Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

28 minutes ago, Kroc said:

Bug? Apologies if this has been reported/fixed already. 3.2.1, run Scythe via given batch file and go and pick up the gun in the corner opposite where you spawn (I don't know its name, I'm not familiar with DOOM 2016). After firing it once, the ammo drops to 0 and clicking just causes DOOM guy to do the reload animation despite no ammo. If you try this in PrBoom+ the gun simply disappears and you can no longer switch weapons at all!

The Vortex Rifle? It's supposed to take all your bullets, yeah. Make sure to use the -nodeh parameter when combining weapons on PrBoom+, to not screw up the file order. 

I had `-nodeh`, but once you've fired the vortex rifle, you can't switch back to the starting pistol, nor fists. Is this because the vortex rifle effectively replaces those? Seems a bit unusual, but if this is intended behaviour then that's okay

So, I uploaded my stuff to Doomshack thinking that would be the best all round solution but user error  seems to have got the better of me!  I could upload fine but couldn't  see where the link was for sharing.  I looked in the Latest Files section but it wasn't there.  I guess it takes a while?  Anyway, long story, short:  I realised the file size was really wee anyway so can just directly share here!  All's well that ends well. :)

PD4W.7z

I took the music out but have supplied it as a separate WAD and I've included my favoured selection from the Raven MIDI pack as that's what I tend to play with.  If you're interested, I'd really recommend Base Ganymede with the Raven pack and my "PD4W" and play with Woof! to enjoy the brightmapped goodness. :)

14 minutes ago, Kroc said:

I had `-nodeh`, but once you've fired the vortex rifle, you can't switch back to the starting pistol, nor fists. Is this because the vortex rifle effectively replaces those? Seems a bit unusual, but if this is intended behaviour then that's okay

Probably because you don't have another weapon. The Vortex Rifle uses bullet amunition, which is shared with the pistol. Without bullets, you can't use the pistol as well. The Vortex also replaces the Chainsaw, which is why you can't change it to the fists (that's the correct vanilla behavior), however you can still punch your enemies even with the Vortex on (that animation you previously noted before). I did that exactly so you can't get defenseless, but by taking extra ammo you will be able to change your weapons again

Edited by Noiser

21 hours ago, Kroc said:

Bug? Apologies if this has been reported/fixed already. 3.2.1, run Scythe via given batch file and go and pick up the gun in the corner opposite where you spawn (I don't know its name, I'm not familiar with DOOM 2016). After firing it once, the ammo drops to 0 and clicking just causes DOOM guy to do the reload animation despite no ammo. If you try this in PrBoom+ the gun simply disappears and you can no longer switch weapons at all!

DOOM guy and his invisible shells

Look ma, no gun!

It's meant to use up all of your bullet ammo, since it's designed to be stronger the more bullets you have. Like a fire one shot with high accuracy to take out anything really tough, or long lines of enemies. (whoops missed the replies above)

This mod is great but I'm having a problem loading the extra weapons in Crispy DOOM. I'm trying to use ZDL like the text file said to use but I can't get it to load the extra weapons. Is there a certain mod order that I have to keep in mind? Do I use the extra command line argument section of ZDL? I'm stumped here. 😓

Edited by Greenfang95 : Deleted some stuff not needed

My apologies for the necropost, but I had to ask: iirc didn’t the dev say here they were later going to make a “monsters only” add on to play w/ other weapon mods? How’s that coming along if you don’t mind me asking?

No problem. I would like to give more priority to this, but other doom projects + irl just keep me from it. I realize now that I shouldn't have done many promises, because the free time I have is very unstable so I have to choose wisely where to put my work. 

I'm more into mapping lately, btw :-)

12 hours ago, Noiser said:

No problem. I would like to give more priority to this, but other doom projects + irl just keep me from it. I realize now that I shouldn't have done many promises, because the free time I have is very unstable so I have to choose wisely where to put my work. 

I'm more into mapping lately, btw :-)

Understandable, you’ve put in some good work already for D4V. 

This looks good man, doom2016 in doom1993, that is nothing new BUT i´ve never seen it in vanilla, this is perfect

This is part bug report, part hilarious annecdote, part warning to anyone running this: MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND USE THE SUGGESTED PORTS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE THE ALTERNATE WEAPONS.

I was playing through Doom 2 with D4V and most of the alternate weapons on DSDA-Doom. The only one I didn't load was the vortex rifle since I pretty quickly realized it would work for one shot and then get stuck in its lower state, and that's a-okay. I don't really understand what happened when I got to Tricks and Traps, but when the cyberdemon in the baron room was about to shoot at me, DSDA-Doom crashed - and it wasn't crash to desktop either, it froze up and went into a blue screen of death that had me freak out for a second. The error printed said something about no OS being found on disk and this is a new computer, so it was safe to say that cyberdemon got me by the neck there.

After another BSOD and reboot, things went back to normal. The scare was enough to make me stop messing with the alternate weapons and honestly I'm a bit unsure if I want to use DSDA-Doom to play it. :P

Anyway, this mod was fantastic then and it's fantastic now. Just make sure you read the instructions again!