Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Lj-

Idea For Community Project

(i am new here so Im not sure how these community projects get going.) i've had this idea for a community project theme for a while now so i'll just cut to the chase, what if a group of mappers come together to make a megawad based off of different metal/rock albums and songs (metallica, SOAD, nine inch nails, etc.). basically theming maps on album covers, song topics, and bands in general. my idea for the name is "battle of the bands" or "BOB.wad"

// and then Hetfield shows up in his G5 and slaps us with a cease and desist..

We could do it, but it would only be for distribution in Iran and Madagascar, neither of whom acknowledge American copyright law...

53 minutes ago, LoatharMDPhD said:

only be for distribution in Iran and Madagascar

I'm sure all the Doom Players in Madagascar will appreciate this recognition, it truly was the film of the century.

I have my utmost trust in someone calling themselves ur mother and have a trollface to lead this project.

I thought of something similar but with the whole catch being levels based around song titles from a singular album. No idea if that would work, though.

Cool, what maps have you made so far, Urmother?

If I were to make a map for this, it'd probably be based on an Evanescence album or something.

I'd honestly love an ideas thread where you can shout ideas for map gimmicks and community projects without pretending to actually start one. I'll start:

A  megawad where the primary threat is getting softlock. the secret maps and final level can cause hardlocks (which is basically just a crash)

A CP that only allows Pain Elementals & Lost Souls

A Doom 2 megawad with all it's new enemies, but you don't have the SSG

Please steal and don't credit, thank you for reading

7 hours ago, OniriA said:

I have my utmost trust in someone calling themselves ur mother and have a trollface to lead this project.

i know i was very creative coming up with this account

On 10/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, LoatharMDPhD said:

// and then Hetfield shows up in his G5 and slaps us with a cease and desist..

We could do it, but it would only be for distribution in Iran and Madagascar, neither of whom acknowledge American copyright law...

I live near Iran so I can help with distribution lol

On 10/22/2023 at 4:21 PM, No-Man Baugh said:

I'd honestly love an ideas thread where you can shout ideas for map gimmicks and community projects without pretending to actually start one. I'll start:

I think such a thread (or a very similar one) already exists.