Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

The 96 kb challenge: final round of Doom!

5 hours ago, The BMFG said:

have not been keeping up with this project. so uhhhh was a going on in here

Most stuff has winded down by now, though there's still some maps that people have to do like me. We might see some submissions near the end of June.

Submitting another map...

Name: Logicians' Rodeo

Mapslot: 1

Theme: Resource starvation

Music ("Pesnya bez slov" by Victor Tsoy): https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0kw8pylzhpf4gj/BEZSLOV.mid?dl=1

Map itself, 82,5 KiB(compressed with wadptr): https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cd63zncymzj38a/logicians_rodeo.wad?dl=1

Screenshot:

Screenshot-Doom-20210617-014613.png

EDIT:

By now we have 13 completed maps so far

Edited by SilverMiner

Looks good, I'm still hoping this can get made into 32 maps and released *fingers crossed*

Map Name : Metal
Map Slot : 01, but can be moved to another one
Theme : MapName as Base
Music : Turrican 2 - Powerslide
Size : 96.0 kb
Format : Boom
Difficulty Settings : Yes,but only on monsters
https://www.dropbox.com/s/but2z2i07km5rsh/96kb_MAP01.wad?dl=0

About the amount of maps, I also think it should stay with 32(or 33) maps, and not cutting it to half of megawad(even if it probably gonna stretch the development)

Edited by D1m3

51 minutes ago, D1m3 said:

About the amount of maps, I also think it should stay with 32(or 33) maps, and not cutting it to half of megawad(even if it probably gonna stretch the development)

Ok, I'll see to move this to a later deadline...

Again? How strange! Downloaded the zip file again for see if it's corrupted... And also moved the deadline to the end of August, i hope it's enough time to reach the 32 maps limit...

Edited by Walter confetti

Walter, I'm stupid. I forgot to put the map in the orignal .zip, so it wasn't even your fault *facepalm*

Anyway here's the final release!

Changes:

Difficulty settings implemented

Changed some ammo

Removed the bleeding sky from the starting area as I don't like it now and it looks funny

ShiftingTombs.zip

Another map.

Size: 95,0 KiB

Name: Chill of Carcasses

Mapslot here: 4 (I dunno why I haven't changed it to 1 but it's nothing bad imo)

Theme: Resource starvation

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg6ufp3dpx8h2uk/SilverMiner - Chill of Carcasses.wad?dl=1

Music: D_BETWEE from Doom 2 fits well but I gonna use this from MM2 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhis6in8sy2zers/mm2ds04.mid?dl=1

Screen shot

Screenshot-Doom-20210625-220521.png

No, there's not, at least in my short play of all the maps send...

Anyway, i was thinking to remake better the @The BMFG spicy map, if he's ok with that. I could make that the map with the exit room...

Anything new made for this project? Anyway, I'm crossposting this at Doomer Boards for seeing if this caught some attention there and see to have 30 maps at least...

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Anything new made for this project? Anyway, I'm crossposting this at Doomer Boards for seeing if this caught some attention there and see to have 30 maps at least...

A full megawad is not always necessary nor always sought after - don't beat yourself up if you don't get as many maps as you would have liked, I think the project has been successful enough to have multiple authors. Of course, it is up to you how long you would like to attract more mappers or to what standard you want the project to be.

19 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I haven't forgotten about this, have just been caught up in the PUSS events. Making a couple maps for this is next on my plate.

Ok, don't worry. Just made a link to this in the other forums so there's more mappers involved and... It's good I guess?

10 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Sign me on for a Free Theme map?

Ok, you've got it!

On 7/10/2021 at 2:34 PM, Walter confetti said:

I'm crossposting this at Doomer Boards for seeing if this caught some attention there

Nice idea

I could come up with some more maps...

Thanks for the map! LOL at the end this will be your megawad with all the maps you posted (that's not a issue!)