Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathWolf1982

The worst movie you seen

Gotta be Starship Troopers 3 for me. I love the first film, it's cheesy but great, the second was one of the worst SF movies ever and I should of learned. The third is off the scale though and no idea where all the Christian ideology had be included, unless they got funding from the church cause Hollywood weren't paying. Oh and  I sometimes love movies that are so bad their good, but this was just plain awful.

@Wyrmwood I think the worst thing about Starship Troopers 2 is that it is incredibly mediocre: it is never bad enough to be funny nor good enough to be enjoyable. While Starship Troopers 3 is definitely a lackluster sequel, it has at least some good bits, such as this scene:

Scary movie 5 sucked! it had nothing with the previous 4 films, The acting sucks some of the spoofs of non-horror movies suck like the planet of the apes parody and others. so bad it killed it's franchise.

Rise of Skywalker. I knew it was probably going to suck after the hammy, self-referential pastiche that was The Force Awakens, but I skipped The Last Jedi and actually really enjoyed Rogue One, so I gave it a shot.

I'm still kinda vexed that I paid £13 to watch those bastards at Disney hammer the final nail in the coffin of something that I used to think was cool. Apparently the Mandalorian was good, but I was past caring at that point. Even the original Star Wars films, nostalgia aside, are actually pretty shallow and basic compared to the likes of Alien (different genre I know, but same era) and the early Star Trek movies...minus the horribly bloated Star Trek: The Motion Picture, perhaps. Then again in its defence, Star Wars never aspired to be "proper" sci-fi - just a good bit of fantasy adventure in space really. Which it did very well at times. 

I should add that I think a reasonable proportion of the last two decades of mainstream cinema has been various shades of crap. I went to see Casablanca on a big screen a few months ago, and my god that was a breath of fresh air. 80-something years old, still compelling and still utterly beautiful to look at.

Forgive my moody "thinks he's a film critic" rambling, sleep deprivation's a hell of a drug....

9 minutes ago, VisionThing said:

Rise of Skywalker. I knew it was probably going to suck after the hammy, self-referential pastiche that was The Force Awakens, but I skipped The Last Jedi and actually really enjoyed Rogue One, so I gave it a shot.

I'm still kinda vexed that I paid £13 to watch those bastards at Disney hammer the final nail in the coffin of something that I used to think was cool. Apparently the Mandalorian was good, but I was past caring at that point. Even the original Star Wars films, nostalgia aside, are actually pretty shallow and basic compared to the likes of Alien (different genre I know, but same era) and the early Star Trek movies...minus the horribly bloated Star Trek: The Motion Picture, perhaps. Then again in its defence, Star Wars never aspired to be "proper" sci-fi - just a good bit of fantasy adventure in space really. Which it did very well at times. 

I should add that I think a reasonable proportion of the last two decades of mainstream cinema has been various shades of crap. I went to see Casablanca on a big screen a few months ago, and my god that was a breath of fresh air. 80-something years old, still compelling and still utterly beautiful to look at.

Forgive my moody "thinks he's a film critic" rambling, sleep deprivation's a hell of a drug....

Also that Child's Play remake from 2019?

1 hour ago, ElmStreetSlasher1984 said:

What's the worst Parody movie you seen?

Balls of Fury. Watch the trailer instead: it features all the movie's (few) good jokes while being much better paced.

Edited by Rudolph

As someone who loves awful movies and has seen a ton of them over the last 7 years. The Room is still my favourite bad movie, Troll 2 is loads of fun as well. There's just something so bizarre yet charming about them.

The actual worst movie I've seen is Pledge This! with Paris Hilton. It's the grimmest most unlikable film ever made. I have watched so much absolute garbage - bargain bin animated ripoffs, Turkish state propaganda, all the painful Adam Sandler films... none of them compare to Pledge This. It's a horrendously vain movie that was made from a condensed ultra-refined sludge of all the drama and pettiness you left behind in secondary school. Every single joke fails to land, the movie drags on forever, it's offensive to a wide array of minorities and ethnic groups but not even in a way that'll get a rise out of you. It's just a sad pitiful vanity project that fails on every level. I watched it 6 times

6 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Does that include Önce Vatan?

No actually, but I'll check it out if it's that bad. The one I remember most was "Code Name: K.O.Z."

19 minutes ago, Billa said:

-I have watched so much absolute garbage - bargain bin animated rip-offs.-

There's that crappy What's up balloon to the rescue Mockbuster, and all other crappy rip-offs of animated films.

Just now, ElmStreetSlasher1984 said:

There's that crappy What's up balloon to the rescue Mockbuster, and all other crappy rip-offs of animated films.

I've forced my poor boyfriend to sit with me and watch all the Video Brinquedo films, honestly I love them. You're very generous to call them Mockbusters when really they're just frauds lol. Some of them are a bit boring, for example What's Up starts with 20 minutes of pointless conversation in a kitchen purely to pad out the runtime. But what I find it really interesting is that they bothered to cobble together a film with actual visuals and voice acting when they could have just sold an empty disc... it's a blatant scam either way

Rise of Skywalker is bad but it's not even the worst Star Wars film, that belongs to Attack of the Clones. Until TROS came along it was the only SW movie I ever fully watched once. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Until TROS came along it was the only SW movie I ever fully watched once.

