Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. Zin

A Megawad for 2006 (1monster) [Finished]

Ichor said:

I'll work on map 4. I'm done with map 4.

Did you add any traps to mix up the gameplay at all? I think that was the major issue with the map.

RoneKyakone said:

Did you add any traps to mix up the gameplay at all? I think that was the major issue with the map.

No. With such a confining map, there wasn't much in the way of traps that I really could add, so I made it a bit more challenging by removing some of the ammo and added a chainsaw.

impClaw said:

Heh, progress going slow over here. I know i will be able to finish map07 but i'm uncertain about the other one since i'm going to some nifty science school for about 4 weeks...

I might be able to take 13 from you. I know I just gave up on 18, but 13 is much smaller and manageable. Give me a day or two and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Yeah, I should be able to take care of it.

Ok, well I am basically done my map, I want to add a tiny bit of detail, but most of the bugs that were asked of me were worked out. I need an opinion on the map though from some some one else on the project.

Also, I want to bring up the fact that, after we get all the maps ready, who's going to order them, and then how are we going to make difficulty levels for it?

I figure after we order them, we play test for ultra violence, then just remove monsters for easier difficulties.

Any who, I am just really happy to be done the map. Its not super, but its done. Thanks to liberation for letting me transform the map. :)

so who ever wants to see it thats on this project, just pm me, and ill upload it some where, for now I am going to send the final version to Ronekyakone and Liberation.

ONE STEP CLOSER!

I've got the sequence of maps almost worked out, and I'll post it here sometime soon. Liberation can use it or not.

I can safely say the next beta won't be the final, but with all of the maps mostly fixed up and ordered properly, I think from there we can tweak it and be finished in one more update.

Update: Macro just put the finishing touches on 02. I'm nearing completion done with 13. I suspect impClaw is pretty close to being done with 07. That leaves 18 as the last untouched map. Still looking for someone to take it if they can.

EDIT: Also, posting my proposed map order for you guys to tear apart. Hopefully something like this will work with a few adjustments. (Now on the next page.)

*bugs rone* well I've been roped in to monkeying around with map18, but before I do, Id like permission from Damion-Reloaded, as I hear its his map.

So how about it? :) All I really want to do is spruce up what you all ready have (I thought it was pretty good, but I just want to add some stuff) Also remove possibly some extra sectors and lines, fix any bugs, and fix any "annoyances" and add difficulty levels.
--[Edit]--
Also, if you do let me make changes, then can you possibly discribe the map to me? It seems your going for some sort of office/packaging plant with in-house employees. Its just so I can help define that theme a bit better if thats what it is.

Okay, my work seems to be done, so I'll be zipping and throwing the maps I've worked on onto Rapidshare. I'll send Liberation the link, and anyone else who wants to see them. For the record, sausage and Jodwin, I don't think you've seen the changes I made to your maps, so if you want to, let me know.

RoneKyakone said:

For the record, sausage and Jodwin, I don't think you've seen the changes I made to your maps, so if you want to, let me know.

Sure, that would be nice.

Mithral_Demon said:

So Rone, does this mean the megawad is pretty much done or just still on stages of working on more?

I'm sure it won't be long now.

You should have a PM from me, Jodwin.

Mithral_Demon said:

So Rone, does this mean the megawad is pretty much done or just still on stages of working on more?

If you look at the progress chart at the top of the page, we've got two maps left. After that, there will probably be another really quick round of testing and then the final version.

There's still the map 15 secret exit that needs to be added, whichever map that may be.

Are we including anything like intermission screens (including map names) or the title screen?

In the next version? I don't know. By the final release, we should have map names and a title screen, though. That was the plan, anyway. I know someone posted a title screen image ages ago -- I assume we'll use that one, but I don't have it saved. I have no idea about an intermission. If there's anyone who can make one, we could certainly use it.

I still have that title screen somewhere. As for the intermission screen, I meant just using the new map names. The original screen seems good enough, although I or someone else could probably whip one up in a hurry if needed.

Ichor said:

There's still the map 15 secret exit that needs to be added, whichever map that may be.

