Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Video game music thread

Easily the best track from Mario 64, which always evokes a powerful sense of nostalgia; of summer days spent playing this game with my friends, as a kid.

Incidentally this provides a bizarre juxtaposition with the track above this one.

Fell in love with this quirky sidescroller back in the day. Had some incredible tunes to boot:

This one kinda cheats a little bit since it uses music from Les Claypools album Of Fungi and Foe for it's soundtrack, but Les did make the music of that specifically for this game so it does count I guess. The game came before that album came out as well.

Also if you like the soundtrack to this game you should listen to the whole album it's from as well. It honestly does make you feel like you're on mushrooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zweovxmc5Ls&index=2&list=PL0240B6DAC5E0A593

I so, so, SO wish this series hadn't gone defunct. Celtic-Industrial? That's not something you hear just anywhere, and it arguably gave the first two entries in this series its soul.

Third game's main battle music is damn good too. (Although it was a lighter-and-fluffier Teen-rated sequel - the first two games were Mature-rated and damn dark.)