Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

My part of the map is about 98% finished in terms of mapping. I just need to do some monster placement and balancing, that's it.

Ragnor said:

Ive approached it with the knowledge that people hate classic boss shooters, so its definitely not a rocket in brain scenario, I can say that. I just wish Megamur was still active, hes the vanilla limits guy that tends to keep our imaginations in-line.

Although we have no boss graphics yet, we should definitely start prototyping this, see if actually works. Would be bad to leave it till the end ;]

I miss Megamur.

We need someone who really knows Vanilla inside out. Which is not me! Volunteers anyone?

Doomhuntress said:

well, i hope it lives up to its reputation, then. i was going to post about how i had more tracks done, but i think this project is full of my stuff as it is. :p if there for some reason is need of more stuff, though, i'm happy to provide.

Noted. Thanks for your work doomhuntress. :)

SFoZ911 said:

My part of the map is about 98% finished in terms of mapping. I just need to do some monster placement and balancing, that's it.

Your map 01 is awesome. I am looking forward to the finished version.

I just need to make some cosmetic touches to my map and start testing the gameplay. Also can anyone PM the updated texture pack? My version is not working for some odd reason and I really want to finish my map as it already close to be done anyway.

People should be up to date again, let us know if anyone still needs the newest texture pack.

I'm planning on rewriting the opening post to reflect the project's growth and advancement, just need time to do it.

Eris is doing a great job getting this project on track in my perpetual absence btw :p

Ragnor said:

People should be up to date again, let us know if anyone still needs the newest texture pack.

It would help if you stated which version number is the newest.

Current version of the texture pack is 21.
I have received a new internal version and testing of current maps is in progress. NOW we're rolling.

I just finished 17. What have I let myself in for :P

Eris Falling said:

KiiiYiiiKiiiA sent me v20 on February 5th, I don't have v21.

scifista42 said:

It would help if you stated which version number is the newest.

Sorry about that, my involvement with TNTR is more distant than I'd like so I hardly remember what versions we are at. On the other hand, real world experience with Re-Logic and game development is indirectly helping this project when I have time to contribute :o

Eris can pretty much be assumed the project's No.2 for the forseeable future.

Bumping this following an overhaul to the OP. It contains screenshots!!
If you're making a map that's marked in the map list as missing, an update on how things are going (if they're going at all) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, seems we have a fifth musician. Eradrop's map comes with a midi made by him, and its pretty TNT styled. Not sure of it's title or if its a WIP, but its good enough to go in the wad :)

Eris Falling said:

I have received a new internal version and testing of current maps is in progress. NOW we're rolling.

I just finished 17. What have I let myself in for :P

The latest version I have is version 18 so I am even further behind the times :P

Bucket said:

MAP25's track is called TaraNTulas.

Eris and I figured it would be that one, haha. It's a great track.

sincity2100 said:

Can I take the map24 slot?

If you'd like, sure. Our map slots are actually in a state of flux, as maps are going to be re-ordered and reserves swapped in and out to make game flow smoother, so no guarantees it'll be slot 24. Its best at this point to make an Episode map, ie Io techbase with hell remnants, dark creepy abandoned techbase, or industrialised Hell.

[i]
Ragnor said

If you'd like, sure. Our map slots are actually in a state of flux, as maps are going to be re-ordered and reserves swapped in and out to make game flow smoother, so no guarantees it'll be slot 24. Its best at this point to make an Episode map, ie Io techbase with hell remnants, dark creepy abandoned techbase, or industrialised Hell. [/B]

I think I'll make it a dark creepy abandoned techbase

I've been experimenting with texturing lately and my map looks completely different now. I've also changed some parts in my map, not actually adding new areas but playing around with height variations and making things for better gameplay. The thing is my map looks almost completely different than what I've sent to Kyka and I'm not so sure you guys are gonna like it so I need your opinion on that issue. As soon as I finish testing the vanilla-compt of it, I'll send you guys a copy. I just wanted to let you guys know.

sincity2100 said:

I think I'll make it a dark creepy abandoned techbase

Welcome aboard sincity2100. I am intrigued.

SFoZ911 said:

I've been experimenting with texturing lately and my map looks completely different now. I've also changed some parts in my map, not actually adding new areas but playing around with height variations and making things for better gameplay. The thing is my map looks almost completely different than what I've sent to Kyka and I'm not so sure you guys are gonna like it so I need your opinion on that issue. As soon as I finish testing the vanilla-compt of it, I'll send you guys a copy. I just wanted to let you guys know.

Equally intrigued. I am sure it will be really interesting, as your map has a really strong sense of design and layout. I look forward to seeing the updated version. :)

mrthejoshmon said:

Ah, I see Decay is possibly going to make it into E2.

This brings joy to my heart, glad to have made the team :)

Its a bit more likely to go E1 actually.

Eris is going nuts testing shit recently, making notes on map length, placement, feel, flow, etc, and what midis work with what maps.

Well, you say nuts, but I've only covered Sting Theory and Spider Colony so far :P But in particular, map length is something I'm going to be keeping a close eye on, since of all the aspects of quality control I have to make up for, that's probably the biggest one ;)

sincity2100 said:

Here's my progress on my map that I called :"Reddish Vile"

I hope you'll fit within vanilla limits with this. Looks good.

I finished my map. Right now it only has enemies for UV but now I need to start testing it in vanilla and try to break the hell out it to see what I need to change/modify. It got a little bit bigger than I originally wanted but some of the areas are actually optional. It is also speedrun-friendly as some encounters can be skipped.

I won't post any screenshots because I almost can't find any areas without sky/outside.