Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

2 hours ago, Pechudin said:

@Matthias, I found an unhoused map. It uses only 'nilla resources (Doom 2) - is that good or should I retexture it?

Could be and you can keep the Doom 2 if the esthetics of the map simply work :)

Anyway, I still need a texture A-DROCK1 for the map 11 because it's missing in the pack for some reason. Could you send me this one?:)

Thanks!

On 10/3/2023 at 4:13 PM, pcorf said:

Thanks for your notes, luckily I fixed everything in MAP09. Since the raise floor by 24 is only SR I needed to make a few changes to the way you obtain yellow key, so now only one switch (linedef 1706) is used to raise the top step instead of 3 switches raising it by 24 units (S1 Boom) each (plus if your SR (vanilla) it too much it will raise too high). Megasphere secret is fixed and works fine. A few minor cosmetic changes have been made too.

Also the yellow key area, the bloodbath is now blocked to all monsters so the Cacodemons do not fly through the bars. The dummy sectors at the bars have all been removed becaue with the Boom feature disabled it would look like a jokewad = awful.

Now with MAP21, Cyberdemon teleport is a normal W1 monster only teleport and the translucent firewall near the exit has been removed. A few other minor changes have been made to remove the Boom features. There weren't that many in this map. Sector 448 now changed to F_SKY1.

So here are the updated maps and hopefully they are all good. They are attached here as a .zip file.

Now I can gradually work on MAP31, it will be a bang up job of a map, short, rather linear, but good looking and challenging. Expect it in November or December.

DOWNLOAD 09-21b.zip

I am a lil busy this week so I didn't have time to check out the maps, but if you managed to fix it, then wow... you're totally great!

13 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Could be and you can keep the Doom 2 if the esthetics of the map simply work :)

Anyway, I still need a texture A-DROCK1 for the map 11 because it's missing in the pack for some reason. Could you send me this one?:)

Thanks!

How do I send you a texture?

2 minutes ago, Pechudin said:

How do I send you a texture?

Thyccyuoshi sent me a texture simply here, he uploaded a PNG file :)

27 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Thyccyuoshi sent me a texture simply here, he uploaded a PNG file :)

I can't find it?? Anyhow, I replaced all the textures with a similar one that does exist in the ct_v9.4.wad (checked in SLADE).

EDIT: Tomorrow I'll send you the new map with replaced texture and also that one thing I mentioned fixed.

EDIT2: As fas as the new map is concerned, I'll send you the map but I may retexture it since plain DooM 2 is kinda boring.

Edited by Pechudin

On 9/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, Kain D. said:

What about Map 7?

Just regarding to the map 7.

I checked again and I can't replicate it again, so not sure :)

You asked me "you mean that secret" and I incorrecly replied "yes" and I should have replied "no, I mean that room behind the yellow door"

In this room, you have a blue key and there are two lines there. One closes door behind you and the second opens the door on the left.

What happened to me in Crispy was that the WHOLE ROOM closes as door, almost squished me, but I run away and then I've seen HOM.

Not sure how it happend, bececause as I said.. I can't replicate now. Maybe someone will come across it while testing in the future :)

15 hours ago, Matthias said:

I am a lil busy this week so I didn't have time to check out the maps, but if you managed to fix it, then wow... you're totally great!

Pretty sure I have. Wasn't as hard as I thought but I needed to make a few major changes to MAP09.

Isn't @Dusty_Rhodes managing this project anymore?

Just now, pcorf said:

Pretty sure I have. Wasn't as hard as I thought but I needed to make a few major changes to MAP09.

Isn't @Dusty_Rhodes managing this project anymore?

He's busy in his personal life and not much time remains for Doom.

So I have decided to help him with the project and put it together. :)

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

Same with me. Pretty busy in my personal life too so I have less time for mapping. I'll eventually get my next map together slowly but surely.

22 hours ago, Matthias said:

I checked again and I can't replicate it again, so not sure :)

You asked me "you mean that secret" and I incorrecly replied "yes" and I should have replied "no, I mean that room behind the yellow door"

In this room, you have a blue key and there are two lines there. One closes door behind you and the second opens the door on the left.

What happened to me in Crispy was that the WHOLE ROOM closes as door, almost squished me, but I run away and then I've seen HOM.

Not sure how it happend, bececause as I said.. I can't replicate now. Maybe someone will come across it while testing in the future :)

I think I know what have happened there. Probably you've picked up blue key and immediately you've run towards yellow door. The sector(with tag 900) that closes near yellow door is untextured from the back, causing HOM.

IMO this can be ignored, it is uneasy to trigger and the map is still possible to complete, if blue key is picked up.

22 hours ago, Matthias said:

According to your earlier post, he has 2 or 3 map slots. Is he gonna do it?

Dusty has also Map 30,  a map slot where it isn't possible to put any random map in there. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Kain D. said:

I think I know what have happened there. Probably you've picked up blue key and immediately you've run towards yellow door. The sector(with tag 900) that closes near yellow door is untextured from the back, causing HOM.

IMO this can be ignored, it is uneasy to trigger and the map is still possible to complete, if blue key is picked up.

Right... I added the texture there anyway :)

According to your earlier post, he has 2 or 3 map slots. Is he gonna do it?

Dusty has also Map 30,  a map slot where it isn't possible to put any random map in there. Just saying.

We talked about it on Discord and he promised them :)

Some screenshots from my in progress MAP31.

It is Incendio Crucio style (although Doom 2) and I plan to add a starbase section to the map for the final area.

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221431.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221442.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221449.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221512.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221535.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221546.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231124_221716.png

Edited by pcorf : 2 more screenshots.

