Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FDA for ultra ; many, many deaths, doesn't complete.

I really enjoyed that one. The speed at which you can produce high quality and good looking slaughtermaps amazes me. :)

I felt the start was a bit rough and luck-based with so much hitscanning, but playing it pacifist for a bit it works.

It's possible for the player to get stuck in sector 112 and sector 143.

The mancubus/cybie room could use a megasphere. It's actually harder, in my opinion, than the arachnotron/mastermind room ; and lacking health in the mancubus room means you're pretty much screwed if it's the second one you go in and lack health.

On that note, I thought the archviles being freed as soon as you have the two switches done, hence ripping you to shreds when you teleport back, was a bit harsh. I understand you want them to rez stuff a bit, and that's fine, it's mostly the insta-archvile flames while still stuck on the teleport (and disoriented by teleporting :P) that I find annoying.

I was thinking having an extra 128x128 sector (at 192 height ; basically replacing the MARBFAR1 texture) on top of the map, right next to the teleport leading to the BFG, as a teleport destination for the mancubus and arachnotron rooms could be nice. This way, you wouldn't have archviles shooting at you right away, and you wouldn't have hellknights mobbing around the tower either before you can see them.

Hehe thanks :)

Ugh. That start is really rough yeah :/ But I think it works. You can also blast away the imps with rockets and then run for the switch when the cybie walks away from it and then get the megasphere and teleport to the bfg. Like I said, I made this with running in mind ;)

I made a new teleport destination from the mancubi and spider rooms.

Soulsphere in the mancubi room.

You can no longer get stuck behind those stairs.

updated version: http://www.mediafire.com/?dufqnzqoz2bil08

Oh shit. That's a really really sad grain of salt there. Left alone and stuck in a plutonia room and with a nosebleed too! :( That problem is solved in the latest version.

Well. The chaingunners are a bit lame I agree. But I don't know how to make it hard without something shooting at you :/ Imps are just worthless cannonfodder and shottys are just as bad as chaingunners IMO. My best advice is to just get the fuck out of there hehe.

phml cleared the map with ease in ~20 attempts or so. So I don't think it's too unfair. But maybe it gives no other option but the get out of there, wich makes the map kind of a one-tactic-map. But there are several ways to deal with the rest of the maps situations wich could lead to several interesting speed runs.

well played phml. It's always a pleasure to watch you play my maps. And thanks for the feedback grain of salt!

Haha. Do you mean that Phml clearing a map with ease really doesn't say much about difficulty? :P

Phml: would you mind sharing a max on cat? I still haven't maxed the map properly. Everytime I clear the secret area it's all about luck, so I want to see how you intented it to be.

okuplok: The revenant area is much better now. I wouldn't mind a soulsphere somewhere near the blue key, cause that area is hard as fuck right now :/ I haven't come close to clearing that area. But maybe that says more about me than your map hehe.

Here's a Cat demo from september.

Not necessarily the way I intended for the map to be played ; I didn't really have speedrunning in mind when making it, and it shows. Clearing the stragglers in particular takes a good half of the total time (granted, I am particulary inefficient at it). Now that I think about it from a speed perspective it's probably dumb for me to go right away to the secret area, should instead pick up the normal blue key, trigger the final fight and go clear the secret area while stuff infights in the final room.

That said, what I'm doing in this run is fairly reliable. In the secret area, deaths every now and then from stray rockets while unseen spectres are hampering movement can happen, but paying attention it's possible to stay alive most of the time.

Nice demo. You played a very rough kamikaze style, especially in the exit-room when you ran around chaingunners with 11HP, fairly reliable my ass :P. That invuln needs to be saved for surviving the revenant horde in the secret area I can tell. At least now I know that a max is doable. I've been cursing alot on this map cause I just couldn't figure out how to use the invuln's as effective as possible.

You could also change the imps for revenants? cause right now it's not really a threat to run in there and pick up the cells. Archies on the platform would be great. You could go over the top and add 6-8 archies I think. Or maybe add 1-2 archies on the pillar and some barons to go with the cybies? By "some" barons I mean ALOT of barons ;) And don't forget to add some more RL ammo if you´re gonna add barons.

Download: em1all

This is map33 from em116.wad (the original map didn't have an exit). But it uses dehacked to make the chainsaw into an infinite ammo bfg. Does anyone's map use the chainsaw? Also, does anyone's map use the Nazi? If so, I could put the dehacked in a separate file.

TimeOfDeath said:

IMG

Is this a pink BFG or huge implanted penis with a muzzle brake?
Because I'm confused.

ellmo said:

Is this a pink BFG or huge implanted penis with a muzzle brake?
Because I'm confused.

TimeOfDeath said:

But it uses dehacked to make the chainsaw into an infinite ammo bfg.

This.

My first map uses caco corpses and my second will as well so I would be fairly nonplussed if they were removed.

I don't use the chainsaw or the nazi so I guess I could live with those specific changes, but I'm still not comfortable with dehacked and sprite changes midway into a project. In my opinion, that's the kind of stuff that should be defined right at start, not that late.

... We already had this exact same conversation earlier, haven't we?

hey guys

danne, add some code were archviles can make sargeants and chaingunners to explode when youre going too close to it, if it want to :]

Phml - you're right, sorry about that. Without the dehacked and new sprites, the em1all map is still totally playable (it's like playing all maps in em116 one after the other). But I will make a separate wad that has the dehacked & sprites, and DoomHero can add it to the zip if he wants, with a note in the txt file. Is that ok?

ellmo said:

So a DEHACKED patch explains the pink color?

The chainsaw sprites were replaced with the pink bfg ones.

But I will make a separate wad that has the dehacked & sprites, and DoomHero can add it to the zip if he wants, with a note in the txt file. Is that ok?

I'm cool with that option.

Perhaps as a zipped file within the zip (because otherwise you just know some people are going to ignore the text file and run every available file together), but it's not a big deal, as long as it's in a separate file.

That's cool. Even if people ignore the txt file, the map would still be playable without the infinite ammo bfg (it'll just take way longer and you don't get the normal bfg until near the end).

ellmo said:

So a DEHACKED patch explains the pink color?

Pink? What’s the matter with pink?

Updated version of em1all with map and dehacked separated into two wads. The dehacked wad has an infinite ammo bfg that replaces the chainsaw.

Download: em1all (same link as before)

All of the pink bfg sprites were made fullbright so they don't look brown in darker areas.

Phml - sorry I misunderstood you. Yeah, zipping the dehacked wad sounds good to help prevent people from automatically using it on the other maps.

Small Mouse update. The final fight is playable - and done as it is from my point of view, but feedback and FDAs are always good. There's some performance issues (that choppiness again), I'll take care of it later on when everything else is done.