Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Flashback to the Past

I've been harrassed notified by Torn on IRC that the demo of his Flashback project has been released just minutes ago. In a testament to the original Doom, most of the levels in this project follow the theme of the level they replace. Be sure to head over there and grab it now!

I helped beta test this and I have to say, best wad since '93. Especially E2M4 (included as E2M3 here), which is probably my all-time favorite pwad map. Download this now!!!!!11

great work guys, these maps are the best emulation of the original feel ever imo.

sargebaldy said:

I helped beta test this and I have to say, best wad since '93. Especially E2M4 (included as E2M3 here), which is probably my all-time favorite pwad map. Download this now!!!!!11

Also the first map, me and espi started map on. Espi sent me the "blue" techbase start somewhere in march this year... :)

Yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!11onetwothree
/me downloads
Been wanting to play this for a while now. :)

Hey guys, how did you all get the demo? Whenever I go to the download page, all I see is a graphic of a guy rubbing his head, and the page stating "Nothing to download yet"... could someone send me the name of the zipfile and I'll try to download it by typing it in? Or even a link with the zip included?

Thanks,
Richie

Cool, thanks Sarge. I tried to get there from the "Go Grab it" link, but it only took me to the download page. The one with the crazy graphic on it. Thanks for posting this link though man, now its time to check it out....

Thanks,
Richie

I wasn't a big fan of E2M1. I know it's supposed to emulate the original doom, and I'm not too picky about detail, but some texture misalignments look really ugly. (Ex: The doorstop texture on window jambs that are higher than 128, and some of the lower textures look like they weren't unpegged)
But I will say that E2M3 was kickass.
I'm going to have to play through the rest of it now.

E4M2 is going to own you all. I'm just afraid it won't be "old school" enough.