Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hfc2x

Doom: Evil Unleashed -- Status Update Thread

21 minutes ago, nue said:

I’ve been waiting a loooong time for this 

30 years in the making, am I right? lol.

LETS GOOOO!!!!! I'm really happy to see this still kickin'! Those preview videos back in the day helped inspire me to get more into Doom modding. I look forward to seeing more 👀

Woah, dude, thank you. Your stuff was one of the main motivators to kick development back into gear. Seeing your stuff made me go "wait, you can do that with ZScript now?" lol.

Ayyy, Great to finally see this return.
This was one of the mod that inspired me to start with Doom modding :D

I'm guessing the introduction of ZScript really pushed this forward, since you can now recreate many of the Doom Bible features.

On 12/19/2023 at 9:06 AM, jazzmaster9 said:

I'm guessing the introduction of ZScript really pushed this forward, since you can now recreate many of the Doom Bible features.

Yeah. It pretty was going to be completely impossible to do with ACS and Decorate only. We're still relying a lot on ACS, but ZScript has made a bunch of work super straightforward.

Fun fact: I had been doing some preliminary work with Chocolate Doom to create a version of Doom EU that's more "true" to what it was originally supposed to be, but the amount of work required to do that is just absolutely massive. I may give it another go in the future, but only after we get this version finished.

This is the kind of mod I've been looking for, and I'm gonna love it no matter what. Doom Delta was already on eof my favourites, and my obsession with alpha style Doom mods only grows each time I look more into it. Can't wait, but take as much time as you need and don't burn yourself out.

Wait a minute...

Are you... serious!?

That Evil Unleashed by hfc2x et al.!?

Awwww yiss!!!! *ahem* Pardon the overreaction.

Still, how can I ever forget my early days DOOMing while spending time checking this mod's development on ZDoom Forums and Wiki.

A very unexpected comeback, but a very pleasant one. Considering this is how KDiKDiZD finally materialized after a very long time, I have quite some expectation for this.