Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Blasphemer discussion

Hey @Catoptromancy, glad you're keeping the project going! I made some pull requests on github, feel free to merge them. The main new feature is HHE support for string replacement in vanilla/Chocolate/Crispy Heretic. Many thanks to @ETTiNGRiNDER for the guide on adapting HHE for Heretic 1.3. I also added a few other things, these were not my own resources, but I hope to contribute more to the community in the future. Also, my first post on Doomworld!

Currently, Blasphemer uses skeletons from the Army of Darkness TC, originally contributed to Freed∞m by @Linguica, according to Attic information. However, I downloaded the TC (which I haven't played), and found that there is also a third custom sprite sheet, some kind of undead king with a crossbow, used as a Cyberdemon replacement:

CYBRB8.png.21a66834c0ea63087ec4c0259e3980f3.png

I wonder why this one was not part of Freed∞m resources and whether it can be used? Certainly it looks like a nice boss monster placeholder.

The Army of Darkness TC readme states that

Authors MAY use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse.  Permissions have been obtained from original 
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.

Maybe cuz it's clearly too derivative design wise from Evil Ash from Army of Darkness?

There is a bunch of new pull requests on github. Once I learn how github works, will look into them. Will probably add a branch for the prebuilt iwads, and another for pull requests.