Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eugene

Memento Mori II demos [-complevel 2]

D2ALL UV-Max in 3:51:34

mm2all-25134.zip

D2ALL is eventually done. My goal this time is to get under 4 hours.  It wasn't that difficult and I got the desired record at the first finish. I played most of the maps very carefully and my time was quite slow in the later maps. My runs were in vain because of the failures on map 27 and map 29, which took a long time to reach. I think that caused quite a bit of mental damage and made me reluctant to play in the later maps.

MAP19 UV-Max in 12:49

I have a question for SAV88 (and others): do you still think that MAP19 max in 9:xx is feasible for a human? I mean, this demo is very far from amazing, but... 3 minutes faster than this?

EDIT: Please don't upload to DSDA. Obsolete.

m219-1249.zip

Edited by Plut

MAP19 UV-Max in 11:46

Ok, this was easy enough. How hard would be 10:xx though?

m2191146.zip

EDIT: Please don't upload to DSDA. Obsolete.

Edited by Plut

Great work, @Plut! And yes, 9:XX is humanly doable too. I was trying to reach the exit in some of the later years but got distracted by various other things.

@SAV88, yeah, I see that it should be possible now, and 10:xx should be quite within reach for me with a few hundred more tries, but 9:xx looks like it would require pulling some mad tricks and possibly weeks of grinding.

12 hours ago, SAV88 said:

Great work, @Plut! And yes, 9:XX is humanly doable too. I was trying to reach the exit in some of the later years but got distracted by various other things.

isnt summer time an amazing time to play a bit and grant us a nice present Artem (:

6 minutes ago, Plut said:

@blob1024, just wait, maybe you'll get that present yet ;).

oh btw great demo of yours !

just saw it: great pace and good planning in most of the fights, goodluck for the 09:xx target

Sorry, no demo this time, just thoughts and feelings of a whiny crybaby who wants to vent.

So, since posting my 11:12 max for MAP19 I made 585 more attempts on this map (including accidental false starts) and haven't managed to get anything below 11 minutes. Just today I got two 11:11s, each missing one monster (the second one misses the very last mancubus by the exit switch, I desperately made the 3rd shot and pressed the switch, but 3 shots weren't enough for the motherfucker). Even though my 11:12 looks quite sloppy in places, I underestimated how lucky I got with the enemy behavior, especially in the green stone area with pain elementals (which didn't spawn too many lost souls) and with the horribly slow monster teleportation by the teleport back to the hub. I think I'm gonna give up, at least for now.

@Poncho1 Yes. In the area with the green brick right before you jump into the teleport that takes you back to the hub area you have to deal with a bunch of monsters that teleport in, however there is only one spawn point for them, the room itself is very small (so the monsters that have already teleported in prevent the others from teleporting), and the room which they teleport from is really large, so an enemy might wander around for a long time without crossing the teleport trigger. In many attempts I had to wait for like 30 seconds or even more for someone to teleport in. There's a similar problem with 5 sergeants that teleport to the other side of a window, but it's much less severe.