Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

A scene from DOOM (name the level)

I think that's it VolteFace. It's the one with E1M3 music I believe. You have to make an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade style leap of faith.

Well, it's certainly a leap of faith, what with those revenants on the other side and the tomatoes coming up from below....

The plutonia level with the eye-shaped window was Map 18, (neurosphere) the deja-vu bit comes from the fact that the level is very similar to DooM 2 Map 14 (inmost dens)

Here's an easy TNT one: (in 5 words)

Big. Industrial. Office. Crates. Truck.

Here's an easy TNT one: (in 5 words)

Big. Industrial. Office. Crates. Truck.

Map19 - Shipping/Respawning

The details are a little vague, but I'll take a guess anyway.

Map17 - Processing Area

Ultimate DooMer said:

Correct. Here's a harder TNT one: (in 5 words)

Medium-sized. Green. Zombies everywhere.

(hooray, this is my 100th post! Hardly spectacular, but wtf)

That describes all of Plutonia. :) That's why I don't like it. TNT
is so much better, IMO.

However, since this is TNT, I'd go with... damn, what's the name of it?
I don't have TNT installed. The one with the with warehouse full of
crates and an Arch-Vile outside the warehouse (sorry, I have'nt played
it in over a year...)

VolteFace said:

is so much better, IMO.

it in over a year...)

No, Plutonia isn't all green, and certainly doesn't have zombies everywhere. (revenants and archviles, yes, that's why I think it's the best 'cos of the gameplay. It looks good as well)

No, it's not map 11. (that's not green either...)

Ultimate DooMer said:

No, Plutonia isn't all green, and certainly doesn't have zombies everywhere. (revenants and archviles, yes, that's why I think it's the best 'cos of the gameplay. It looks good as well)

No, it's not map 11. (that's not green either...)

Map03?

VolteFace said:

is so much better, IMO.

it in over a year...)

Map 29.

(oops, I should have remembered about the other all-green level,
map 29 - although there aren't zombies everywhere)

Nope, both wrong.

edit:

(Actually, now I come to think of it, it's not that green at all. Ok, my mistake. I'll give another clue instead):

Hi-tech map with some storage space, some red wall lights and is populated mostly by zombies.

It could have been Map11, map13 or map14 as well.

Here is another Evilution one:

My, oh my, what have we gotten into here? Maybe those long corridors were drab, but they were at least (relatively) safe. Imps ahead, imps behind, imps to every side. Is it raining with them or what? And what is that strange thumping sound in the background?

An arachnotron goes "ka-chiik ka-chiik" and a mastermind goes "shuffle shuffle" my friend. So, try again!

Map14 is shock full of former humans but I don't remember being surrounded by an army of imps anytime in that map.

You've already snatched the shotgun from the pedastal you had to lower, but some Imps gave you a hard time. You really want a chaingun but you're low on health and the short slog through the acid may not be a good idea.

bigbadgangsta said:

You've already snatched the shotgun from the pedastal you had to lower, but some Imps gave you a hard time. You really want a chaingun but you're low on health and the short slog through the acid may not be a good idea.

E2M2?

E3M3 Pandemonium. I like going into the shotgun room better on the PSX version because of the strategically placed imps just inside the alcoves in the walls as you enter the room. Surprised the shit out of me when I assumed that it was the exact same as the PC version. :P

yep, it's E3M3.

As soon as I read "Shotgun that lowers" I thought of E3M3, but, yeah, it could be describing E2M2, I didn't even think of that.

Ultimate DOOM, 5 words: Red. Bloody. Maze. Suits. Demons.

Ultimate DOOM, 5 words: Red. Bloody. Maze. Suits. Demons.

E3M7 - Limbo

Best map in that episode IMO.

Hellbent said:

yep, it's E3M3.

As soon as I read "Shotgun that lowers" I thought of E3M3, but, yeah, it could be describing E2M2, I didn't even think of that.

couldnt be e2m2, because the chaingun in e2m2 you dont need to go thru nukage to get to

You find yourself on a small spot safe from all the slime. You are surrounded by four elevators. At the top of them are numberous zombies and a few imps. At the top of the elevator to the west, you will run into a pair of harmless Pain Elementals.

Where is this and why are they harmless?

Ichor, I was going to do this description myself. :P I believe they are harmless because there are so many monsters in the level already and it can't handle more.

I won't say what the map is, as I was going to do the same description. I'm sure someone else knows it.