Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[RC5] EVITERNITY II - RC5 Released!

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Anyways, here's two new OST releases from my end today, and when they're put side by side like this it's almost comical how different they are, heh.

This is the last place I expected to be getting Runescape flashbacks, but wow, listening to it I totally get it now. I didn't make the connection while playing the map.

RC5 Map 7
After I collected the red key, the platform lifted down and nothing happened: no monsters, no lifts, I'm trapped. The lift doesn't work because it's not risen yet

Same concerns yellow key. The battle doesn't happen. I activate 2 switches and just go to the central building

Edited by Dimon12321

19 minutes ago, Dimon12321 said:

RC5 Map 7
After I collected the red key, the platform lifted down and nothing happened: no monsters, no lifts, I'm trapped. The lift doesn't work because it's not risen yet

Same concerns yellow key. The battle doesn't happen. I activate 2 switches and just go to the central building

Can you confirm what port and compatibility settings you're using?

We UV-Maxed every level in RC5 to ensure no issues and didn't come across this, so I'm wondering if it's a specific setting causing the issue.

19 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Can you confirm what port and compatibility settings you're using?

We UV-Maxed every level in RC5 to ensure no issues and didn't come across this, so I'm wondering if it's a specific setting causing the issue.

DSDA-Doom 0.25.4

-iwad doom2.wad -file Eviternity-II-RC5.wad -complevel 21 -geom 1920x1200

After that, I killed all monsters and found 2/4 secrets on Map 8. In case, it has MBF21-specific triggers

UPD: I warped to Map 7 in the same gaming session, rushed through the red key section, grabbed the key and now monsters (imps and archanotrons) spawned in.

Edited by Dimon12321 : Added more info

17 hours ago, Somie1998 said:

Made this wad compatible with Brutal DOOM and Project Brutality 3.0 please ???

You seem to ask this about quite a few WADs ;) I'm far from a Doom expert, but for a WAD like Eviternity 2 there would be a huge amount of both technical and design work required to make it compatible with Brutal DOOM. The quality of E2 speaks to the high standards of the dev team, which means they wouldn't be happy with a "it doesn't crash all the time" level of compatibility. And balancing the WAD for Brutal DOOM would severely compromise the vanilla experience, so there would really need to be a separate Brutal DOOM version. Given how many hours were needed to "just" make E2 for vanilla Doom, you can understand why the team wouldn't be interested in entertaining such requests.

Have started a pistol-start RC5 playthrough. Loving it even more! Particularly:

Spoiler
  • The common musical theme in "End of the Line" and "The Origin".
  • Fixed Perforator feels absolutely spot on now. Powerful but not a win button. And still super satisfying!
  • That big fight in Departure with the Astral Arachnotrons is just *chef's kiss*
  • Not sure if it's my imagination but ammo seems tighter in this WAD than the original. Which lends itself to a great balance of conservative and aggressive play. And berserk usage >:D
  • EGA-style exit screen is a nice little cherry on top.

Edited by Lord Belial

40 minutes ago, Dimon12321 said:

DSDA-Doom 0.25.4

this is not supported. Please run on the latest available version!

6 minutes ago, ukiro said:

this is not supported. Please run on the latest available version!

In which way? I'm not insisting, but this might be just a rare case when some linedef didn't work right once

@Somie1998 : You could at least try to play the megawad the way they intended a few times before asking for this.  They put so much effort into this wad that it's kinda rude to ask for this right out of the gate.  It's like asking for more seasonings for your meal that someone spent hours preparing before even trying what they made first.  All of you that keep asking for this need to be a little more thankful you get free content like this at all.  

12 minutes ago, Dimon12321 said:

In which way? I'm not insisting, but this might be just a rare case when some linedef didn't work right once

Off the top of my head I don’t know the exact thing that causes the error(s) in that specific level. But we as developers don’t have the time to chase that either; bugs reported for ports and versions that we clearly state aren’t compatible won’t be addressed, it’s as simple as that. Now if you somehow get the same behavior in 0.27.5, we’d be very eager to hear it. 

