Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sonikkumania

Fallout the movie teaser trailer dropped last weekend

I will skip this one because it doesn't look very good but I thought you guys would be interested in.

Here it is ... Fallout on Amazon Prime:

Given the low bar for such adaptations, it looks fine to me. But i hold no hope because game adaptations.

Yeah I'll give it a watch. I'm not nearly as invested in Fallout as some folks are, but it looks like it might be okay. My only real problem so far is that the ghoul doesn't look like a ghoul. He looks like a very handsome man with a bad sunburn, a sunny disposition, and his nose just happened to fall off. So we'll see, apparently it's pissing off plenty of people already because the Brotherhood of Steel shouldn't have that type of ship in this area at this time, and so forth. But I'll probably check it out.

But yeah, I hold no high hopes for videogame adaptations, because all the Doom movie really needed was demons being torn apart with heavy weapons, and it couldn't deliver on either of those fronts.

44 minutes ago, Jello said:

My only real problem so far is that the ghoul doesn't look like a ghoul. He looks like a very handsome man with a bad sunburn

IMO he looks like Oppenheimer who's nose got bitten off.

And what's with the cyclop Overseer? I thought Vaults were designed to keep radiation off, not in!

Well excluding that one particular Vault, but you know.

10 minutes ago, Sonikkumania said:

And what's with the cyclop Overseer? I thought Vaults were designed to keep radiation off, not in!

Well excluding that one particular Vault, but you know.

It's a teaser trailer dude. Drawing conclusions about the entire show from a couple of minutes of footage is foolish. There's a possibility all the issues people have will be explained in the full show. Perhaps the story involves the Brotherhood pushing into NCR territory but they are showing so much Brotherhood because the power armour is so iconic? Maybe they are allying against a bigger threat? That's consistent with New Vegas' possible outcomes. Maybe the overseer got mutated due to an experiment or accident? Any number of lore consistent explanations could apply.

Just now, Murdoch said:

Maybe the overseer got mutated due to an experiment or accident?

I just want to nitpick because I'm quite familiar with the lore.

What you pointed out might as well true but considering how Vaults should be radiation proof it just raises the question.

Oh well, nevermind.

45 minutes ago, Sonikkumania said:

What you pointed out might as well true but considering how Vaults should be radiation proof it just raises the question.

Oh well, nevermind.

Accidents happen. Failure in a reactor for example. Vault equipment fails, like the purifier chip in the first game.

Edited by Murdoch

53 minutes ago, Sonikkumania said:

Oh well, nevermind.

Who said the radiation came from outside, or even that the mutation is caused by radiation? Vaults 34 and 79 for example both had reactor leaks which killed most of their populations and turned the rest into Ghouls, and there's Vault 87 where the inhabitants became Super Mutants, and Vault 22 where the inhabitants became Spore Carriers. Also, several Vaults were never fully completed or not properly sealed, allowing radiation in; besides Vault 12 from Fallout 1 there's also Vaults 88 and 114.

On another note, it's probably worth pointing out this is a TV series, not a movie. Just in case once it's out, anyone here watches the first episode and finds it has a very short run time and rather an inconclusive ending ;)

4 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Who said the radiation came from outside, or even that the mutation is caused by radiation? Vaults 34 and 79 for example both had reactor leaks which killed most of their populations and turned the rest into Ghouls, and there's Vault 87 where the inhabitants became Super Mutants, and Vault 22 where the inhabitants became Spore Carriers. Also, several Vaults were never fully completed or not properly sealed, allowing radiation in; besides Vault 12 from Fallout 1 there's also Vaults 88 and 114.

On another note, it's probably worth pointing out this is a TV series, not a movie. Just in case once it's out, anyone here watches the first episode and finds it has a very short run time and rather an inconclusive ending ;)

We're talking about a franchise which is based on a post nuclear apocalyptic setting so in that regard radiation is like the prime reason why mutations occur in the 1st place... I think it's pretty evident to presume said mutation is due to radiation. Also I have to point out that I don't really know about F3 or F4 lore, and Spore Carrier infestation was an intended Vault Tec experiment that as far as I remember wasn't involved with radiation.

Anyway this topic is getting out of hand, I suggest people should just disregard my post I shouldn't have pointed it out.

I remain optimistically uninterested.

I hope it's great, not watching it though, Fallout cannon is a mess and Bethesda can't keep the story straight (for instance Midwest Brotherhood isn't cannon, yet is explicitly mentioned in Fallout 3, ghouls need to eat to survive which is the whole deal with the Slags in Fallout 2 yet also get stuck in a fridge for 200+ years with no food and are fine, not only that but glowing ones can resurrect other ghouls apparently) and with Tod confirming it is indeed cannon it'd be easier to just not know or actually care (Bethesda certainly doesn't, they can't even keep Elder Scrolls consistent).

So, worst it can do is not be fun, which I hope it's fun and people can enjoy it.

6 hours ago, Sonikkumania said:

Speaking of Oppenheimer, it looks like Jonathan Nolan is involved... -_-

22 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Speaking of Oppenheimer, it looks like Jonathan Nolan is involved... -_-

I .. have no idea who that is.

How is it a bad thing?

13 hours ago, Sonikkumania said:

Most Vaults were not intended to work correctly, but were instead bizarre experiments. This is a feature of the game canon that I don't particularly like, but it more than justifies a cyclops overseer.

Would have been nice to see a less serious "Weird Wasteland" type of deal, but I can't imagine I would have watched it either way.

It looks pretty cool but I'm trying to temper my expectations because, well, you know. That being said, I hope it's as good as it looks to be.