Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

1 hour ago, Captain Toenail said:

btw Nightmare, ZDaemon really does not like some of your new textures. It has a bug where it doesn't like textures that are not certain dimensions (I think they have to be 32, 64, 128 etc.) I found you can fix this by making the textures wider in the TEXTURES lump (I had to do this for some I added e.g. the 56x48 window frame texture.

The PANCLOK1 texture is already 64 wide, so I'm not sure what the problem is with that one - maybe ZDaemon doesn't like the height of 116?

11 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

The flat RROCK29 is also missing in this version.

I copied my maps into Nightmare's version specifically to avoid this... looks like it was never present to begin with?

6 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

maybe ZDaemon doesn't like the height of 116?

Could be. It's probably some old ZDoom bug that was never fixed in ZDaemon.

Coop-20200822-180403.png?width=960&height=540

This error is being displayed whenever the boss is attacked by the player:

"ERROR: you cannot use weapon codepointers on actors!"

FRAME 607 = BFGSound

The monster is trying to play the BFG sound effect when it attacks. Try commenting that line out?

Edit: reserving map30. Need to fix something.

Edited by Captain Toenail

35 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

what you think about this recolor? is too much?

Looks good. Can't wait to check it out in-game and see how it looks with the surrounding environment for full effect.

Edited by Rosh Fragger

1 hour ago, dragon's influence said:

It looks cool! :-)

EDIT: Reserving MAP 01 for implementing difficulties and improving the "hell intrusion" (and maybe adding another one)

Finished editing Map30.

I had to change the sequence because shooting the eye sockets kept glitching out and failing. The skulls seal themselves after a while, the Revenants inside get crushed, then Baphomet is revealed and his platform is lowered.

I changed BFGSOUND to CHASE to stop those warning messages popping up (I wasn't getting any in PRBoomPlus anyway?). I wanted to modify Baphomet's code to give him a fireball attack in addition to spawning lost souls but I couldn't get it to work. He sometimes gets distracted by other monsters and has no way to hurt them, so he gets stuck in an attack loop.

Also mixed a new OOF sound from the existing one and boots landing sound effect.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xwrgp0zz69jk8qa/NEGATIVEONE_v3.65.wad.7z/file

50 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

what you think about this recolor?

Wow that looks great. The Afrit has some orange Baronballs that will match.

My new Baron sprites are done! I worked hard on these and would love some feedback, the death animation is a bit rough but apart from that i'm really proud of it!

(also for the dragon, freedoom's rev balls could make a great projectile)

please make sure to merge these sprites into the main version next edit.

NEW BARON FOR -1.zip

1 hour ago, dragon's influence said:

demonic_dergboi.png.9cd4c778d0b24edcaa5e975652dd50cb.png

There's a bit too much contrast between the orange and grey parts - it almost looks like a firing frame (with its body lit up e.g. as flames come out it's mouth). How about this?

O3GjQt1.png

If you're interested, here's the SLADE colour remap file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yDxB_7cVlUDs5Te20qFmbA51fnoa1akm/view?usp=sharing (to be applied AFTER converting it from Hexen to the Doom palette).

40 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

My new Baron sprites are done! I worked hard on these and would love some feedback, the death animation is a bit rough but apart from that i'm really proud of it!

(also for the dragon, freedoom's rev balls could make a great projectile)

please make sure to merge these sprites into the main version next edit.

NEW BARON FOR -1.zip

It's legs are still way too short, I'm afraid. If you look at the baron and cyberdemon, in their forward-facing frames the distance from their waist to their feet is generally at least 8 pixels more than the distance from their shoulders to their waste.

With this, the two distances are about the same - in fact the distance from its waist to its feet is one or two pixels LESS in some frames.

Here's a very quick mockup where I've resized the R667 Super Demon to 66% width and 75% height, and then copied over its legs. Even this maybe slightly too short.

6Ib3GZl.png

EDIT: Attempt #2. This time using 75% width and 80% height.

L18m25f.png

Edited by NiGHTMARE

17 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

It's legs are still way too short, I'm afraid. If you look at the baron and cyberdemon, the distance from their waist to their feet is about 8-10 pixels more than the distance from their shoulders to their waste.

With this, the two distances are about the same - in fact the distance from its waist to its feet is one or two pixels LESS in some frames. 

that's a design decision, it's supposed to be top heavy

12 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

There's a bit too much contrast between the orange and grey parts - it almost looks like a firing frame (with its body lit up e.g. as flames come out it's mouth). How about this?

O3GjQt1.png

If you're interested, here's the SLADE colour remap file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yDxB_7cVlUDs5Te20qFmbA51fnoa1akm/view?usp=sharing (to be applied AFTER converting it from Hexen to the Doom palette).

that's useful! thank you so much! ^.=.^ sadly i can't finish him today, but i will try tomorrow!

12 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

that's a design decision, it's supposed to be top heavy

I just think it looks more comical than it does menacing, but if it's intentional I'll leave it at that!

Should we change the face sprites a little? I think it would be a good idea. Maybe make it look like the Doomguy on the cover of PS1 Doom.

image.png.594864cecb49781cf75774446bf49af5.png

god dammit... need to add back in all exit doors and need to fix textures in the mainframe room... aaarh.. map 22 is cursed

8 minutes ago, CBM said:

could you merge it in to v.3.67? we posted within a few minutes of each other :D

maybe also check out maps 22 and 26 and see if I mightve f*cked up somewhere ...LOL

I'll do it.. have to fix that damn map 22 anyway

reserving maps 22 and 26

Just now, CBM said:

I'll do it.. have to fix that damn map 22 anyway

reserving maps 22 and 26

I was just about to merge it, so thanks!

11 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

I was just about to merge it, so thanks!

I had forgot some stuff in map 22 anyway :)

27 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

why is Baphomet in map 22?

he can get a swift kick in his deamonic behind in the next update of map 22

btw is he the one that replaced the mastermind?

12 minutes ago, CBM said:

he can get a swift kick in his deamonic behind in the next update of map 22

btw is he the one that replaced the mastermind?

yup, he is