Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > buscemi.wad: my tribute to steve buscemi

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ribbiks

download

http://i.imgur.com/RzDdEVyl.jpg

boom-compat

Last edited by Ribbiks on 04-24-13 at 18:57

Old Post 04-24-13 10:06 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Please contribute this to WOOO 2. :P

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 04-24-13 10:30 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

I'm somewhat disappointed that this isn't set in the Trees Lounge, and that there are no wood chippers or bowling alleys present.

Old Post 04-24-13 10:33 #
Alfonzo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Is the actor himself aware of this dedication? Of course,you don't have to answer.No offense is meant.Just curious.

Old Post 04-24-13 12:03 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

grouchbag said:
Is the actor himself aware of this dedication? Of course,you don't have to answer.No offense is meant.Just curious.
I'd be more interested to know whether the actor thought this wad was good enough for Ribbiks to deserve a tip. :P

Old Post 04-24-13 12:13 #
Joshy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
grouchbag

Joshy said:
I'd be more interested to know whether the actor thought this wad was good enough for Ribbiks to deserve a tip. :P

I think he should find out and post it.

Old Post 04-24-13 12:19 #
grouchbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Spammer

We need more maps like this. Let's make a celebrity mega wad

Old Post 04-24-13 14:47 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deimosoft
Warming Up

That screenshot is the most disconcerting doom image I've ever seen

/jk, love Steve Buscemi!

Old Post 04-24-13 15:38 #
deimosoft is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

FDA, use something like "-skipsec -700" for the last attempt. Couldn't finish it because the last switch doesn't work with -cl 2 (floors with stuck monsters cannot move in vanilla doom).

Might be a good idea to make cacodemons explode like lost souls so that their corpses don't block the view. TOD did this for all monsters in Double Pntrtn to make it playable with vanilla sprite limit.

Old Post 04-24-13 16:59 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

6:47 uvmax:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/buscemi-1-647-cl9-uvmax-ggg.lmp

Probably leaving more cybers alive would be faster. Didn't watch your demo yet, will watch now. Kind of a herding puzzle, and neat design. I like somewhat "mini" slaughtermaps like that. I still don't know what the very first switch does.

Old Post 05-01-13 22:16 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

hah, excellent, a good bit faster than the included demo too, nice work! I wasn't sure how much improvement was possible, and the map was a bit too tedious for me to continue trying.

gggmork said:
I still don't know what the very first switch does.

absolutely nothing :)

Old Post 05-01-13 22:59 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

I liked the casual strolling at the beginning of that demo. :) One HK survived btw but who cares. Good job.

Old Post 05-01-13 23:13 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

6:10, killing the cacos first is a much better move than just waiting which I was too dumb to think of at first (or maybe I tried that route and died so didn't think it was doable). Could be faster if I had less vile stragglers resurrecting stuff, but I'm probably done. I'll try the skipsec thingy, never used it before.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/buscemi-1-610-cl9-uvmax-ggg.lmp

Old Post 05-01-13 23:52 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VylePhinder
Banned

st.alfonzo said:
I'm somewhat disappointed that this isn't set in the Trees Lounge, and that there are no wood chippers or bowling alleys present.

Or at least Jack Rabbit Slims... :)

Old Post 05-20-13 02:01 #
VylePhinder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

I would post a demo but Steve's glory hath be to great for mortal eyes.
I started the level, like most would, push the first button you see. The usual happened and the water did indeed fall.
As Steve had intended.
I went to gather the supplies put in place for the test.
The holy test.
I grabbed the rocket launcher and was immediately ambushed by the sleu of demons and other hellish monsters.
Being a mere human I panicked.
I immediately went to the console. I had just played the commentary mode to HL2:E1 where the god mode command was simply "god" and typed that. The line after the command said "Loading Holy Entity"
All the creatures simultaneously exploded into gibs, similar to brutal doom, and from the picture previously uncovered, came Steve Buscemi, in all his holy glory.
He came out of my monitor and whispered "Never tip waitresses..." and as he receded my computer exploded, sheet metal impaling my chest, as I heard "You've passed the test. You have no need for your mortal form anymore."
When I got to this holy place, I told him "But I still wish to be among humans."
In his generosity he allowed me to return.
So I woke up naked in the back of a pickup truck headed for Missouri.
As Steve is not without a sense of humor.
So I guess the moral of the story is, while we are just mere mortals on a useless hunk of rock floating in the cosmos, Steve shows us that we can rise to his level, no matter how much the human race is flawed, there will still be the few that are good enough to keep us progressing, growing in everlasting glory, to infinity and beyond..........
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4511/stevech.jpg
Steve is love, Steve is life.

Old Post 05-20-13 09:19 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote