Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

[On Hold] Doom 32x: Delta

Release is coming soon! Also, do you guys like monster infighting? Well, whether or not you like it, you're getting it.

8 hours ago, Roebloz said:

Release is coming soon! Also, do you guys like monster infighting? Well, whether or not you like it, you're getting it.

How? I know @TheLesha was able to disassemble the game but infighting would mean all monster rotation frames were added.

6 hours ago, Wavy said:

How? I know @TheLesha was able to disassemble the game but infighting would mean all monster rotation frames were added.

The extra sprites are not needed. It's just that it will look weird because the monsters will be facing you but firing elsewhere.

Internally the game keeps track of the actor's angle. Doesn't matter what the sprite shows.

THE FULL RELEASE IS HERE, ALONG WITH THE TRAILER/COMMERCIAL!!!! Time to upload it to RHDN. After many months, it. Is. HERE.

I must say... Well done. Seriously, terrific. I got surprised with sigil's map. Man, this is fucking awesome! I'll have a little video of the last map in a few hours.

Thanks to all of your support! Now, here are a few precisions. 1-E3M5 randomly crashed once for me but was fine after, so beware of that. 2- I do not recommend using the BFG against the Icon of Sin as it may cause a freeze. 3- This isn't the end of Doom 32x Delta, as we still have one episode to revisit, and another to make.

Hello!

So, yes, we finally did it. To be honest, I was really scared to ask anything from anybody when starting this project, but then I understood how great you guys are! Like, I have no words how good this community is.

The release does not mean that this project will be abandoned, I still want to make a few experiments with it.

It seems thar Roebloz has spoiled monster infighting for you :) (It's alright though), but I still want to share the video where I revealed it.

https://youtu.be/RNH-kKQmy1s

Anyways, thank you very much one more time, and see you next time (next post...?)

6 hours ago, Roebloz said:

THE FULL RELEASE IS HERE, ALONG WITH THE TRAILER/COMMERCIAL!!!! Time to upload it to RHDN. After many months, it. Is. HERE.

AWESOME!! Funny you released this today as today is my birthday. =)

I decided to do a tiny let's play of the bonus map instead, I also made (well, I tried to) a new picture. Hope you like it

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

I decided to do a tiny let's play of the bonus map instead, I also made (well, I tried to) a new picture. Hope you like it

I definitely like it! Also, full SIGIL will be ported as part of Doom 32x: Delta - Complete Edition after I revisit Episode 4 (So yes, this thread will still be active, I decided to release Episode 1-3 on RHDN before Episode 4 and 5 so that the RHDN people will be made aware of the hack in the first place.)

So I tried putting the rotational sprites of the Imp in the WAD and it didnt quite work as intended. Beautiful nontheless.

1 hour ago, Roebloz said:

So I tried putting the rotational sprites of the Imp in the WAD and it didnt quite work as intended. Beautiful nontheless.

imp spinn

So! E5M1 has finished being ported and improved upon the Episode 3 version, so E5M2 porting will start today. Also, me and @CacodemonTube are collabing on a special Doom II GBA project so...Be on the lookout.

12 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

So! E5M1 has finished being ported and improved upon the Episode 3 version, so E5M2 porting will start today. Also, me and @CacodemonTube are collabing on a special Doom II GBA project so...Be on the lookout.

What a news! I've known him for quite some time, and am glad to know you both are now collabing.

I dont have any previews of E5M2 since im still trying to remove details to make it boot up, but I did make some interesting discoveries about Voodoo Dolls while messing around. (Thanks @TheLeshafor the player sprite things!)

I, converted the Doom Delta Episode 1 to 32x format, is failing in the second phase; after pressing the shot button, an error appears and a few more letters, what can it be?

1 minute ago, Dauid548 said:

I, converted the Doom Delta Episode 1 to 32x format, is failing in the second phase; after pressing the shot button, an error appears and a few more letters, what can it be?

Okay first of all, get English lessons please. Second of all, which map did this occur in, and which difficulty? Also, which emulator were you playing on?

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

@Roebloz can I upload here the patched ROM? So people can dowload it directly

No that's actually illegal. The system of ROM patches was instated to avoid directly giving the ROM which still has the content originally there that is protected by copyright (Even if D32x Delta is still technically infringing that, because you technically still need to obtain the ROM in a way or another, it's fine)

Because I like doing stupid stuff and that 5 Episodes isn't enough, I will add a "Bonus Parody Episode" that will parody the GBC homebrew port that was released in 2000 and some of the earliest, stupidest and outright bad attempts at FPS games. (It may be released prior to Episode 5, depending on whether or not Episode 5 takes too long)