Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doomworld Members' Sketchbook

Cheers to 30 years of Doom!

I sorta rushed this, but oh well!

doom30.png

IMG_20231215_175230.jpg?ex=658eebd7&is=6

Painted thing again, wanted paint the sun, but I ended up with meteor crashing down.

I found my old sketchbook from when I went to college for three weeks about nineteen years ago. I used to love drawing, so I did spend some time tonight drawing again, but I figured I might as well share some stuff. Maybe people will enjoy it, maybe not.

Here's a deer:

Spoiler

qNnrTcO.png

And here's my take on Cartilage Head, if anyone remembers the webcomic Achewood:

Spoiler

gNsiAMx.png

And here's a puppy!

Spoiler

Y9uVnwN.png

And this is what I was working on tonight. I started with the basic outline of the head on the left years ago and I never did anything with it. So I added the goiter and the snake neck, and the face on the right tonight, and colored it in. It always bothered me that I never did anything with this drawing, and I don't know where I'll go with it. But I'm kind of pleased with it right now:

Spoiler

y95Q9jz.png

And then there's this thing. I barely remember drawing it, but I do remember that I did it with my left hand (I'm right handed). And I'm pretty sure I was high on Robitussin when I did it. I think it still turned out pretty decently though, but it absolutely doesn't look like anything I would usually draw, and if it wasn't in my sketch book I would say I didn't draw it. I think I was listening to The Black Heart Procession when I drew it. Or maybe ASP. It was probably a playlist with both of them on it.

Spoiler

cDqDi6b.png

Oh, and a preliminary drawing of an Angler Fish:

Spoiler

AYwdrlr.png

Edited by Jello

I did color in the Puppy last night:

Spoiler

8pp2imL.png

Edited by Jello

Yesterday's prompt was draw something what starts with letter e and I decided go with eggplants:

Spoiler

IMG_20231223_190859_600x800.jpg?ex=659a8

13 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

From Software needs to hire you, Jello.

I've always loved their design aesthetic, it is really relevant to my interests. The first time I saw images from Demon's Souls I thought "Yeah... that looks like what I've been drawing forever, I love it". However I also really, really suck at their games, Dark Souls kicks my ass every time I try it, so maybe I could just be a design consultant. I love the idea of their games, but for whatever reason I've just never been very good at them.

But thank you for the compliment, much appreciated :-)

12 hours ago, Jello said:

However I also really, really suck at their games, Dark Souls kicks my ass every time I try it, so maybe I could just be a design consultant. I love the idea of their games, but for whatever reason I've just never been very good at them.

You probably weren't much good at drawing when you first tried it out, either, but you kept doing it until you progressed to a point where you're happy with it. Of course, you enjoyed doing it enough to want to progress anyway - may as well drop something if it feels less fun than nailing your balls to a stepladder.

I know I bounced off of Dark Souls 1&2 even after repeated attempts, but I just lost the last couple of days to Elden Ring. Something about the ability to bugger off and do other things when you hit a brick wall just vibes with me much better.

On 12/25/2023 at 3:55 AM, Daytime Waitress said:

You probably weren't much good at drawing when you first tried it out, either, but you kept doing it until you progressed to a point where you're happy with it. Of course, you enjoyed doing it enough to want to progress anyway - may as well drop something if it feels less fun than nailing your balls to a stepladder.

I know I bounced off of Dark Souls 1&2 even after repeated attempts, but I just lost the last couple of days to Elden Ring. Something about the ability to bugger off and do other things when you hit a brick wall just vibes with me much better.

I just think I might be getting too old to handle the combat system of Dark Souls. Or too old to put up with a combat system that punishes me everytime I don't dodge or parry at the right time. My reflexes aren't quite what they used to be, but I would like to give Elden Rings a try.

It looks like it would be more up my alley; I watched a speed run of it, and it looks like it's more exploration based. I would love the option to just say "Fuck Off" to something that has been killing me time and time again, and go and fight something else. So if you enjoy it, I might have to try it out.

