Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(sniper) 109

Doom 64 II The Rising

ok forum is ready, ill pm everyone a link, please register asap so I can allow you permissions.

Just to make sure i have every one thats:

sniper109
fisk
hardcore_gamer

correct? did i miss anyone?

Guest DILDOMASTER666
AlysiumX said:

ok i just ran this as an iwad and had some really horrible results, check these pics out :

secondly i don't understand why you guys are reinventing the wheel over here, the textures and sprites have already been done, we might as well take what work kaiser has already done, and build upon that(crediting him of course) plus you already got his permission to use his materials so I really don't see why were redoing every thing hes already done.

just as a side note here, the new forums is almost finished, gotta set up a few more boards and get a better color scheme but as soon as thats done ill pm ya link so you guys can register, ill have to make you administrators so you can edit the post, this way any one out side of the project can view them, but they cant post on them (ill have a chatter forums also for non-members to converse just in case) editing them.

I think you're missing the point of the exercise here. The texturenames used in console_doom.wad are horrible to map with, and they are already converted to the Doom palette which is not good for Doom 64 resources. Instead, I added textures that were ripped directly from the ROM and did a new PLAYPAL/COLORMAP for them. Speaking of which, (sniper), I didn't mean to say anything against using your new PLAYPAL - but good job anyway.

To AlysiumX: Those maps are a prime example of what I'm talking about. Those were originally made by (sniper) 109, using the archaic texturenames used in console_doom.wad. I partially converted MAP01 to the new ones, but I left it up to him to retexture them in the new list.

(sniper) 109 said:

*The original.*Thats not an option and I can't use .png files with prboom,dutch devil don't post stupid comments like that please.

Why did you post the original then, I just picked the best one of the three.There is nothing stupid about giving an honest opinion.

*Why did you post the original then, I just picked the best one of the three.There is nothing stupid about giving an honest opinion.*Sorry my bad ...If you where to pick one of the two "not the original which one would you pick?

Guest DILDOMASTER666
dutch devil said:

Why did you post the original then, I just picked the best one of the three.There is nothing stupid about giving an honest opinion.

For comparison purposes. Mine and his are being compared to the original, and I think his looks closer to the original than mine does (obviously). No, there's nothing stupid about an honest opinion, but it wasn't exactly relevant. That's like playing Wolfenstein 3D and saying World War 2 was better.

(sniper) 109 said:

Sorry my bad ...If you where to pick one of the two "not the original which one would you pick?

I guess the blue one, not the original blue one but the other one :p but I'm sure the green one would do fine as well.

ok i can see that fisk can post how bout you sniper on the new forums i mean... lol i just noticed the fix up job ya did there fisk, thx i guess your better than me at this forums stuff...

*ok i can see that fisk can post how bout you sniper on the new forums i mean... lol i just noticed the fix up job ya did there fisk, thx i guess your better than me at this forums stuff...*

Huh?I did post go check your self.

(sniper) 109 said:

We have competition,but very lousy competition removed

Heh! That's not even a new project, it's just some other old famous wad witch name i don't remember with Doom 64 monsters and weapons.

EDIT: Ops! Sorry for double posting!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

lol, that's just Requiem with Doom 64 sprites

(sniper) 109 said:

map04 is almost done3

Could you send me your map? I am eager to play them :)

Or should we do what you suggested and use new forums to show each other what we have made like once or twice a month on the same dates?

When map04 is done I will send you the wad and AlysiumX can add map03 and if you and or fisk finished a map you can add your finished map into the wad.

(sniper) 109 said:

When map04 is done I will send you the wad and AlysiumX can add map03 and if you and or fisk finished a map you can add your finished map into the wad.

I don't really consider a map "finished" until i have gotten feedback from other people about it a few times. It allows me to fix and improve it.

*Umm, what is it exactly?*My idea for a titlepic its bloodied doom logo(I took a screen shot from the intro of doom64)But I guess no one really likes it,so I'm scraping it.

(sniper) 109 said:

I guess no one really likes it,so I'm scraping it.

Mmmmmmm i think it looks pretty cool. The only thing that's wrong with it is that it is a little blurry.

EDIT: Also, are the any plans to add the Mother Demon into our MOD?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

New info on portable device support and possible fork versions of the mod in the new forum.

hardcore_gamer said:

What is a fork version?

its the version that comes with a special edition doom 64 fork!

*WHILE SUPPLIES LAST

j/k

no different version as in what engines we might make it for im assuming...

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Yeah. Like a special "rerelease" version that someone maintains alongside the official version, making changes as necessary to fit certain hardware.