• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Metallica get a taste of their own medicine at Blizzcon

Top 5 Morbid Angel people?

-Blessed are the Sick

-Altars of Madness

-Covenant (Lion's Den being probably one of my all time fav death metal songs)

-Formulas Fatal to the Flesh

-Gateways to Annihilation

You guys who don't like Testament - have you heard their album The Gathering? That one rules.

As for Anthrax, they sounded a little fresher on their first two albums Fistful of Metal and Spreading The Disease. The former with Neil Turbin on supreme screeching, and the latter being the first album with Joey Belladonna, and a little less formulaic skate-thrash than its successors.

Morbid Angel are a bit dull, but I really liked Gateways To Annihilation. I'm more of a Nile person myself.

Top five metallica songs would be 1) Battery 2) Orion 3) Fight Fire With Fire 4) Motorbreath 5) Hit The Lights - or thereabouts.

Top five thrash metal - that one's tricky. Maybe 1) Angel Of Death 2) South Of Heaven 3) Beneath The Remains 4) Arise 5) Metal Thrashing Maaaad - but there are just too many great thrash songs released between 84 and 2020 that picking just 5 doesn't justify anything, so my list are just some of the best ones from 84 to 91.

Megadeth sucks, but Peace Sells... was onto something.

Metallica didn't "deserve" to be censored at Blizzcon - they defended their intellectual property by suing Napster. Napster was only used for illegal mp3 sharing. End of story.

Doomworld oddly focused on the Metallica thing more than something like Diablo 2. You retro gamers disappoint me :p

43 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Doomworld oddly focused on the Metallica thing more than something like Diablo 2. You retro gamers disappoint me :p

I dunno, maybe people are very hesitant to care about Activision/Blizzard "updating" a classic game after the debacle that was Warcraft III: Reforged. 

And this thread has really just turned into people talking about metal in general, with a few mentions of Metallica here and there.

I don't blame people for not caring about Activision/Blizzard or Metallica.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:58 PM, AtticTelephone said:

I used to like Metallica, but then I got bored of them. Funny how this happens to them, not much else to say.

I don't really like any of Metallica's post 80's stuff. They became way too mainstream, and every album feels like it's trying to be as radio-friendly as possible.

On 2/25/2021 at 6:26 PM, Devalaous said:

Considering that Doom has a handful of metal songs in the soundtrack, this isn’t actually that surprising to me - heck, even more so with the modern Dooms having much more metal in their soundtracks!

On mardi 23 février 2021 at 3:25 AM, Dubbagdarrel said:

Morbid Angel's mew album Kingdoms Disdained?

Look at the beard on that Icon of Sin! Just how long has it stayed on Earth to grow it to this length?

On 2/25/2021 at 4:26 AM, Devalaous said:

i would be more happy for diablo if modern blizzard didnt exist

i still remenber what happened to blizchung, their fake apology and warcraft 3 reforged 

4 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

i still remenber what happened to blizchung, their fake apology and warcraft 3 reforged 

Yeah actually, after the W3:R fiasco it's a bit hard to care about whatever may be happening with Diablo now.

I dunno, Diablo 2: Resurrected looks like it's going to be pretty amazing. Exact same game, only with better visuals. It seems like they know what they're doing with that one. You're even going to be able to use your original Diablo 2 save files for it.

Edited by [McD]James

2 hours ago, [McD]James said:

I dunno, Diablo 2: Resurrected looks like it's going to be pretty amazing. Exact same game, only with better visuals. It seems like they know what they're doing with that one. You're even going to be able to use your original Diablo 2 save files for it.

Well, yeah, but the same thing happened with W3 as well.

From the teasers and pre-release footage it looked very promising, raising expectations which were ultimately not met as in many ways, Reforged acted more like a downgrade patch, removing detail and making the game look worse, on top of destroying the original game. Granted, W3 setting a nasty precedent could mean Diablo won't suffer the same fate, unless they have already digged up some graves for themselves.

D2R looks promising compared to WC:R due to it being handled by a different dev team which is known for having done remasters of other game that went pretty well.

Even as a fan of the Diablo series, I'm still not pre-ordering it though, just as a safe measure, but i'm still confident that they can pull out something good for D2. 

I'm also not 100% sure of playing it mainly because i've already wasted years of my life on this game and the idea of restarting again is not that attractive to me, maybe on a more casual basis.

2 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

D2R looks promising compared to WC:R due to it being handled by a different dev team which is known for having done remasters of other game that went pretty well.

Even as a fan of the Diablo series, I'm still not pre-ordering it though, just as a safe measure, but i'm still confident that they can pull out something good for D2. 

I'm also not 100% sure of playing it mainly because i've already wasted years of my life on this game and the idea of restarting again is not that attractive to me, maybe on a more casual basis.

You can import your old singleplayer saves into the game apparantly, although ive long since lost mine despite trying to keep them backed up. Oh well, the game is fun enough.

And yeah, the remaster actually looks like they learned from the various disasters they did previously. Its unfortunate that Reforged will likely be abandoned and the old WC3 unrestored, but the other stuff of theirs, they seem to have gotten a big humbling slap and are putting more effort into Diablo 2, as well as putting good effort inot that arcade collection of their earlier stuff. The only things I'd ask for from Blizzard from now on,  would be a modern update to Warcraft 1 and 2, either in the vein of Starcraft Remastered or C&C Remastered, and a modern update/remaster to Diablo 1.