I watched a quick playthrough of it, and what amazed me time and time again was just how beautiful and twisted everything in the game looked. Again, I love From Software's aesthetic, it's extremely beautiful, and I would love to see more of their games. But the twentieth time I get killed by the same damn thing, I just give up.

And as far as the first Dark Soul's game, as soon as I made it anywhere, someone would invade my game and kill me. That got really fucking old, and I was glad that the servers went offline. The online component was nice, and interesting, but getting killed by someone who was at God tier while you were trying to figure out the game got old.

As far as being good at drawing, I was always told I was good at drawing. And it does take quite a bit of practice, and I've been lax in that for too long, because I absolutely love doing it. And I'm not great, I would never call anything I've done great. Good or satisfactory, but I've seen some great artwork by people I've known. And they think what they've done is good, or adequate, but not great. It's all subjective I guess. Everyone is their own worst critic.

But I did find my "journal" from when I was in first grade, and found this picture I drew of a horse when I was 6 years old. Certainly beat the shit out of the other six year olds:

Spoiler

uSWxMQp.png

Although on the back, we had to write down what we drew, and I wrote "AHRS". So at least my spelling has gotten better.

Edited by Jello

4 hours ago, dragzxnd said:

My old sketch

I really like the shading/blending on that, you should go back and finish it. It looks good!

I wanted to take a small break from mapping and do something else for a moment so I drew a sky texture that should be familiar to most of you.

It's been almost a year since the previous time I drew something on paper so I was a bit rusty but I'm proud of the final product.

Spoiler

1422320300_20240125_1700524.jpg.67c1e7634b771a609f7048c6185d7421.jpg

165241045_20240125_1750212.jpg.5bb544b419c60c81d2a7269e0ef7a0e1.jpg

+A few extra pics to showcase the process

Spoiler

20240122_1508202.jpg?ex=65c57f26&is=65b3

20240122_162658_HDR3.jpg?ex=65c57f26&is=

20240124_1447404.jpg?ex=65c57f27&is=65b3

I might draw more stuff from other wads in the future; I have a few ideas already.

8 hours ago, Danlex said:

I wanted to take a small break from mapping and do something else for a moment so I drew a sky texture that should be familiar to most of you.

It's been almost a year since the previous time I drew something on paper so I was a bit rusty but I'm proud of the final product.

Reveal hidden contents

1422320300_20240125_1700524.jpg.67c1e7634b771a609f7048c6185d7421.jpg

165241045_20240125_1750212.jpg.5bb544b419c60c81d2a7269e0ef7a0e1.jpg

+A few extra pics to showcase the process

Reveal hidden contents

20240122_1508202.jpg?ex=65c57f26&is=65b3

20240122_162658_HDR3.jpg?ex=65c57f26&is=

20240124_1447404.jpg?ex=65c57f27&is=65b3

I might draw more stuff from other wads in the future; I have a few ideas already.

BTSX2 go brrrrrr

EDIT: I didn't think about if this thread was for 2D art only since it's been a long time, I don't exactly remember how this forum works but I think I have to request for my posts to get deleted? So mods could you please delete this reply if it's offtopic?

Here's a bunch of 3D renders I made in Blender, been trying to improve my skills since I mostly just made 3D FNaF stuff as a kid and didn't learn much else

(the bedroom and TV renders are using free assets, but the other 3D models are done by me)

Bedroom

Spoiler

bedromm2.png.3032a3c2f56ebf3811257f7499d05d2d.png

TV

Spoiler

TV4.png.c9924a1f7918a17a4e07e6669725e055.png

Retro FPS inspired render

Spoiler

0001retro12.png.c0d6ecce20fd406807178e8f5dd44982.png

Unfinished Lego Minifig

Spoiler

testlego3.png.f90069c5ff1281778178c6a6526c4101.png