Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caffeine Freak

Anybody else grabbing 'Heart of the Swarm' tomorrow?

Purchase digital version at midnight and start playing right away. Campaign is silly as WOL, as expected. Then create a few games against AI to familiarize with new shortcuts (Widow mine and Hellbat) and to practice build orders. Tonight im going to play my match places, hope get in gold or platinum. So far multiplayer looks funnier than WOL and new terran toys seems good. Gonna ladder all the weekend and maybe play 3 or 4 missions for the campaign.

I got it and have been playing (SP Campaign) for about an hour. Only did two missions so far, but I can safely say it's well above and beyond the somewhat lacklustre Wings of Liberty campaign. Things could change from here on and out, but it's just SO much better so far. Excellent stuff.
That said, I just finished the extreme 3~4/10 shitfest called Crysis 3 and after that even DNF would be a treat. Good call on not buying that one, caff ;)

Nah, Starcraft single player isn't interesting (stupid story and boring missions) and I've not played the multiplayer in quite some time. Plus, I've still not forgiven Blizz for D3.

I'm tempted to pick it up... haven't really played SC since the days of broodwar and ye olde b.net. Not sure if I'm korean enough to play multiplayer and not get seriously owned though

Ribbiks said:

I'm tempted to pick it up... haven't really played SC since the days of broodwar and ye olde b.net. Not sure if I'm korean enough to play multiplayer and not get seriously owned though

At the bottom of the ladder, the matchmaking works fairly well, in my experience. You get the odd smurf account every now and then, but you're still going to win about half of your games; and if you're inactive, you get downgraded, so your winning rate skyrockets. It's certainly much more open to casual play than SC1 used to be.

I just impulse bought it online. Mostly for the single player, as multiplayer stresses me out far more than the entertainment I get from it.

Been playing it for a few hours. So far a better campaign than Wings of Liberty.

I don't get people who will buy all three parts at launch just for the campaigns. It's a generic space opera, and they went from "I'll kill you Kerrigan" to "I love you Kerrigan".

as multiplayer stresses me out far more than the entertainment I get from it.

I had such period when i decided to seriously main Humans in WC3, to play competitively. After some time however, it passed, and i've began to see clearly during battles, and stay calm the whole time. Awesome feel brah, very gosu.

I'll wait until Legacy of the Void comes out to buy it, don't want to miss any multiplayer units.