Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaDelphox

Corruption - [35 Map MBF21 Megawad] - (Idgames Pending, Final Update(TM))

2 hours ago, NinjaDelphox said:

The update is live on idgames now, also took the opportunity to fix a couple small issues (Mostly ZDoom related), so hopefully there aren't any bugs left, but with something this complicated I wouldn't be surprised if there was lol.

Fixed starting weapons on ZDoom, some map nodes, Map 25 closet and changing a linedef type, and also some minor linedef changes in Map 27.

Hi, i've checked them, and the only one updated is the Drive link (files changed 03 aug.) The idgames link remainds outdated (28 juny) Just to keep you informed..

31 minutes ago, FEDEX said:

Hi, i've checked them, and the only one updated is the Drive link (files changed 03 aug.) The idgames link remainds outdated (28 juny) Just to keep you informed..

Hey thanks for pointing this out! They updated only the text file but not the zip, which is strange. I'll have to figure out what happened there.

It may not have been updated on all the mirrors yet. I downloaded it, I think from the Germany (not FTP) mirror, and it was up to date (Corruption_ZDoom_281.wad dated August 3).

39 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

It may not have been updated on all the mirrors yet. I downloaded it, I think from the Germany (not FTP) mirror, and it was up to date (Corruption_ZDoom_281.wad dated August 3).

Yep it's the correct versions on the regular Germany mirror, so I guess not all of them have the correct version just yet. Thanks for letting me know :) Guess it'll just take a bit for it to show up on everything.

Finally got around to playing this last week, have really been digging it. Feels like it has some sensibilities from 2000s hard wads: hr, av, later scythe 1 and 2 maps, for we are many from cc3 etc...  mixed with it's own thing.

Unfortunately I think I'm the bearer of bad news

Spoiler

The boss in map33 gets stuck looping this attack animation, flaming itself. Deals no damage and it never became unstuck by itself, nor when you attack it, you can freely stand there and kill it. I assume this is the lunge/teleport attack I read about?

doom01.png.ba28885b2ab14bf82ca830dd9a43aeda.png

This was on hmp difficulty in the latest idgames version - 8/3/23 and the latest version of dsda - 26.2. Played the map a few times and it happened every time.

1 hour ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

Finally got around to playing this last week, have really been digging it. Feels like it has some sensibilities from 2000s hard wads: hr, av, later scythe 1 and 2 maps, for we are many from cc3 etc...  mixed with it's own thing.

Unfortunately I think I'm the bearer of bad news

Hide contents

The boss in map33 gets stuck looping this attack animation, flaming itself. Deals no damage and it never became unstuck by itself, nor when you attack it, you can freely stand there and kill it. I assume this is the lunge/teleport attack I read about?

doom01.png.ba28885b2ab14bf82ca830dd9a43aeda.png

This was on hmp difficulty in the latest idgames version - 8/3/23 and the latest version of dsda - 26.2. Played the map a few times and it happened every time.

Yeah I've known about that basically since it was made, but never bothered to fix it since it rarely happened for me, usually only ever happened if I was shooting him behind the pillars and then hiding. There's an improved version of him that lacks this issue in the next Corruption that is currently being developed though lol

Glad you're enjoying the game! :)

3 hours ago, NinjaDelphox said:

Yeah I've known about that basically since it was made, but never bothered to fix it since it rarely happened for me, usually only ever happened if I was shooting him behind the pillars and then hiding. There's an improved version of him that lacks this issue in the next Corruption that is currently being developed though lol

Glad you're enjoying the game! :)

Spoiler

I played around some more with iddqd and idkfa, cause it was happening almost every time I tried the fight.

You can reliably get him stuck by getting close so he starts with the lunge attack and bathing him with the plasma (I could also get this to work with the chaingun). I tried with other weapons but couldn't get it to happen, seems something with the high rate of fire weapons. You can also get him unstuck by getting within melee range.

Dank speedrun strat?

On 9/26/2023 at 9:47 PM, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

Reveal hidden contents

I played around some more with iddqd and idkfa, cause it was happening almost every time I tried the fight.

You can reliably get him stuck by getting close so he starts with the lunge attack and bathing him with the plasma (I could also get this to work with the chaingun). I tried with other weapons but couldn't get it to happen, seems something with the high rate of fire weapons. You can also get him unstuck by getting within melee range.

Dank speedrun strat?

Oh yeah that makes sense, I only really designed him to be fought with the Super Shotgun, so if you save the Plasma that is in the map or have a BFG from continuous it would basically already be over for him anyways lmao, but these loops have been fixed for future bosses :)

Well, Corruption got a runner up in the Cacowards!! I'm so honored and excited that people enjoyed it enough for it to get there, and I can't wait to release new and better stuff in the future :) Working with @EVILNECK and @Arsinikk on this was amazing, and it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without them. In the immediate future, I have a small "DLC" Corruption project in the works that will bridge the gap story wise between Corruption 1 and a sequel that is in development.

Now as for Corruption 1 itself, there's a new "Super Duper totally final" update, fixing a lot of ZDoom and Eternity stuff, as well as deathmatch in Map 34! This should hopefully really be the final update, and there will hopefully be no more major bugs! Thanks to Arsinikk and @Worst , the old ZDoom patch is completely gone, and you can run the main wad in all supported ports! We have also separated the GLDEFS into standalone PK3, and a widescreen assets patch for 16:9 art and status bar. This update is live now on the google drive link, and has been sent out to idgames, so it should be live there relatively soon!

Loving this megawad though it's extremely difficult!! I'm playing with a few friends using Zandronum and we are all brown regardless of what color we choose - is there any chance this could get fixed?

3 hours ago, Rocklan said:

Loving this megawad though it's extremely difficult!! I'm playing with a few friends using Zandronum and we are all brown regardless of what color we choose - is there any chance this could get fixed?

Watch out this WAD is an MBF21 wad, and since Zandro is not MBF21 compatible you might find some bugs or softlocks.

6 hours ago, Rocklan said:

It's a bit too late for this since unfortunately since it's already final, and fixing it would require changing sprites and also setting up checks to be the normal green for multiplayer, but it has been fixed for the future sequels :)

3 hours ago, LuciferSam86 said:

Watch out this WAD is an MBF21 wad, and since Zandro is not MBF21 compatible you might find some bugs or softlocks.

The last update should have smoothed out all issues with running on Zandronum or ZDoom 2.9.1 unless we missed something (I really hope not at this point lol)

EMAPINFO has this inconsistency:

"[MAP35]
levelname = MAP34: Thanks for Playing!
levelnum = 35"

59 minutes ago, Xymph said:

EMAPINFO has this inconsistency:

"[MAP35]
levelname = MAP34: Thanks for Playing!
levelnum = 35"

Easily fixable, just open the wad in SLADE, change MAP34 to MAP35, and save. Not sure if this warrants another upload to idgames.