Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xenaero

The /newstuff Chronicles #219

It's good to see another CTF megawad out there, and the concept of Rex's map sounds interesting, otherwise it is a typical week bloated with a few too many 94/95 maps.

Why is it everybody blows off my map :(.

The review mainly does it. It didn't appeal to me so I ignored it. I usually like to play unique ideas and concepts instead of the same old gameplay over and over again.

The review obviously doesn't seem to be a good thing to go by, since his map has absolutely nothing to do with the Gauntlet.

cyber-menace said:

Lutrov and Jow? I don't know what you're smoking, but the only Lutrov map up there is Lutrov and Cyber-Menace. I'm not Jow... anyways enough of my ranting.

I had made a map with Jow a while ago this year, so I think he got a bit confused. :D

It's nice to see that people like No Brakes. Me and Cyber put a lot of damn effort into that map. It started production last year.

Also, these reviews are not very good...

DD_133 said:

Well then, what i've learned from this expierence (sp?) is that I should look at every wad in XWE. :p

All I know is that I'd be pissed if a map I made and spent a lot of time on got a shitty review like that.

So uh, why doesn't whoever keeps uploading all these old levels just upload ALL OF THEM and get it over with.

I've re-uploaded my DM maps with the permissions changed, so they can be used/abused as people want. No need for a review.

I don't see the point of whining about all the old uploads, people do upload for reasons other than the /newstuff chronicles. The Jim Flynn map, albeit crap, is historic to some for being a Jim Flynn map so I'm glad it's in the archives. Whether or not it actually needs a review is another question.

Linguica said:
So uh, why doesn't whoever keeps uploading all these old levels just upload ALL OF THEM and get it over with.

Probably because it's different people occasionally finding stuff they'd like saved in the well-known archive? Plus it's not like flooding Ty and some reviewer with 2000 randomly uploaded files is a very civilized thing to do.