Hiya,

After years of popping in and out I finally decided to make an account and reveal myself :)

What a wonderful Christmas present to get Eviternity II! I will probably post a review at some point.

You have all, of course, done and amazing, AMAZING job, and it must have taken so much work from everyone.

Of the highlights, one of my very favorites is Antares031's map in Chapter 5. As the map started I immediately recognized Antares work, having been playing Struggle Antaresian Legacy for ages before this. The music was perfect too. The whole set piece at the end was jaw dropping, and I doff my cap in total respect.

Now then, with that out of the way; to business:

I cannot get past that bloody Silence part on map 26 without CHEATING, despite downloading RC2 and starting the entire game over.

No-one on YouTube has covered it yet. Not in a way that doesn't risk having the ending spoiled, which I absolutely don't want.

Can't get thru without waking up the crazy mouldy cacos since the buttons are activated by weapon/punch, not the use button. It's probably obvious and I'm just too tired to notice. 

Tl;Dr

What are you supposed to do???

It's bugging me so much I finally posted here lol.

Thank you

(really sorry if this has been covered over and over, I really don't want to read the ending being spoiled...)

6 minutes ago, RICHIE B said:

I cannot get past that bloody Silence part on map 26 without CHEATING, despite downloading RC2 and starting the entire game over.

Spoiler

If you stand on the sky-floor and shoot, they won't hear you...

10 minutes ago, unraveler said:
  Hide contents

If you stand on the sky-floor and shoot, they won't hear you...

Thank you so much unraveler, and for the prompt reply. Not sure I would have figured that out.

Sorry if it was covered ad infinitum, I didn't want any spoilers (apart from that).

Back to the game then... 

6 hours ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

@Somie1998 : You could at least try to play the megawad the way they intended a few times before asking for this.  They put so much effort into this wad that it's kinda rude to ask for this right out of the gate.  It's like asking for more seasonings for your meal that someone spent hours preparing before even trying what they made first.  All of you that keep asking for this need to be a little more thankful you get free content like this at all.  

Don't quite understand the dogpiling? (Besides brutal dewm being mentioned :^))

Being able to play a wad with gameplay mods is always a huge bonus. Now that I've beaten EV2, I wouldn't mind giving it another go with a weapon pack just for the kicks. Although, mods that don't touch monsters should probably work just fine.

RC5

General - Chandeliers not rendering flush with the ceiling.

Change the Y offsets for SP00I,SP00J and SP00K from 61 to 65 to fix.

Map 26 -

1. Sidedef 43412 has a Y offset of -24. Good for OWOODB40 but bad for OWOODF59.

2. Still an issue with the OFALLN01 where sectors 1889 and 1891 are. Not rendering down to the floor.  UPDATE - The area where sector 10819 is OK but the area where sector 1889 is not.

3. Wrong tex on lines 43985 and 43980. Should be OSPRTM14, then aligned.

4. Floor of sectors 2945, 2995 and 2941 should probably have a floor height of -72. OFIREA41 does not tile vertically.

Map 27 -

OFALLN01 issue at or near sector 4500.

Map 32 -

Sidedef 8982 needs an x offset of 6. OFENCJ01 not rendering.

Map 35 -

1. Currently, the transition is noticeable when crossing lines 515 and 520 for example, due to sector placement. While not fixing the floor/ceiling movement, aligning the wall textures will make this less noticeable. For example, line 6616 has an x offset of 43, so corresponding line 6541 needs an x offset of 43.

2. An issue with the ceilings of sectors 610/611 when sector 610 has lowered. To fix increase the ceiling height of sector 611.

Map 36 -

1. T2698 drops when switch at line 531 is used. I added this to Dehacked to fix ...

Thing 108 ( Hanging torso 2)
Width = 1048576

2. Lines 8364/14278 etc. need both upper and lower unpegging. Some will still need a Y offset fix.

Edited by hawkwind

@MoiraHeart: Because they literally spent years making this an experience to be had on its own, and this guy asks them to make it "better".  Now if you like mods, that's fine, but asking someone to make a game more suitable for your taste is really selfish, especially when clearly a lot of work was put into this already.  Go spend four years making a megawad and you'll understand.   

