Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Opulent

Scythe2 Demos

I agree :). Nice job there.

One demo from me today, an improved map08 UV-fast. Time is now 5:50. Poor choice of weapon for the final manco, plus some missed SSG shots earlier in the level, but otherwise most spots went smoothly this time around.

Sending to Ops now.

And one from me: I did Map03 UV -fast in 3:24.

It should be faster (finally under 3 minutes), but there are some nice low health moments near ending, so I send this to Mr Merrill.

I'll try again.

EDIT: Hehe, tried it again and got 3:08 with my 3rd try :)

I ímproved that map08 speed by one second to 0:26. Will go faster with perfect glide.

I improved Map12 UV Pacifist to 1:02. Thx to Anima for showing how to do it :)

EDIT: ... and did Map03 UV Pacifist in 0:59.

EDIT #2: ... and Map04 UV Pacifist in 0:35.

Hey guys. I've been gone for quite a while (I just haven't had the will to speedrun since school started), but after seeing Angus post a MAP04 pacifist time which ties one of my runs (and a MAP03 one very close to another one I did), I decided it was time I submitted some demos again. These three are a bit old, and have a few flukes, but they beat the times currently there:

MAP03 UV Pacifist in 0:56
MAP19 UV Pacifist in 0:52
MAP22 UV Speed in 1:33

Also, if you are interested, I did a UV speed on MAP08 in 1:21, which does not follow either of the two shortcuts previously mentioned here. I just think it is a really good level and wanted to try going through the entire thing. If you would like to include it as a miscellaneous demo, I'd be happy to have it posted.

Till then, I'll just send these three demos to Opulent.

(BTW, I was one door away from completing MAP27 on pacifist. Damn afrit >_<)

I am really happy seeing a lot of action on this wad lately, I am watching every demo and it's damn nice stuff =)

Great demos. :) (And that goes for all demos I haven't commented on in the past, too, BTW!)

I've updated the table to include these, too, but speaking of that, I just want to let you all know that I'll be on a holiday trip for a few weeks starting tomorrow, so there probably won't be any updates until early May. Sorry about that, but I'll catch up on things again afterwards. :)

I improved that map08 speed again - to 0:24 (yeeeah!:), sent to Doug.
Domrem: Pls send your map08 long way run too, it should be entertaining. And your other run too ... the times sounds damn fast. You can also share your undone pacifist for map27 (no doubt you will complete the run though)

Angus Thermopyle said:

I just did a crappy tablefiller: Map04 NM Speed in 0:39.

Well, I didn't want to make your work go to waste, but...

Wasn't doing much here, so I did a quick Map04 NM Speed in 0:33. I wonder if 0:30 is possible. Should be possible if one skips the Berserk pack, though I need it for the extra health to survive.

Even if that isn't possible, I bet a :30 or better is still possible (Ending was a bit slow). See if you can do it (Or perhaps even try a NM100S run).

I'll send my map04 NM-Speed to Ops now.

Sorry Angus, but I did the same thing with the MAP04 pacifist. :\ While messing around in Scythe 2, I realized the run could be done even faster, and so I went back and tried it again. I got a 0:28 run. The demo is shaky, but I won't nitpick about it, since I got a lot of luck in it.

Gusta: OK! I attempted it again a few times and managed to improve it by 16 seconds, so now it's 1:05. I'll package this with the MAP04 pacifist and send it to Opulent.

The MAP27 demo will most likely be uploaded with the completed pacifist run. It's more of an on-and-off run with me, since it can be very frustrating at times.

Opulent: I'm curious, did you recieve my first e-mail with the three demos? Perhaps it's just me being impatient, since I'm certain I sent the e-mail before the post with links to Angus's demos, but I just want to make sure it's not a problem/mistake on my side.

Very nice and no problem at all - I knew this would happen :)

Anima: I wasted time to kill the revenant in that nightmare run. After reading your post I tried it again and realized that he's not a problem at all. NM100s should be interesting...

DomRem: 0:28 sounds like a great time :)

Two more hours with Map04 NM Speed and my best time is 0:31 (with taking the berserk). From that moment I skipped the berserk every time, because I had several runs where I skipped the berserk and had MORE health after the teleport than in the 0:31 demo, but always died at the red door due to bad luck with the mancubus :(

I need a break after 350 attempts. I hope you'll have more luck.

Well, it was hell to get...but I scored a 0:29 Map04 NM-Speed. That's with taking the Berserk of course. Looks a bit ugly early on with a couple bumps against things, but is quite smooth after I get past the 1st rev. A 0:27 or 0:28 oughta be possible here.

Sending this to Ops now.

sorry folks, I was on travel for work the last few days...

Anima:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/s204n033.zip
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/s204n029.zip

DomRem:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/s208-105dr.zip
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/s204p028dr.zip

Angus:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/s204n039.zip

Gusta:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/dwdemo/s208p024.zip

DomRem, I don't think I got your previous email. :(
Mozilla was unable to re-create my Inbox on Tuesday, so I moved the folder and then deleted the bad indexed files.(including the trash)... so if I had received it and mistakenly deleted it, it is gone now. :(
please re-send.

No problem, resent. :) I also added in a 0:35 UV Pacifist on MAP15 I did this morning to go along with the three demos that were already in there.

Very cool demos guys, esp. DomRem's map22, it's a great speed run for that map. Btw. DomRem I improved that map19 pacifist run to 0:47, clean run but it's done by me so the time is improvable by 3-4 secs at least :)

Gusta said:
The demo is ugly and I don't think I will record more speeds under prboom. Rather maxers or tysons.

You can use Doom2+ for any Scythe2 level that doesn't have Boom stuff (most) and Boom for the ones that do, especially if you still have Windows 98 or DOS.

Gusta: If your problem is the turn-snapping bug, then this is fixed in Prboom-plus. There are also "Alt Mouse Handling" and "Mouse Acceleration" options that you can try.

I've watched a few Scythe2 demos with Doom-plus, and most worked (on those maps without Boom stuff), but don't recall if there were any other problems (related to other Doom2.exe limitations, not fixed in Doom-plus) - I vaguely recall some other issues, but didn't make a note and haven't tested systematically. In other words, in my view it should mostly work, but there might be some nasty surprises. [Obviously, to try this, you will need to use deusf -app on the wad, and extract the deh and apply it to the Doom-plus exe.]

Regarding using Boom itself, if you want to do so in a Windows environment, there is the direct port, Prboom 2.02.

(But myk: wasn't Gusta's comment from an old txt, many demos ago?)

Hehe I already don't remember when I was writing about this problem. Well, my biggest problem was 1-2 big lag(s) after maybe 10 secs of recording under prboom. (maybe in some demos you can see that I miss some shoot or very strangely change direction... ) But on my new (faster) machine this problem is fixed and that turn-snapping bug mostly too. So, smeg knows, maybe my older comp is too bad.

Grazza said:
(But myk: wasn't Gusta's comment from an old txt, many demos ago?)

It's on the thread on some early page; it happens I started watching Scythe2 demos yesterday (with Doom2+) and felt perhaps Gusta would find that info useful, if he still uses Doom2.

The only issue I've seen yet was a small texture that didn't look right, somewhere.

By the way, Gusta, all the demos of yours I've watched yet (up to s218-428) are "v1.91". Just saying 'cause it's not written on the text files.