Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
continuum.mid

[Released] Ultimate MIDI Pack - A community music replacement for the original Doom

2 hours ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Some of the notes are layered/duplicated.  For example, there are notes on channel 2 of "track 3 boss.mid" that overlap in both pitch and duration.  This has the effect of causing the volume of the channel to go up and down (duplicated notes increase the volume of the channel), at least in the sequencer I use.

I really appreciate the critism , my friends that I've shown only tell me its good and nothing else, all the feedback can help me become a better composer and learn more.  

4 hours ago, McJerb said:

I really appreciate the critism , my friends that I've shown only tell me its good and nothing else, all the feedback can help me become a better composer and learn more.  

I have that same problem, but even people on the Internet seem to only either praise or ignore my music. I'm hoping that the more widespread attention and scrutiny this project gets will help everyone involved to improve.

I think E2M9's midi needs to be replaced as it is a basic secret level that has no real importance but keep E3M1 untitled.

4 minutes ago, pcorf said:

I think E2M9's midi needs to be replaced as it is a basic secret level that has no real importance but keep E3M1 untitled.

The plan is a full replacement, but I will probably put together a WAD containing a subset of the tracks if someone wants only the duplicates to be replaced. Things like E2M9/E3M1 are why I'm letting musicians claim any of the slots that don't have unique tracks, as opposed to just the second and third instances of each track.

very interesting to see where this goes! while i compose, I unfortunately don't have much experience creating midis.

I'd like to take E1M6 if that is cool. I will try and get to it as soon as I can.

Just now, Bloo said:

I'd like to take E1M6 if that is cool. I will try and get to it as soon as I can.

It's yours! Send me something in two weeks or less.

This looks awesome!!!  I have high expectations for this project, since DOOM has my favorite song from the games in it: E1M3 - Dark Halls, but I have faith that this OST will turn out awesome!

I might be able to contribute something, but since my spare time is limited, I will likely start to work on a future phase and have it ready by then (Something like E1M3 - Dark Halls), since I have a good idea for it.

32 minutes ago, TelamonLivesOn said:

I might be able to contribute something, but since my spare time is limited, I will likely start to work on a future phase and have it ready by then (Something like E1M3 - Dark Halls), since I have a good idea for it.

Like I told Peter - you're free to work on something, but you do run the risk of having someone else claim that spot before you when it opens, in which case it's likely to end up as an unused track.

22 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Like I told Peter - you're free to work on something, but you do run the risk of having someone else claim that spot before you when it opens, in which case it's likely to end up as an unused track.

If that happens, then that's ok.  This project is for fun anyways :)

On 3/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, northivanastan said:

Milestone 1 <snip> first three episodes

I think [The] Ultimate Doom ought to be replaced with registered Doom in this paragraph.

This is just, like, an admittedly pedantic suggestion, of course.

4 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

I think [The] Ultimate Doom ought to be replaced with registered Doom in this paragraph.

This is just, like, an admittedly pedantic suggestion, of course.

Sure, I'll go with that.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, northivanastan said:

cool, I'm gonna start work on it today.

4 minutes ago, Bloo said:

cool, I'm gonna start work on it today.

No need to worry about someone else sniping E1M6, it was open when you claimed it, and is already reserved for you. (Did you quote the wrong post?)

Very much looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

14 hours ago, northivanastan said:

No need to worry about someone else sniping E1M6, it was open when you claimed it, and is already reserved for you. (Did you quote the wrong post?)

I think I did xD 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:28 AM, northivanastan said:

On 4/6/2021 at 9:18 AM, northivanastan said:

It's yours! Send me something in two weeks or less.

This is what I meant to quote, oof

Edited by Bloo : to get rid of one of the quotes that didn't belong

Reopening E2M3 after two weeks. @Doomkid you may reclaim the slot if you like, though if someone else wants to try it, they can as well.

I'm thinking that the two week deadline may be a little strict though. The idea is to avoid being held up by artists who are inactive for too long, but not to restrict creativity with a time limit. Maybe a month would be better? Would love to hear some opinions on this.

I think allowing 2 weeks to show a track (either complete or WIP) and then another 2 weeks (or more if needed) if the track is WIP is fine.

Since this seems to be going slowly, I would like to claim D_INTER (Intermission).

31 minutes ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Since this seems to be going slowly, I would like to claim D_INTER (Intermission). 

Perfect, the slot is yours!

I might start working on some new tracks for this in the near future, as well.

I just wanted to ask: even though this project is meant for the Ultimate Doom, do you think that it could also work with Megawads such as NEIS, for example, kind of like .MID the Way id Did and D2TWID?

6 minutes ago, Adamast0r said:

I just wanted to ask: even though this project is meant for the Ultimate Doom, do you think that it could also work with Megawads such as NEIS, for example, kind of like .MID the Way id Did and D2TWID?

If they reuse vanilla MIDIs in a similar fashion to how D2TWID does (that is, very little custom music) then in theory yes. 

26 minutes ago, Adamast0r said:

Yeah, it’ll work exactly the same - just load them up together and it’ll replace the music.

If I can claim another one, I'd like to do E1M7 Computer Station next.

18 minutes ago, Bloo said:

If I can claim another one, I'd like to do E1M7 Computer Station next.

Sure, there is a limit of three claims per person but I'm very likely to raise it.

5 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Sure, there is a limit of three claims per person but I'm very likely to raise it.

cool I will get started after work tonight (I work overnights). I'm off for the next couple nights after so I will have plenty of time to get started on it.