Does that include the lesser known Star Wars movies like the Star Wars Holiday Special and the Ewok movies? :P

No, those are spin-offs and irrelevant. Also there's no way the Holiday Special is worse than AOTC, because Holiday Special is  unintentionally hilarious while the prequels are just boring and shitty. 

As bad as the Prequels are, they are not physically painful to sit through like the Star Wars Holiday Special.

I am of the opinion that bad drama can be funny, but bad comedy cannot.

"Don't Look Up" I really disliked this movie, I think its worse than the postal movie, sharknado and the room combined because you can at least get some ironic enjoyment out of these movies 

I used to watch many movies until 2015, I lost account of what came out after that year. My last SW movie was The Force Awakens, you know.

Considering some recent crap I have watched on Prime Video, "Cosmic Sin" is a 2021 movie with Bruce Willis that I consider one of the worst movies I've seen in recent times. Cheap, wasteful, uninteresting, badly written, badly acted, badly filmed, it goes nowhere... I cannot find any redeeming factor in its content.

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

No, those are spin-offs and irrelevant. Also there's no way the Holiday Special is worse than AOTC, because Holiday Special is  unintentionally hilarious while the prequels are just boring and shitty. 

Does the 2005 doom movie count?

2 hours ago, Book Lord said:

Considering some recent crap I have watched on Prime Video, "Cosmic Sin" is a 2021 movie with Bruce Willis that I consider one of the worst movies I've seen in recent times. Cheap, wasteful, uninteresting, badly written, badly acted, badly filmed, it goes nowhere... I cannot find any redeeming factor in its content.

I can think of one: Bruce Willis got paid a lot for it. The whole reason why he started doing these "geezer teasers" is because he has been diagnosed with aphasia and wanted to make as much money as he could while his health allowed it. A rather cynical reason, sure, but understandable in this case. It sure beats Steven Seagal doing them because he sucks and no one in their right mind wants to work with him anymore.

Edited by Rudolph

10 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I can think of one: Bruce Willis got paid a lot for it. The whole reason why he started doing these "geezer teasers" is because he has been diagnosed with aphasia and wanted to make as much money as he could while his health allowed it. A rather cynical reason, sure, but understandable in this case. It sure beats Steven Seagal doing them because he sucks and no one in their right mind wants to work with him anymore.

Thanks for pointing at the Geezer Teaser article, I did not know it was a thing. Willis' role was relevant enough in that movie; the problem lies not only in his performance, but in the general lack of quality of the movie. Why do they make such bad movies is beyond me, but surely they make enough profit. Nowadays, it seems to be a gratifying scope for a work of art. 

Edited by Book Lord

Even in more "respectable" movies like M. Night Shyamalan's Glass, you can tell that Bruce Willis is completely checked out and spends the better part of the film wearing a hat and a raincoat so that a stuntman can play his character in most scenes. I do not blame him: at the end of the day, the guy is a worker and if someone wants to exploit his labor to make a shitty movie, they better make it worth his time!

There's a movie I've seen which I still have and it's called "epoch", from what I remember... It's a bit choppy in some places,  but not "bad" in my opinion... It's not good either. Another dodgy movie I've seen (And one I've had for years now) is called "Dark breed", another sci fi b-movie slop... :/

Alright, I have seen Peninsula. While the movie definitely does not suck like Seoul Station, it unfortunately does not take place on a boat as the first few minutes initially lead you to believe and instead it becomes a post-apocalyptic action movie, a la Doomsday or more recently Army of the Dead. A bit of a shame, as a zombie movie set inside a cruise ship sounds like a neat premise, but I guess the director did not want to just redo the same movie in a different setting and also it would have been harder to justify this time the characters getting all stuck aboard. All in all not a terrible movie, just not as unique as Train to Busan.

I am posting about this here because it is related to an earlier comment of mine.

Oh God - you had to remind me of the absolute WORST JCVD movie EVER!

On 6/8/2022 at 4:13 AM, VoanHead said:

How can anybody here not forget about the glorious Snakes on a Plane? It’s so terrible that it’s good.

But THIS! Samuel L Jackson's career-defining quote:

45 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

Oh God - you had to remind me of the absolute WORST JCVD movie EVER!

Eh. At least, this one can be funny to watch in a so-good-it-is-bad way.

I still think Black Eagle is worse in every aspect.

7 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

To be fair, I thought that Raul Julia Hammed it up brilliantly. 

Of course. And all things considered, Van Damme is not a bad pick for Guile - even if his Belgian accent is unjustifiable here.

But if you think the official Street Fighter movie is bad, then I dare you to check out the unauthorized Hong Kong adaptation:

Oh my good god! And I thought Power Rangers was bad... May just have to watch the whole thing later on over a beer or six.

It looks like the subtitles are automated translations as well - unless the dialogue really is that bad :-)

Death to 2021, it's basically just "let's fit as many 'relatable' references and jokes in 90 minutes as we can".