Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watto3699

GTA VI Trailer

I hope GTA VI makes fun of people I don't like so I can masturbate to the fact that a British video game developer agrees with my political views about Florida. That's the main reason why I play video games.

GTA franchise was dead for 10 years, but it now alive because GTA VI is going release on 2025, gta fans are just waiting for gta vi, but now, here is

9 hours ago, A339 said:

Check out Sleeping Dogs and Mafia III if you want a more modern take on the GTA game style.

Oh right! There is also the Yakuza series if I am not mistaken; that one is still going strong and I hear it is surprisingly not shitty towards trans people.

And speaking of Dogs, I just got reminded of Watch Dogs, although I have heard mixed things about it.

52 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Oh right! There is also the Yakuza series if I am not mistaken; that one is still going strong and I hear it is surprisingly not shitty towards trans people.

And speaking of Dogs, I just got reminded of Watch Dogs, although I have heard mixed things about it.

Yakuza is nothing like GTA at all though, it's not even close. Only similarity is between the two are the protags being criminals

10 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

Yakuza is nothing like GTA at all though, it's not even close. Only similarity is between the two are the protags being criminals

No? It is not even a sandbox game? I could have sworn I had read somewhere that it was, albeit on a smaller scale.

Yakuza is a narrative beat em up (latter turned based jrpg) with a hub world and a lot of different activities (minigames) to do, other than that Yakuza doesn't have the same level of freedom that GTA has. There's no stealing cars, no killing random pedestrians (even standard bad guys just get knocked out from a shotgun blast), and heavier focus on combos and hand-to-hand combat.

Ah, bummer. You would think that playing as a Yakuza would have been a great premise for a GTA-style game. Oh well...

As a casual spectator fan of the series, my thoughts:

- There is very little if any noticeable pop-up, which is amazing considering the level of detail.

- Larger and more varied crowds than previous games.

- Female protagonist looks like she'll be a lot of fun to play as.

- Multiple shots of what appears to be smartphone or body cam footage, suggesting that kind of tech will play a more up front role.

- Humans generally look extremely well-rendered, especially hair.

- While clearly not path-traced (shadow map artifacts are present in some shots), there appears to be a lot of light bounce and generally photoreal lighting that looks better than almost anything currently available to play. 

- Given how much the series comments on the current zeitgeist, wouldn't it be great if a GTA-like game existed in-world that was playable? 

46 minutes ago, Koko Ricky said:

- Given how much the series comments on the current zeitgeist, wouldn't it be great if a GTA-like game existed in-world that was playable?

Wait, what?

You mean, a game within a game?

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Wait, what?

You mean, a game within a game?

Yeah. Considering how much of society GTA parodies, this would be an opportunity to parody themselves. 

20 minutes ago, Koko Ricky said:

Yeah. Considering how much of society GTA parodies, this would be an opportunity to parody themselves. 

Maybe they could have playable GTA 1&2 arcades within the game's world.

35 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Pull a Donkey Kong 64 and make it part of 100% completion lol.

I wish Rockstar could've made a Miami Vice based game years ago as a subverted version of GTA playing as the law. There are references to very specific episodes in the show all the way up to GTA V. I think they could've done something special in that universe. Character switching between Crockett and Tubbs, then having them together for several missions. MV and Bladerunner are the two IPs I think they could've made an awesome game with.

52 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I think it would even be feasible to have GTA 3 as something you could play on a laptop or PC in the game world. It's a primitive enough game that it's entirely doable. Thing is, do people want this? I think of it as a feature that would need to actually tie into gameplay, as well as the game's societal themes, in order to be more than a pure gimmick.

24 minutes ago, Koko Ricky said:

I think it would even be feasible to have GTA 3 as something you could play on a laptop or PC in the game world. It's a primitive enough game that it's entirely doable. Thing is, do people want this? I think of it as a feature that would need to actually tie into gameplay, as well as the game's societal themes, in order to be more than a pure gimmick.

Yeah, that is why I suggest GTA 1&2 over GTA 3 since at the end of the day you still want players to actually play the game it is a part of. :P

It is probably why MachineGames put Wolfenstein 3D as a bonus mini-game in the new Wolfenstein games and not Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Edited by Rudolph

7 hours ago, Koko Ricky said:

I think it would even be feasible to have GTA 3 as something you could play on a laptop or PC in the game world. It's a primitive enough game that it's entirely doable. Thing is, do people want this?

I feel like it's more: could the company that removed the original versions from storefronts and slopped out half-arsed remasters monetize such an addition to make it worth their while?

46 minutes ago, Individualised said:

Wow, Doom 3 has not aged well visually at all. Jesus Christ.

Is this the best it can be? Maybe the pic is from a low detail preset?

Doom 3's environments and monsters are still amazing to look at. The only real problem is the humans looks really stiff. 

6 hours ago, Individualised said:

Wow, Doom 3 has not aged well visually at all. Jesus Christ.

Its Bfg Edition that uses different engine, and i think for some reason gamma is cranked in this screenshot

1 hour ago, INfront95 said:

Its Bfg Edition that uses different engine, and i think for some reason gamma is cranked in this screenshot

He's probably talking more about the texture quality than anything else. Doom 3 has some fairly compressed textures. It would be interested if the HD versions were available somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Koko Ricky said:

He's probably talking more about the texture quality than anything else. Doom 3 has some fairly compressed textures. It would be interested if the HD versions were available somewhere.

There is work on HD pack i think its finished, look on moddb.