Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate TNT from memory! (Community Project)(Closed)

6 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I'm a little bit over halfway done with Ballistyx. I just need to get the last couple areas done. The exit will also be very reminiscent of Alien Vendetta's MAP10 Toxic Touch.

If you need a name for the map call it Ball of sticks 

2 hours ago, Lord_Future said:

If you need a name for the map call it Ball of sticks 

It's actually gonna be called Volcanic Touch, which is actually a nod to Alien Vendetta's MAP10 which it takes partial inspiration from.

1 hour ago, RileyXY1 said:

It's actually gonna be called Volcanic Touch, which is actually a nod to Alien Vendetta's MAP10 which it takes partial inspiration from.

Ooo nice idea, can't wait to play the wad in its entirety, or to see Decino play it

Map 12 is done. I didn't like doing this map to much but im glad I got to be apart of the project :D
I looked at the base TNT map once because I didn't remember it at all. 

Here is the Map in question:RMEMBRTNT12.rar  

Edit: I forgot to mention that UDB kept crashing when i tried to make the dual baron room, so I copied the stairs from the IWAD, other than that minor annoyance its all original.

40 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

@Lord_Future

you might have to check this

YbeDI3f.png

EDIT: NVM, I just didn't load TNT as IWAD

Lol, had me nervous. I didn't center the level around pistol starting so it might be a little unbalanced, however will it blend nicely with the "from memory" aspect?

34 minutes ago, Lord_Future said:

I didn't center the level around pistol starting

i mean it should be balanced like the OG level, well if you remember
otherwise it should be fine

Hey. You want text for MAP31? You've got it:

Spoiler

What place is this? Looks like the

Pharaoh's condo and everybody 

wants to put you in a sarcophagus!

You better don't leave them doing

that.

I'm still working on Map 32,  Haven't had as much free time to work on it that I was expecting I would over the last week, The next few nights I'm really going to go to work on it and get the rest of it done, I'm about 50%ish done at the moment. Has anyone done the text exiting Map31 into Map 32? Just wondering

23 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

SOUNDTRACK DONE

"Between Map 23 and 25"! Drums are nowhere near accurate and the song's somehow missing a full minute! And yet, I feel like nothing's missing!

between23and25.rar

Sounds pretty good to me, except for the drums being like 5x louder than everything else. Could be my music player or crappy laptop speakers' fault.

The layout of Volcanic Touch is complete. All I need to do is add things to the map and test it on the "Ultra Violence" skill level.

7 hours ago, aRottenKomquat said:

Sounds pretty good to me, except for the drums being like 5x louder than everything else. Could be my music player or crappy laptop speakers' fault.

I might have also forgotten to change the drums volume too, I'm used to put them loud in most songs I make but then I forgot Between Levels is literally just drums and a bassline!

Okay, map29 - Descent to Underworld is done. I didn´t bother memorizing the layout of the blocky marble temple maze since it´s pretty much a copy/paste design but I improvized in the same fashion. As usual basic difficulty and coop/DM settings are included. 

Spoiler

map29.png

MAP29.zip

Edited by Kloki38 : Grammar

It's getting there. Hopefully will have it done by the end of the week

Spoiler

unknown.png

edit: Nearly finished with the main building now, so all that's really left is uh

Spoiler

unknown.png

yeah, just gonna finish it over the weekend lol

Edited by SMG_Man : more progress

Finished my recollection of MAP21. Difficulty settings and coop are implemented, no deathmatch starts.

edit: Did a run without secrets and adjusted the difficulty of a few things as a result (mainly the yellow key area and a few co-op encounters)

bitcoin_mining_center_revised.zip

Compare and contrast (original on the left, mine on the right):

Spoiler

Starting area:

21_comp_1.png

Central pit:

21_comp_2.png

Underground area accessed with the red key:

21_comp_3.png

Yellow key room:

21_comp_4.png

Blue key room:

21_comp_5.png

Final section of the map:
21_comp_6.png

Enemy counts seem fairly similar on UV, but I ended up with an extra secret somewhere. If it seems like there's not much health, trust me; that's what the original feels like as well lol. I'm not sure if it's reasonable or even possible to UV-MAX this level as it is, but it's certainly winnable with 80-90% of kills on UV. Maybe through clever use of some monster infighting near the end.

Edited by SMG_Man : balancing changes

Looks like I joined the forums just in time - I've been hoping to join the Plutonia project as a composer if you end up doing that one too.

This is looking really cool and I hope you all have memories of TNT being more exciting than it actually was! :P

Edit: come to think of it, you know when in DOOM 2 you had alternate copies of MIDIs that were used more than once in the game? You're not... doing that this time as well are you? If you are, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at doing an additional version of Into The Beast's Belly since it's used in the game like what, four times? I also realize it's past the deadline so if you give me a hard "no" I won't take offence, and if you give me a conditional "yes" if I can get it done in like, a day or something, I'll give it my best shot.

Edited by ReloadPsi

just finished my TNT Tuesdays playthrough. The BOSSBACK is fresh in my mind and I notice it hadn't been done yet so....

It'd be cool if someone actually still tries to draw one (with some cool artistic licence). If they do then of course use that instead.

I just made this by setting up the scene in doombuilder, taking a screenshot, and using paintdotnet to recolour the sky/icon eyes. at least there's something to use now if you want to wrap the project up.

I've included two versions. One with text and one with no text (just a thought). I leave it up to you. In fact use the text free version to add whatever text you might want (if you want).

BOSSBACK_TNTfrommemory.png

BOSSBACK_TNTfrommemory_text.png

Currently working on Doomguy's Legs are Being Digested, aka that unsolicited additional copy of Into the Beast's Belly. It's less than a minute long so it should only take me the rest of the day, although the percussion usually takes me the longest with these things as I'm not the best at composing for it.

I'm seeing now why so much deviance occurs with these projects: once you work on your own version of something, it starts replacing the original in your mind, and you scramble to fill in the blanks with what you think will make it sound or appear correct. The mistakes begin accumulate and soon they're out of control until they create something new.

It feels awesome :P

Anyway, here it is: Doomguy's Legs are Being Digested. I took Engired liking both my posts as tentative permission to drop this and to be fair I had fun putting it together. It's the only song in TNT that plays in more than two maps so I figured it wouldn't upset anybody.

Tested in GZDoom and Crispy Doom. Seems to play properly in GZDoom, whereas in Crispy Doom it omits a lot of percussion and does weird stuff to the mix, which is beautifully appropriate because when I played TNT on Collector's Edition and it was packed in with DOOM95, that behaved much the same way so I'm strangely okay with that.

D_DIGEST.7z

On 9/24/2022 at 11:35 AM, ReloadPsi said:

Anyway, here it is: Doomguy's Legs are Being Digested. I took Engired liking both my posts as tentative permission to drop this and to be fair I had fun putting it together. It's the only song in TNT that plays in more than two maps so I figured it wouldn't upset anybody.

Tested in GZDoom and Crispy Doom. Seems to play properly in GZDoom, whereas in Crispy Doom it omits a lot of percussion and does weird stuff to the mix, which is beautifully appropriate because when I played TNT on Collector's Edition and it was packed in with DOOM95, that behaved much the same way so I'm strangely okay with that.

D_DIGEST.7z

It's fine in Crispy if you don't use OPL, so I'd say that tracks.