Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

[MBF21 Community project] Paint-It Doom. Get creative with simple colors... again! But now with Ancient Aliens palette [Unlimited slots!] [Deadline is May 1st]

How do you make a fun map if you can't make it challenging, have platforming, or have slaughter (For legal reasons, this statement is a joke).

Sign me up tentatively I guess.

Just now, Meowgi said:

How do you make a fun map if you can't make it challenging, have platforming, or have slaughter (For legal reasons, this statement is a joke).

You can make it challenging, just not so challenging I can't beat it. I'll have to beat it so I know it works.

Good luck, hope you'll bring something out.

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

You can make it challenging, just not so challenging I can't beat it. I'll have to beat it so I know it works.

Good luck, hope you'll bring something out.

Just so I can get an idea of maps you can beat, what maps have you beaten?

Do you consider Scythe 2 too difficult?
Do you consider mid-late sunlust too difficult?
Do you consider something like Crumpets too difficult?

Just trying to get an idea of what you can beat before I make a map and get told to nerf it because you can't beat it ;)

4 minutes ago, dashiefrickintyan said:

i'll try to make something playable. can make some graphics too if needed heh

Oh yes, we will need the usual - TITLEPIC, INTERPIC but I prefer to discuss it after we get a few maps.

17 minutes ago, Meowgi said:

Do you consider Scythe 2 too difficult?
Do you consider mid-late sunlust too difficult?

I kinda fell off the classic-playing wad and didn't make it to those. I should remedy this, before I become Garth Marenghi of Doom mapping.

You can look up my previous projects like Hellevator or Skulltiverse, some of the later maps (Specifically 27 and 28 in both) are fairly challenging for me but it's a safe zone as I was able to beat them. Or like I referenced, I could beat the entirety of DIY beside MAP30 and MAP32.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

This seems cool! Idk if I have the experience to make something for this type of project, but considering the deadline is Dec. 1, I can fool around with the resources and see if I can make anything. I'm not going to commit just yet, but I would like to make something!

There's no limit to how many submissions we can have (Practical limit might be 99, I'm not sure) so no need to stake any kind of claim.

Do you accept submitions from not very experienced mappers? The idea of the project seems very cool and the deadline seems manageable... Maybe I can make something for this project?

2 minutes ago, SilentD00mer said:

Do you accept submitions from not very experienced mappers? The idea of the project seems very cool and the deadline seems manageable... Maybe I can make something for this project?

Yes, the bar is fairly low. As long as it's functional and reasonably fun, even if it might be rough around edges, should be acceptable.

2 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Yes, the bar is fairly low. As long as it's functional and reasonably fun, even if it might be rough around edges, should be acceptable.

Nice! 

Well, the music will take some time though, I have no experience making the music

6 minutes ago, SilentD00mer said:

Nice! 

Well, the music will take some time though, I have no experience making the music

I never meant you need to make new music, just pick something that you think best suits your submissions.

11 minutes ago, Astar said:

Do we need new music? I could try to make a new one :)

We could probably use an intermission track. And the title track. And maybe text track too. In this order.

I guess you can always make music for someone's map, if you both feel like it.

I'm interested, but I would be coming in as a totally new mapper. I've only messed around a little in UDB without actually finishing anything. This would at least give me a deadline to finish something by, though.

3 hours ago, Raith138 said:

Can I grab a slot?

There is no slots, just make a submissions, and I will arrange it in more logical progression in the end.

I also added an item to the rule I forgot to do yesterday, please make sure your map can have 100% kills and secrets. If monsters aren't meant to be fought, make sure they are killed in the end.

2 minutes ago, BeachThunder said:

What's up with the colour names?

weirdcolours.png.e39caca1ce1aa7d561a8e10188280bcf.png

This is how this looks for me:

image.png

I think what might be happening if you load DOOM2 last and original palette overwrote the correct one.

I will not be able to map for 2 weeks so I meant can I get a spot reserved.

If not then I will just hope there is slots left.

54 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

I will not be able to map for 2 weeks so I meant can I get a spot reserved. 

Feel free to map whenever, there's no limited slots this time.

Seems this project is a good excuse for relaxed and simple mapping after work, where you don't have to concentrate on fine-tuning your magnum opus). Maybe I'll take a little break from my projects and make a small and nice map here.