Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

Scythe2 Demos

With some coop practice I'm now more familiar with Scythe2. And finally I'm addicted to it. My doubts about its quality (I thought it would be very good, but not as great as Scythe or KSutra) are gone :)

So I just recorded my first UV -fast demo: Map11 in 3:52.

EDIT: improved to 3:41. Still crap.

Angus Thermopyle said:
With some coop practice I'm now more familiar with Scythe2.

GG Genex.

Angus, you are Genex? Heh that means we played Sc2 coop together :) I played that on Saturday and I remember that name :)

Cool, Gusta :)

BTW, I've improved your Map11 UV Tyson run to 5:26. All went nearly perfect, but I lost much time because of the lindef trigger bug. So I have to do it again :(

Hmm maybe if you told me, that you're Genex during the game I would stay there for levels 20-27, even I was tidy and drunken a bit :) (I played it on big czech LAN party in Prague), the event I remember most was our good coop carnage on map32.
My 11 tyson was pretty bad one so I understand the improvement. Feel free to improve another crappy runs I recorded here.
Btw. I improved some your tyson too ... aha it was TVR32 ... that belongs to another topic :)

Thx, Kristian. Your run is also great. I also tried it in the last hour and got only a 0:43.

BTW, route credits should go to Gusta, he did UV Speed/Pacifist in 0:43.

...and my run have been forgotten :)
Well, seriously, this is very easy map for speed and I dídn't believe my run wasn't beated immediately after I uploaded it.

Hey Gusta :-)
No, not forgotten, I had seen it but when I checked for previous runs on map 21 I searched for "21-" and not "21p". ;-)

I agree, it's very easy for speed. Two things make or break the run: the Caco and running through that corridor after pushing the switch outside that lowers the wall back into the base.

Been awhile since I did a Scythe 2 demo, so I did map08 UV -fast in 6:24. Could go at least 5-10 seconds faster thanks to some mistakes I made close to the end.

Sending to Ops now.

And another map08 demo from me...but this time it's an improved UV-Max with a time of 4:58. This could have been at least 3-4 seconds faster, but the cybie managed to kill me at the end. That really sucked (Would have made an excellent "Ronge" demo if I still had it :P).

At the least, it's under 5 mins, which is nice :).

Sending this demo to Ops now.

Guys your map21 runs inspired me so I recorded a tyson for this map in 3:45 (34 sec faster than my previous one)

Great demos on map08, Anima! Btw. When I watched the maxdemo I realized that there should be a possible glide trick. Well there it is and it helped me to do a speed/pacifist run in 0:27.

Nice find, Gusta! (map 8 glide,I mean. Found it too when I saw your post :-D)

Improved map 21 UV speed to 0:40. Will post when I get 0:39.

Schneelocke - for you great Scythe2 demosite:

- Grazza's s210-100 contains another speedrun with the same time, featuring an AV jump (s210a100.lmp)
- Erik's Map15s speedrun is also pacifist

Angus Thermopyle said:

Schneelocke - for you great Scythe2 demosite:

- Grazza's s210-100 contains another speedrun with the same time, featuring an AV jump (s210a100.lmp)
- Erik's Map15s speedrun is also pacifist

Thanks, fixed. And thanks for the compliment, too! ^_^

Angus Thermopyle said:

Glad to be of service :)

About Erik's run. The speed entry is marked now with a footnote, but not copied into the pacifist column.

Eh, yeah, you're right. Sorry - it's probably too early for me to get anything right. ;)