It looks like it's mine at the moment:

15 (Knight) Cave

If the current map order is final, which is unlikely, I don't know how or where I'm going to add it. By the way, I had this map originally saved as map22 and not 15, so when we start moving maps around, be sure that any replacement midis move with them. In my case, it's that Hexen piece.

Ichor said:

As for the intermission screen, I meant just using the new map names.

I could whip up all the graphics for map names if I knew all of them. Is there a program that can turn text into the proper graphics? I thought I had heard of one, but if not, it's not too hard to just copy/paste them together in Paint.

I'm going to update the chart at the top of the page with the map names I know. If someone could fill in the blanks (and correct any that are wrong), I'll get started on making the graphics.

RoneKyakone said:

I could whip up all the graphics for map names if I knew all of them. Is there a program that can turn text into the proper graphics?

Hey Rone, try out Doom Word; it should do exactly what you're looking for. I forgot who made it and where I originally downloaded it, so I uploaded it to my own site.

Macro11_1 said:

*bugs rone* well I've been roped in to monkeying around with map18, but before I do, Id like permission from Damion-Reloaded, as I hear its his map.

So how about it? :) All I really want to do is spruce up what you all ready have (I thought it was pretty good, but I just want to add some stuff) Also remove possibly some extra sectors and lines, fix any bugs, and fix any "annoyances" and add difficulty levels.

for me there's no problem, macro11_1...

Tango said:

Hey Rone, try out Doom Word; it should do exactly what you're looking for. I forgot who made it and where I originally downloaded it, so I uploaded it to my own site.

Awesome. You are my hero.

As for the last five names, how about these?

1. Trooper Trauma, White Zombie, Zomboni Machine
2. Demons on Parade, Cuddling the Mission
7. Impulse, Slithy Toves
12, 19. Archie's Bunker, The Archons, Musical Bar-B-Que

I'm sure someone else can come up with some better ones.

Slight problem with map12. I'm going to tweak it a little more and make sure the balancing is good. I'll resend it when it's done, Liberation. Shouldn't take very long.

Liberation said:

I was planing on doing map names etc with dehacked etc.

Yeah, but having it during the intermission is good as well :).

Still, the deh. will make it appear on the map wont it?

Also Damion, its ok with you, thats cool, thanks... BUT I need to know what kind of place you were aiming for. If its hard to describe, maby I can talk to you over AIM or MSN or Player connector or something.

Ill start making some changes though that don't have to do with that.

Ichor said:

As for the last five names, how about these?

1. Trooper Trauma, White Zombie, Zomboni Machine
2. Demons on Parade, Cuddling the Mission
7. Impulse, Slithy Toves

I'm sure someone else can come up with some better ones.

Liberation, Jodwin, and daimon are around, so they should be able to name their own maps. impClaw can give his level a name once he's done updating it. deldelda might be the hardest. Macro has tried getting in touch with him for other reasons with no success.

If any of the authors can't think of names or aren't around to give one before the next beta, we can take a vote.

Ichor said:

I like the 'Musical Bar-B-Que'. You can call 12 that.

RoneKyakone said:

I suspect impClaw is pretty close to being done with 07

Well, i'm pretty close to being done, just got some detailing to do in the last areas. But i'm in school until the end of next week, which makes mapping kinda hard. Although after i'm done with school i'll finish the last parts.

RoneKyakone said:

07 (Imp) Brown *might be significantly different difficulty-wise when impClaw is finished editing it

The maps difficulty is not really changed, just added a few imps and one or two stimpacks and some more areas. Acually i can make some screenshots at some of the changes:

The outdoor area - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/impClaw/DOOM0003.png
Added a lift, waterfalls, some trees, barrels.

The chaingun area - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/impClaw/DOOM0006.png
Added some kind of a structure to fill out the emptyness.

And here are the parts that i still have to enchance:

Above the Cellar/Sewer area - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/impClaw/DOOM0007.png

One of the new areas- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/impClaw/DOOM0009.png

I'll fix those areas as soon as school's over.

By the way, this thread now has the second most replies in the forum, behind that music thread in Blogs.