Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astar

What track from Doom annoys you the most?

13 hours ago, wumbo said:

I'm going to cry.

Sorry! hearing it over and over in a long map like Mt. Pain kills me. The track along with other TNT MIDIs is also noticeably louder than the original game MIDIs for some reason. 

27 minutes ago, A339 said:

Sorry! hearing it over and over in a long map like Mt. Pain kills me. The track along with other TNT MIDIs is also noticeably louder than the original game MIDIs for some reason. 

No, it's fine!

I too wish it was way longer than it is now.

I will stand for e3m8 til the day i die (i love it mostly because it's the only doom song that was inspired by a band that i actually like, that being S.O.D.)

Anyway, i fucking hate e2m2.

D_COUNTD is pretty boring simply because it sounds like it really doesnt belong in any environment (maps) in Doom. It doesn't provide any atmosphere.

They're Going to Get You is by far one of the best tracks in Doom imo. Very creative with drones, dissonance and it uses silence very well. The only track I don't like that much is The Demon's Dead. The main riff is too repetitive.

On 8/8/2023 at 3:27 AM, Wavy said:

As for what track annoys me the most, I'd say Let's Kill at Will from TNT and it's not because of Habitat. The song is boring to me, really repetitive, and lacks any sort of punch as it relies on the same chord progression (if that's what it's called). It's not the worst song, and I wouldn't even say it's terrible, It's just way too repetitive.

Uh, are you talking about AimShootKill? That's the song on Habitat (and Heck). Let's Kill at Will was only on MAP11 and has a number of chords to it.

23 hours ago, WorldMachine said:

Officer, this one, RIGHT HERE!

Oh, my wife doesn't like this track aswell for the same reasons I find the "Hiding the Secrets" annoying :D

I almost feel bad for saying this, but Bye Bye American Pie takes this one. It's not like it's terrible or anything, it just encapsulates the soundtrack's weakest elements (I.E. Blues progression, Slow pacing, repetitive nature, overlong-ness, etc.)

15 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

I almost feel bad for saying this, but Bye Bye American Pie takes this one. It's not like it's terrible or anything, it just encapsulates the soundtrack's weakest elements (I.E. Blues progression, Slow pacing, repetitive nature, overlong-ness, etc.)

Only 1 of those applies, so I think you're mixing up track names. It doesn't use a blues progression, tempo is relatively fast, and length is relatively short compared to other Doom songs.

41 minutes ago, Individualised said:

Only 1 of those applies, so I think you're mixing up track names. It doesn't use a blues progression, tempo is relatively fast, and length is relatively short compared to other Doom songs.

No, I'm sure I'm right. Bye bye american pie was used in map23, was it not?

On 8/14/2023 at 7:54 AM, NuMetalManiak said:

are you talking about AimShootKill?

Oh uh, yeah. Sorry for the confusion.

(how did I get the name wrong?)

Edited by Wavy

On 8/6/2023 at 2:44 PM, Maximum Matt said:

Try a few thousand...

My pick would be map 18, Waiting For Romero To Play.  Not only is it yet another bastardized metal cover (This Love by Pantera), but it's first used in the kickass proto-slaught map The Courtyard, where it's creepy atmos doesn't fit (it does fit better with Monster Condo, tho).  And I think it's the only track in Doom II (apart from the intermission text music) with no percussion whatsoever.  

I still like it, though.  The only Doom music I actually hate is TNT's map 14.  Now THAT one sucks a Tom Hall 'nad.

I'm trying not to get angry, Cold Subtleness is my favourite TNT track.