Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

Krists-Well I could learn a new modelling software that has rendering I could use for my artwork. Never heard of Silo, but there's Blender which has rendering and it's free, but I don't think my comp is powerful enough for that stuff. Maybe after I upgrade it I'll think about it :)
My largest reasons for using Gmax are that it's interface is very comfortable (afterall it's 3ds max's interface ;) ) and I'm familiarised with it and I don't really need it to do complexed jobs, just to make the general base of the gun-basic forms with lighting on them (especially proper values for sloped planes which can be a pain).

Looks powerful. Thanks for that link. :) If I'm going to use this (maybe sometime in the future) I'll surely need to upgrade my comp (I already asked for that at Psionic 3d. Appears I must get a better vidcard) because Gmax can get bitchy at mere 4k polys. To make stuff as good as some in the gallery I'll need a much stronger machine.

Alright nmn, we will do the pitcure way.

Can anyone see if they can make a basic looking handgun like the gun below, just without that bump on the side of the gun please? Thanks in advance to who decides to do itzor.

(ignore the ad and the sold out sign.)

We don't have enough basic hanguns like this. Slap some doomguy hands onto the gun, and it shoud kick ass when used.

EDIT: Heh, i'll even make a pick up for this if anyone makes it. :P

EDIT 2: Here we are!

EDIT 3: Err, that has AA. Here is it, betterized.

Alright, I linked directly to Modern Firearms' full page on the Colt, but I'll re-host the image I linked earlier:

To Chrono:
Hey, that pistol looks quite a bit like the Silver Falcon from Perfect Dark! I actually prefer the weapon you posted with the bump, since it gives it some character, although it would be rather asymmetrical unless you added a bump on both sides. If nobody else does it, Chrono, I will eventually. I plan on making a pistol that looks very similar to the SF from PD. It might take a while, however, since I'm leaving for Virginia with my father on Sunday. I'm not sure I'll have the necessary tools while gone, but if I do, I'll try to work on something!

Addendum:
I'll try to make a version of a pistol similar to that both with the bump and without, since you asked for it without. It shouldn't be hard to remove/add it, anyway.

its funny to see like 5 billion diff hacks of my doom forever guns.
try to atleast not make them look like they are doom forever guns.
anyways, atmosphere's renditions of them will be 10 times better.

jetflock said:

Whats odd though is that I never saw any hacks of your forever gun.

jetflock said:

Where?

sitters said:

Nobody seems to like the harpoon gun.

Greetings.

I haven't forgotten it yet :)

Just let me finish the Aknai Rocket Launcher. It's a friggin 13 frames (6 frames done tough :D)

I have been taking a break from my TC wad (a few screens here: http://wip.paci-fist.org/?a=listwads&wad=590 if anyone is interested) and played around a bit with some more "real-life" sprite work lately.

Here is a gun loosely based on the HK MP5K (at least i think thats what it is called)

Edit: Almost forgot, NMN, that crossbow is truly mindblowing. Great stuff indeed!

I have been monitoring the progress of Your TC lately. IMO, it deserves for much more praise as it's original and I can see You put a lot of work to it :) The mp5 is cool, reminds of that weapon if anything else.

Plus, remember that when firing it is good for a weapon to be slightly offseted to the bottom for centered/right-down for angled (right hand) weapons. This is a recoil (or weapon kick back) and it makes things more dynamic.

Well, personally i do that with an offset in either Wintex of XWE, so i never bother actually moving the gun around in the finished picture :)

I love that MP5, Scero. Way better than the one everybody keeps ripping from Platoon TC.

It'smy first gun. I did it in MSPaint, and I know it's not that good, so I decided to get GIMPShop and I need help starting up. Can someone help me to a) improve that gun, and b) teach me how to do it in GIMPShop?

Well, it seems the first step for your improvement would be to learn how to use vanishing points and perspective. It looks really rough.

The tutorial should be easily adapted to whatever program you're using, provided you have a good understanding of how to use the program (you might look up a tutorial for GIMPShop, if you feel that's necessary).

Judge-in my tutorial:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29341
I have posted a lot of links to sites that explain perspective, 1, 2 and 3 vanishing points (tough for most occasions on doom guns 1 point is enough).
Easily You can see the gun sorta "grows" toward the screen. It's parallel lines should actually shrink to simulate depth ;)
Furthermore, my tutorial, altough represented in PSP should be easily executable in Gimp as well. I don't know if Gimp has layers tough, I know about it's brush controls, but for such guns You only need the flood fill and 1 pixel brush ;) if Gimp has layers it'll be much easier for You.

I know it is kinda stupid to ask, but could you possibly do a photoshop friendly tutorial? Somethings in PSP are not in PS, and vice versa.

Chrono_T said:

I know it is kinda stupid to ask, but could you possibly do a photoshop friendly tutorial? Somethings in PSP are not in PS, and vice versa.

I thought that was the other way around?

To Chrono:
The problem is not the program You use but knowledge You need to make weapons. The biggest emphasize in my tutorial is put onto the knowledge of perspective and "shading" (correct light values) with some details and using layers to spice things up. You can do that in PS if You know Your program. I will not teach You using Photoshop. Use a helpfile.

To everyone else:
I apologize but my other projects need more attention right now that I came to realization (one of them is Haze..)
I kindly ask not to submit any more weapon requests (yes Sitters and WW, I remember about You).

Chrono_T said:

Not so lazy Chrono_T, there are thousands tutorials on the web for photoshop to learn.

Greetings.