Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

10 Years and 6 Months

Russell Pearson, mapper of such nifty maps as Null Space and Doom Raider (both included in DW's Top 100 in our 10 Years of Doom special) has informed me he's released a new map, Decade, which you can grab at his page. The map is a tribute to the Doom IWADs and requires ZDoom. Expect a review of it in T/nC this week as well. Enjoy!

The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup.

*EDIT* works now after emailing isp :)

It's a great map, quite a decent challenge on UV. About 760 monsters or so, most of them are imps and former humans though, so most of it can be done with the shotgun and chaingun. Downside, the theme is pretty decent throughout, but sometimes areas don't fit in, the end area stands out in my mind. Of course this does fit along with the theme of remaking a bunch of doom levels into one level. That and the fact that I could not for the life of me find the last two enemies.
Still, get it!

GodDAMN that was good. Tons of enemies, challening but passable traps, and nice architecture to the tune of classic DOOM. Awesome stuff!

Szymanski said:

The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_TIMEOUT] A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup

Hmmm, don't know what thats about. Sorry if you've had problems obtaining this map. Hopefully this was a temporary glitch.

Also, maybe I should be more patient when it comes to waiting for news to get posted on DW, because we now have two threads concerning this map. Bad me!

Great, absolutely great :) I re-discovered a lot of original Doom places in this wad and this is really quite fantastic and absoluteley funny :)

Thank you for this, Russel!

Beautiful enemy placement. A blast to play through. Challenging without requiring prior map knowledge.

That map was just amazing!! The detail and delicate use of ZDOOM tricks, just brilliant!

Fantastic map. Enemies are well placed, has a ton of nostalgic areas, and the ZDoom features feel like a part of the map.

Thanks, always one of my favourite wadsters even if you dont make anything like enough new wads. I needed a good excuse to use Zdoom, this is it.