Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

25 minutes ago, horselessheadsman said:

It isn't JUST helium in there. 

Hey that looks really good, but I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have those corpses all over an actual map. Would be a nice decoration though.

@Sonik.o.fan Bro your weapon art is fkn sick, but holy shit I just added the shotgun from Mutiny 2.0 to my mod last night and checked the realm and saw you updated the sprites for the trench gun and almost spit my coffee. Never saw the original outside of that old mod so I didn't think it would ever see the light of day again if I didn't nab it. I didn't even know the BFG10K was updated recently until I combed through the armory, which I was also using the old version and promptly updated my copy.

FR tho thanks for the updated art, your Q3 style rocket launcher is dope too which I'm also using because the variety of Doom style RLs on R667 is honestly severely lacking.

19 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Sonik.o.fan Bro your weapon art is fkn sick, but holy shit I just added the shotgun from Mutiny 2.0 to my mod last night and checked the realm and saw you updated the sprites for the trench gun and almost spit my coffee. Never saw the original outside of that old mod so I didn't think it would ever see the light of day again if I didn't nab it. I didn't even know the BFG10K was updated recently until I combed through the armory, which I was also using the old version and promptly updated my copy.

FR tho thanks for the updated art, your Q3 style rocket launcher is dope too which I'm also using because the variety of Doom style RLs on R667 is honestly severely lacking.

Appreciate your kind words, pal, i'm really glad that my stuff makes Your job easier :]

1 hour ago, Notsee said:

Is it ok to request sprites here

Don't take this as the "official" rule but from what I have seen yes but people will likely not reply or tell you to make them yourself.

This thread is for people to show off the cool stuff they've made -- putting requests in the middle will just clutter it up.

4 minutes ago, Xaser said:

This thread is for people to show off the cool stuff they've made -- putting requests in the middle will just clutter it up.

K sorry

55 minutes ago, ak47fu2 said:

Don't take this as the "official" rule but from what I have seen yes but people will likely not reply or tell you to make them yourself.

I think the main place to do this is through an artists dms for commission. I payed for an M_DOOM graphic not too long ago at that went very smoothly.

3 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Well I have a fair "request" to make tbh, @Sonik.o.fan the D3 machinegun you uploaded looks fuzzy when zoomed in, is there a cleaner version? 

I know Sonik also uploaded a version of it the zdoom forums. Not sure if that one is fuzzy.

1 minute ago, Lila Feuer said:

@ak47fu2 Yeah I checked it and it looked the same. It might look fine in game but I'd like to be sure first.

Could maybe be because of the forum shrinking stuff. Not sure.

I cant really crap of the rigid walk cycle of might and magic sprites anymore.
Rigging is coming along decently though.
Just gotta make the legs lift more, and the arms swing behind a bit more.

humiewalk.gif
More will come eventually. Just gotta get a grips on the seasonal depression.

Edited by Desfar

I'm happy with this remake of the candelabra. (bing ai chat bot made the candle wax)

everything else was my cut and pastin skkkillls

Spoiler

InShot_20231205_012739892.png

it works! lol

Screenshot 2023-12-05 014426.png

Edited by SupremeBioVizier

When it comes to low down enemies, should i design them with the assumption that the pov will be the player looking down on them?
Or does a perspective of straight on at the same height work?
skin3.png.d996fcb388f587f749b8a095588aebea.png Flesh Blob.
skin3.png.677cfae0b91b82e1c0cee96195e4811f.png Slightly Lumpier Flesh Blob.

If anyone has good examples of a proper blobish enemy, lemme know!

Edited by Desfar

18 hours ago, Desfar said:

When it comes to low down enemies, should i design them with the assumption that the pov will be the player looking down on them?
Or does a perspective of straight on at the same height work?
skin3.png.d996fcb388f587f749b8a095588aebea.png Flesh Blob.
skin3.png.677cfae0b91b82e1c0cee96195e4811f.png Slightly Lumpier Flesh Blob.

If anyone has good examples of a proper blobish enemy, lemme know!

Hmm... that's a difficult question. This freak looks terrifying AF though good work! xD

I would say... maybe design them as if the player is looking down at them, but not too much. Like maybe 10-20 degrees max? How that would look is I suppose show a bit of feet (If indeed this is a full humanoid design).

1 minute ago, Wo0p said:

Hmm... that's a difficult question. This freak looks terrifying AF though good work! xD

I would say... maybe design them as if the player is looking down at them, but not too much. Like maybe 10-20 degrees max? How that would look is I suppose show a bit of feet (If indeed this is a full humanoid design).

The design is intended to be a kind of flesh pudding. Skin and muscle without bones.
If I make it a downward angle, the monster tends to look odd against the floors. would an abuse of Billboarding possibly work?
And if it finds a monster corpse, it will absorb the corpse and become a souped up version of the absorbed corpse.
(will eventually have to sort out the scripting, likely via the Res commands)