Update to my MAP31. It is about 90% complete and has been progressing well in recent weeks despite my limited time at the editor, summer holidays in Australia, family events, music projects, etc. I am expecting the finished version around March or April (it depends on other factors in life) because of it's decent size it takes time to get the gameplay right, design ambushes, secrets and so and so. Like most of my maps it is very linear. The map is limited removing and only uses Doom 2 line actions and sector effects, no Boom whatsoever and also uses a lot of the textures from the custom resource mixed with stock textures. There will be a secret exit which requires some puzzle solving to open the doors behind the starting area which will reveal a switch to open the bars in another area in order to access the secret exit. 

I hope the rest of the project is progressing well and I am willing to contribute a 4th map to any slot that has been inactive or unheard from.

That Gene Bird tribute map is awesome.

8 hours ago, pcorf said:

There will be a secret exit which requires some puzzle solving to open the doors behind the starting area which will reveal a switch to open the bars in another area in order to access the secret exit.

Since I have Map 32, I hope it won't be too difficult to get to the secret exit.

IMO, it would be cool, if the secret exit in Map 31 had blood(or redwall) textures. It would create some sort of continuity between maps 31, 32 and 16. Just saying, you'll do what you want.

43 minutes ago, Kain D. said:

Since I have Map 32, I hope it won't be too difficult to get to the secret exit.

IMO, it would be cool, if the secret exit in Map 31 had blood(or redwall) textures. It would create some sort of continuity between maps 31, 32 and 16. Just saying, you'll do what you want.

The MAP31 secret exit is similar to MAP32, you enter a dark area with a staircase with hand rails, blood floors and complete darkness surrounding you. The exit is at the bottom of the staircase.

MAP31 is almost complete, undergoing testing, but we may have a problem. So I will not be submitting it just yet (gives me more time to test and get it perfect)

@Dusty_Rhodes has been inactive since January 18, hopefully not the next @scifista42 who just disappeared in the blink of an eye. I'll give him/her till the end of the month and then I might consider taking over this project, fix issues, complete it myself and (possibly) tune up some of the submitted maps. Or just start a new thread and open up the empty slots. We'll certainly get this thing going again one way or another.

58 minutes ago, pcorf said:

MAP31 is almost complete, undergoing testing, but we may have a problem. So I will not be submitting it just yet (gives me more time to test and get it perfect)

@Dusty_Rhodes has been inactive since January 18, hopefully not the next @scifista42 who just disappeared in the blink of an eye. I'll give him/her till the end of the month and then I might consider taking over this project, fix issues, complete it myself and (possibly) tune up some of the submitted maps. Or just start a new thread and open up the empty slots. We'll certainly get this thing going again one way or another.

Wasn't Matthias trying to organise parts at some point?

Either way, what's the crack with MAP07 and MAP27? No word of a lie, they feel far too low effort and Community Trunk deserves better for sure.

15 minutes ago, RichardDS90 said:

Wasn't Matthias trying to organise parts at some point?

Either way, what's the crack with MAP07 and MAP27? No word of a lie, they feel far too low effort and Community Trunk deserves better for sure.

Yep, MAP07 MAP27 will probably need a tune up, same with a few other maps (MAP01, MAP14). Tune up is to improve it architecturally. I'll decide at the end of the month if I will take over the project. I'll probably turn it into a Pcorf Community Project style, make a limit removing map with the supplied resource wad, do whatever you want and I'll arrange it into the project. I may also rearrange the maps so you have more difficulty spikes per episode, MAP01 less monsters, MAP11 more monsters (or more Cyberdemons). We can also have an overflow episode. I don't have as much time these days but that does not mean I'll disappear just yet.

1 hour ago, pcorf said:

I'm pretty sure Dusty already handed off the project to @Matthias, just saw a message he sent me a couple weeks ago asking about progress on MAP13. I've been super busy and put it on the back burner, so there's been no progress since my last post. I should have some time to work on it over this month, but can't promise to have anything done before March at the earliest. If you guys are looking to get this wrapped up soon I'm OK with dropping the slot to someone else.

1 hour ago, Dr. Zin said:

I'm pretty sure Dusty already handed off the project to @Matthias, just saw a message he sent me a couple weeks ago asking about progress on MAP13. I've been super busy and put it on the back burner, so there's been no progress since my last post. I should have some time to work on it over this month, but can't promise to have anything done before March at the earliest. If you guys are looking to get this wrapped up soon I'm OK with dropping the slot to someone else.

All is good, take your time with your map.

@Dusty_Rhodes and @Matthias are more active on Discord than here (the server dedicated to this project included).  Matthias relays project updates from the Discord server to here most of the time, but will also occasionally come here to see how things are going.

There's a Discord server for this project?

EDIT: Shit, right there in the first post.

Edited by Dr. Zin

@MatthiasMAP31: Here she is!

The map is named Griefmeister.

A wrecked dungeon on Hell's edge surrounded by caves. You must pass a heavily guarded research base in order to escape. The map also contains the secret exit to MAP32 which is not too hard to find.

MAP17 for me next.

trunk31.zip

A new version is here:

https://liquiddoom.net/upload/files/CT_v9.7.1.zip

CT_v9.7.1
- Map31 added.
- Map 31's name changed to "Griefmeister"
- Music for map31 added.
- Duplicit Player 3 start in Map01 fixed.
- Player 2, 3 and 4 (coop) added for map03, map10, map11, map15, map18, map20, map23, map24, map27 and map33.
- Deathmatch player starts added to map03, map 10, map11, map12, map14, map15, map18, map20, map23, map24, map25, map26, map27, map32, map33 and map34 (they are probably pointless tho, lmao)
- I added some vines into map10 and map18 because I saw them in map31 and I like it.