Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

[RELEASE] Plutonia 1024

Here is a more difficult version of Blood Waves:
New version available.
I am a little nervous because I was never good at finding the right balance. I have only completed this with the dehacked file. I fixed the doortracks too.

Update: SCROLL DOWN FOR NEW VERSION!

Updated link to Fellspring. Added a bit more health, some more ammunition, made sure you couldn't skip part of the map because of the secret(seriously, it negated the yellow key entirely), moved the Imps in the lower area so you could get the sniping monster and replaced most of the marble with A_TILE. I managed to beat it on UV, so it should be alright now.

Fixed the issue Keyboard_Doomer mentioned, so my map should hopefully be bug free now. As always the link remains the same.

NoneeLlama: This map seems ok to me.

FullMoonDog: I think you have made the map too hard now. It's far too easy to become trapped in parts of the map by the numerous Archviles - they kept reviving monsters in the tiny corridor area so that it's near impossible to get past.

Captain Toenail said:

NoneeLlama: This map seems ok to me.

FullMoonDog: I think you have made the map too hard now. It's far too easy to become trapped in parts of the map by the numerous Archviles - they kept reviving monsters in the tiny corridor area so that it's near impossible to get past.

Actually I managed to beat the map, basically you need to know when happens what. It's a pretty tactical map. But I understand. It was too easy, now it's too hard. Alright, I see what can I do about it. Thanks for the feedback :)

Btw: when I played coop with my friend on the map, some of the teleports didn't worked, is that because if you and your friend die the monsters become calm (wich means they don't try to catch you)?

So... Any things i can change to surrounded? or its already done? since i would really know if it need another set of enemies or less ammo - health in the map. to make it feel with the right difficult level for the map.

Just gave it a whirl Z0k and it seems fine to me. The new windows make the level appear even larger. I don't think I could really suggest any improvements other than to make it a wee bit harder somehow.

Breezeep said:

So, Anyone want to give me suggestions about the latest version of my map?

check the OP! :)

On a similar note, I still need feedback on my updated map. Also feel free to remove Artifice from the list, there's no way I'll be able to Plutonify it completely.

@Captain Toenail

well i always replay my level to see what i can do but i dont see what i can improve unless there some feedback to make it better, though i made today another update to make it a bit harder.

July 25th Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?ym1skdu6kkab94k

Monsters:
-Removed the lost souls that teleport in once players activate swicht, now the swicht will teleport 4 monsters that surround the player: 2 imps, 1 shotgun guy, 1 chaingunner

-Once the player hit the yellow swicht, a chaingunner and a baron of hell will spawn inside the base to make "Interesting" the things for the camper who like to camp near of the entrance to kill cacodemons.

Items
-Added 1 more stimpack
-Removed 1 cell charge (small)
-Added 2 more rockets.

Tell me if it alright or if i still need to make changes to my map.

Will appreciate the feedback (like if i should remove the new chaingunners to replace it with other monster like shotgunners or imps, or if isnt enough health for the amount of monsters that the map have, etc). Unless the map its alright to go

Obsidian said:

On a similar note, I still need feedback on my updated map. Also feel free to remove Artifice from the list, there's no way I'll be able to Plutonify it completely.

Working on it :)

I'm gonna play all the unreviewed maps today and write up reviews for all of them, or OK them, if I struggle to find anything wrong with them.

Keep in mind, anyone currently working on a map, I'm mainly looking for:

- Compatibility with prboom complevel 9. (if you made your map Limit Removing, you should be okay.)
- Difficulty settings! There should be a considerable difference in all skill settings.
- visible errors, like HOM effects, unpegged lines, stuck monsters, broken or exploitable traps, etc.
- Fun and reasonably challenging gameplay ala the original Plutonia, including a difficulty curve that gets progressively harder as you get closer to the exit. Although mostly subjective, it's a pretty important feature of Plutonia that should be preserved in this mapset.
- Enough ammunition to kill all the monsters on the map from pistol start, and with some to spare. All items obtainable, and secrets are accessible.
- an obvious inspiration from the original Plutonia Experiment, regarding visuals and theme. Extra subjective, so I'll be easy on it.
- Music choice taken from Doom, Doom 2, pl2.wad, prcp.wad, or plutonia midi pack. (Though if this comes up, I'll just send you a PM asking for a music choice, and I'll put it in myself. no need to upload a new wad)
- Extraneous stuff like coop/deathmatch starts and multiplayer things may be allowed but not necessary. Keep in mind the text file will explicitly say "Single Player: Yes - Cooperative: No) Also 3D mode cameras should be deleted too.