Edit: If you want this compatible with mods, learn to do it and make it happen.  But these guys worked hard enough.  

11 minutes ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

@MoiraHeart: Because they literally spent years making this an experience to be had on its own, and this guy asks them to make it "better".  Now if you like mods, that's fine, but asking someone to make a game more suitable for your taste is really selfish, especially when clearly a lot of work was put into this already.  Go spend four years making a megawad and you'll understand.   

First of all, I don't think you should speak on behalf of the wad authors, especially when you hold them to a such high regard.

The poster is probably inexperienced and just looked for another cool wad to play with their mods. They might not realize that adapting a mod would take a lot of work, and explaining it would certainly work better than passive agressive attitude like this. They didn't even ask to make the mod "better", they just asked if it would be possible to make it work with their gameplay mod of choice, simple.

And while no, of course the mod team shouldn't adapt Eviternity 2 to work with gameplay mods, a point could be made about a possibility of a (maybe even unofficial?) "vaxxed" version, just like skillsaw did with Valiant.

There's really no reason to act like this because of a simple question. Not everyone is caught up on Doom community conventions.

^I'm being as respectful as I can with this.  If you're taking this as attitude, it's your problem.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go be an adult about this.  Thanks Eviternity 2 team for a great wad, if you guys want to make a vaxxed version or whatever, go for it.  

36 minutes ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

I'm being as respectful as I can with this.

36 minutes ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go be an adult about this.

Lol the lack of self awareness is unreal, I thought I was on reddit for a second. All Moria said was that you shouldn't look at people who want to play projects like EVII with gameplay mods like dumb asses just because they don't understand how much work goes into a project like EVII before asking for a version that tones down the custom monsters and weapons (aka vaxxed version, something that has been done before, something you said yourself). Do you really think that someone needs to know everything about what they are criticizing or offering a suggestion about before their opinion is valid enough in your eyes? In my 15 years of lurking here and playing WADs I didn't realize you were the authority on what is considered valid or invalid when it comes to discussion about a 30 year old DOS game.

Pretty embarrassing to get offended on someone else's behalf especially when you didn't even contribute to the project. You have such an attitude and passive aggressive demeanor (and yes, how you sound to a normal person who speaks to people IRL and not exclusively online is passive aggressive no matter how much you want to fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Dragonfly even replied with 'no' to the guy talking about brutal doom/ project brutality support, do you really believe you contributed to the conversation by saying what you did?  I'm sure he didn't ask from the bottom of his heart for someone like you to rush out of thin air to defend his project), that it makes it hard for me to look at what your saying from an objective lens.

1 hour ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

If you're taking this as attitude, it's your problem.

What wonderful critical thinking and debate skills, what's sad is I'm sure you're just as inept in real life.

It's not completely out of left field to ponder the idea of vaxxed support, though asking for it in a RC thread seems rather odd (I would have waited until the official release thread but to each his own) but there is no need to dog pile on the dude for asking for BD/PB support, espesically when the project leader already responded to his comment. Like Moira said, the guy probably doesn't know every minute detail and nuance that goes into making doom WADs or projects as ambitious as EVII. Comments like this only serve to gate keep and I can only assume you are intending to karma farm (on a 30 year old game forum of all places) just so you can make yourself look better, especially when you throw in comments at the end of your posts like:

52 minutes ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

Thanks Eviternity 2 team for a great wad, if you guys want to make a vaxxed version or whatever, go for it.  

I just don't understand why you have such a smart ass attitude towards someone, who is just asking a relatively harmless question about a mod for a 30 year old game. If anything, shit like this is what turns people off from some gaming communities because they need to worry about appeasing people who feel the need to tell them that they are stupid and don't know what they are talking about.

Anyways, I played up until Map24, (got swamped with the holiday season and visiting family everyday) but this project is nothing short of incredible. Dragonfly and the rest of the EVII outdid themselves, and I can safely say that I didn't know Eviternity needed a sequel until I got most of the way through EVII. Having played on GZDoom and dsda-doom, this WAD is among the most comprehensive and well maintained projects I have ever played. Upon writing this I played on RC2, but I cannot wait to replay this upon official release.

