Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yep, it's ok. :P

Personally I would encourage the idea of you taking a look at it.

OK here's a fix for map 15.

It's still a crappy map though. I didn't put too much love into this tbh, but some tweaks were made, making it harder but much more fair. No more SSG vs barons (that could seriously be the most boring fight ever). Slaughter gamplay doesn't really play well in maps with a more traditional 1994 design.

Edit: I also noticed a bug in DH's map "waffles". You can't get out of the YK room once the RK door has closed. It's pretty crucial if you want to clear the map. Is this evidence that DH can't beat his own rape maps? hah! ;)

GoS - I like that picture as well, thanks.

danne - is that your final version of map15? if so I'll add it to the wad

Phml - would you mind if I tried editing map31? Your reply sounded very uncertain, so I wanted to ask :) (but if you do plan on editing it, I won't touch it)

DoomHero - are your maps the final version?

ToD: I don't know. It would be great if someone could take a look at it and tell how it plays now. I tried to apply changes without having to rebuild the map to much cause it's so boring. At least I've tried :P

@TOD- I knew I wanted to try but I'm not sure I'll deliver, at least in an acceptable timeframe, hence the wording. :)

You could just as well do your own edits and we could compare our results. You know I don't mind if yours ends up being the best one!

I'm rebuilding it from scratch, keeping the same concept. So far I've mapped the final room (roughly, needs more stuff), and everything else is done on paper so it's just a matter of finding free time and the willpower to move around these little vertices. I figure I'll post it here as soon as the layout is done, saves time if I'm not the only one playtesting.

I'm hoping to have something to show by the end of this weekend.

@danne- I remember playing the original and I didn't get past the revenant spam (second room after building) before getting killed repeatedly and wandering off bored, while on your version I did go further, so that's already good. One thing a bit further that felt like bullshit was the archviles teleporting behind my back right as a revenant horde came charging in front of me. I didn't even hear the archviles so by the time I tried to back up there was already 5-6 ressurected revenants and HKs (or whatever) scratching me from behind. At which point I typed IDDQD and ran around, and of course as soon as I cheat I lose interest so yeah. :)

Just a quick inquiry, Danne do you intend to make your maps coop friendly or leave them as they are? Can't get into doors on 'True Violence' either if a player dies and someones outside. Add teles in coop?

danne - I thought map15fix played fine all the way through. imo, I don't think anything needs to be changed, unless we're making a wad designed for FDAs. :)

One major thing though, some of the sectors are screwed up: splash damage is disabled in those sectors and monsters don't attack you when you're standing in those sectors (stand in one of the corners of the exit room with the archviles, for example). Rebuilding the nodes should fix it. Are all of your maps like that?

Phml - That's ok, as long as someone's working on it. It's all you. :)

Bloodite - For map05 I see coop weapons for all player starts in sf2011v3. Are you testing in single or coop mode?

MAP31 - I just played the original version and, to be honest, I really liked it. The only thing I would do is add some ammo here and there (so you don't have to backtrack so much) and a bit more health, plus fix a couple bugs (put a teleport destination for the arrow secret, and make the slime/water damaging).

I know Phml will make a good map, but I just wanted to say that I did like the original.

Bloodite Krypto said:

Just a quick inquiry, Danne do you intend to make your maps coop friendly or leave them as they are? Can't get into doors on 'True Violence' either if a player dies and someones outside. Add teles in coop?

I'll fix the maps so they work in coop. Give me the weekend out and I'll re upload the maps. Thanks for reminding me about this stuff.

danne - I think those sector problems with map15 were a bug in prboom-plus 2503. I tried 2506 and 2512 and there are no problems.

In 2503:

In the left pic, you can shoot against the wall with rockets and not hurt yourself. In the right pic, you can trigger the archviles, then stand in the corner and they'll walk towards you but won't attack you.

Heh, you are not too difficult to please. :p

But yeah, it works, so I guess you can just move on. If phml did some serious changes, his remake could replace one of DH's unplayable maps if DH doesn't mind.

If TOD's edit works, I might as well release my map separately, in SF2012 or something. It wouldn't really fit in the middle of DH's maps, plus it's a bit silly of me to start a new map from scratch in the middle of january for a project that was supposed to end last year. :)

I don't mind, I think Butt Donuts might not actually be possible, and I didn't originally intend on it being in the project anyway. Waffles, eh, I don't know. I can't beat it, but I'm not as good as some of you and I figured someone would figure out a way to do it. Same with Soup. Leave in what you think will eventually be doable and take out the level that makes you think "not possible" immediately. Anyway my huge map still isn't complete, so the majority of my work on SF2K12 will go to that map.

Phml - Yeah, sorry for editing that map while you're remaking it from scratch. I just felt bad for Zom-B because after I played his map I thought it was already playable with a couple fixes. Good point about starting a new map from scratch in January - I remember I gave DoomHero a sarcastic comment about working on his map in January ;). I think it'd be awesome if you released your map in SF2012 - a remake of a SF2011 map.

Allright, I had a little closer look at DH's maps and my feelings weren't exactly positive. I changed a bit of stuff with map 17, but it eventually became so easy it wasn't even considerable as slaughter. So I abandoned it and went for map 18. Obviously it was just another random mash-up of monsters and ammo without much/any thought whatsoever, but somehow I ended up wasting a good while with it. It still ended up as an abomination though. Here, have fun.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/map18fix.zip

Also added a maxdemo. Sorry but it's coupled with the rest of maps, it didn't want textures to appear so I left it like this.

j4rio - I stripped the wad of everything but textures/flats for that very reason, if you want to use it as a resource wad: linky.

(There's also my map in there, which isn't playable just yet, but it's in a separate wad, so you don't have to remove anything from SF2011TEXplus).

Scrap the map 18 fix, it is possible. ggg beat it before he was banned. Look at map 19 j4rio. Thanks for looking at 17 though. I did try a little harder at good monster placement in 18 which is why personally it's my favorite of the bunch. I don't know why you thought that it was just a mash up of random monsters.

Well I don't care at all really. If peeps like your version more, it's totally free to go to final wad.

Phml - Did you mean to post your map in the 2012 thread? :)
The beginning looked cool for about 1 second, then I got a signal 11 error heh.