Upsie... small fix July 26th update: https://www.mediafire.com/?ym1skdu6kkab94k

-Removed 3d visual mode camera
-Moved chaingunner teleporter

Still need feedback if the changes i made on july 25 and today its ok or if was too "unfair" in terms of enemies that teleport in the map.

Fellowzdoomer said:

EDIT: Why did you call this project Plutinya 1024 and not Plutonia 1024?

Because the 1024 size means claustrophobic and clauster is inside, it's like a pun; "Plutonia" and "Plutinya", 'in' and 'on' are the differences since plutonia is mostly based on outdoors.
EDIT:Right?

Fellowzdoomer said:

Why did you call this project Plutinya 1024 and not Plutonia 1024?

I think that's because it's just sounds more original. I like it :D

Plu'tiny'a, lol.

One thing that could be checked is to make sure all the Plutonia start/exit pads are correct. Phobus mentioned this earlier in the thread - The pad is 20 units tall, with the centre light another 10 units above that. The pad is 0 brightness with a 255 bright centre with that glowing sector action.

^this is for you DB2 users. I'm basically challenging myself, though. (Thinking of a Sector of Death-esque map)

Also, haha "Plu Tiny a". I pronounce Plu-tin-ya

Captain Toenail said:

One thing that could be checked is to make sure all the Plutonia start/exit pads are correct. Phobus mentioned this earlier in the thread - The pad is 20 units tall, with the centre light another 10 units above that. The pad is 0 brightness with a 255 bright centre with that glowing sector action.

Looks like that is something I should fix.

I've been watching this thread for a while, but I finally decided to put a map together a couple days ago. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f3g2roi1glm38g/p1024-Surreily.wad. This is my first submission to a community project and my first 1024 map (although I've been making maps for many years).

There are a couple things I'm not too sure about regarding gameplay - I've done my best to playtest many, many times and try to get the gameplay right, but as we all know, the worst playtester for a map is its creator! So please, any feedback would be fantastic - especially regarding gameplay! Is it too easy? Too hard? Are some parts too brutal?

If this does make it into the project, I would prefer to have a map slot with a red sky - it looks awesome with the blood. Thanks!

And yes, the entrance/exit things are exactly the same as the ones in Plutonia :)

Surreily said:

I've done my best to playtest many, many times and try to get the gameplay right, but as we all know, the worst playtester for a map is its creator! So please, any feedback would be fantastic - especially regarding gameplay! Is it too easy? Too hard? Are some parts too brutal?

This is true :) I played your map, and it's really easy comapred to the others, and if I say that it's easy, it means it's easy as nothing else (because I am really average at playing Doom). But I liked it, the design is nice (better than mine that's for sure). I don't know however why you used a teleporter as a lift (maybe it's a trap? But if is a trap, then I think it should be faster). And the Archville is easy to notice before you step into that room. I am not a tester, I just tried it out, I think you will need to make it harder, but good job ;)

This is true :) I played your map, and it's really easy comapred to the others, and if I say that it's easy, it means it's easy as nothing else (because I am really average at playing Doom). But I liked it, the design is nice (better than mine that's for sure). I don't know however why you used a teleporter as a lift (maybe it's a trap? But if is a trap, then I think it should be faster). And the Archville is easy to notice before you step into that room. I am not a tester, I just tried it out, I think you will need to make it harder, but good job ;)

Alright, thank you for the feedback - I'll have a look and see what I can do tomorrow (can't do it tonight I'm afraid). I think I might remove the teleporter 'trap' and change it to just be a hole, maybe add more teleporting monsters, do something about that archvile, and generally increase the difficulty. Once again, thanks!

Surreily said:

Alright, thank you for the feedback - I'll have a look and see what I can do tomorrow (can't do it tonight I'm afraid). I think I might remove the teleporter 'trap' and change it to just be a hole, maybe add more teleporting monsters, do something about that archvile, and generally increase the difficulty. Once again, thanks!

As I mentioned I am not a tester, just someone who made a map for the project, so I can be wrong, I just shared my personal experience :)

So, uh, are custom textures allowed? I just made a switch texture that goes along with the wall texture I'm using "A-BRICK7".

EDIT: Never mind. My switch texture doesn't work.

I'm naming my level "@ the Place 'O' Death".

This accidentally turned into a Plutonia 1024 slaughtermap. Oops.

Bugs: during one of my testing periods, blood pools were on the ceiling. I have an image of this. Also, watery floor turns into the Telepad texture. Some sectors turned to be in 1200 in floor/ceiling (should be 600.)

I don't really like this one. This is my first map in 1024, I'm not used to the crampedness. Reviews? Bugs you found? Suggestions?