3 hours ago, ukiro said:

Eviternity II is not meant to be run alongside other mods, whereas brutal doom and most weapons mods work with lots of different levels. If you want to add another mod to Eviternity II and it’s not working correctly, bring it up with the author(s) of that other mod. I can’t promise you they will adapt either, but please don’t ask the hand to fit the glove. 

Since you're here now and I just finished Eviternity 2, I want to take the opportunity to praise Map 36 because it was my favorite of them all. Incredibly clever concepts, and well executed too. Absolutely loved it from beginning to end. The dramatic finale is incredible. Congratulations on this map, a worthy follow up to Anagnorisis in every way.

And congratulations to the team as a whole on an awesome wad. Gave me a lot of joy the past few weeks. :)

This has probably been answered already, but this thread is very long. Map36 what's up with the sigil eyes that teleport when used? I think I found them all, but it didn't seem like anything happened? The platform to the switch for the final fight never rose, so I had to noclip out. Playing in GZdoom.

Final boss is good! I found the end of Eviternity 1 pretty frustrating, but this one a long but very well balanced and fun fight.

Obviously everyone has already said, but this is maybe the best looking WAD ever made. Amazing work every member of the team and enjoy a happy holidays! You deserve a little relaxation after putting this thing together. :)

Oh right, the credits map as well. I couldn't find the switch to activate the easter egg?

21 minutes ago, worldoffood said:

The platform to the switch for the final fight never rose, so I had to noclip out.

was this RC3 by any chance? It had broken the sector with the perforator. 

2 hours ago, worldoffood said:

Oh right, the credits map as well. I couldn't find the switch to activate the easter egg?

@tmorrow answers that earlier on page 17: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2747622
I found the switches, but I still don't know why this particular order is required. And clearly @Dragonfly and @antares031 want use to find out ourselves :).

This WAD is astonishing in so many ways. antares031 says, that MAP32 deserves separate Cacoward on itself - and I fully agree with that, but I also hope he gets his own for MAP24. And @ukiro, please, DO NOT STOP making such maps like MAP36. It was an incredible experience even after two weeks of playing wonderful previous maps. 

What I also want to praise is your (all creators') activity in this topic and how long the changelogs are - whatever I found problematic or not-so-perfect in RC1 and RC2, I see is already corrected even before final release! 

Finally got it finished today. 😊

Surprised myself by beating the final level without dying.The game seemed to get strangely easy right at the end. That music for the final boss was soooo good. 

Will play through again and collate my thoughts.

In the meantime, can someone PLEASE tell me how to access the secret area on the outer edge of map 15 Rubicon - the part with the pain elementals behind laser bars? I've tried everything I can think of but no luck. It's killing me wanting to know. 😣

1 hour ago, RICHIE B said:

In the meantime, can someone PLEASE tell me how to access the secret area on the outer edge of map 15 Rubicon - the part with the pain elementals behind laser bars? I've tried everything I can think of but no luck. It's killing me wanting to know. 😣

Spoiler

The room with the round crusher, which you fight a bunch of Pain Elementals in, has a switch on a techy wall at 534,-1708. This opens a teleporter in the same room which allows you to jump onto the cage with the mega armour. Jumping onto this cage turns off the laser bars.

11 hours ago, ukiro said:

was this RC3 by any chance? It had broken the sector with the perforator. 

Yeah I'm playing on RC3 right now. That's the one I'm talking about. :)

5 hours ago, Lord Belial said:
  Hide contents

The room with the round crusher, which you fight a bunch of Pain Elementals in, has a switch on a techy wall at 534,-1708. This opens a teleporter in the same room which allows you to jump onto the cage with the mega armour. Jumping onto this cage turns off the laser bars.

Thanks. 🙏

I don't know how to put spoiler tags, but it was a switch on the left of that. 

How did I miss that? I humped every wall in that level. 😣 That was the one secret that was killing me.