Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

I made two demos for Eviternity II RC5.wad

Map 33. I tried Turbo 255 on one of them but I didn't get a "Player is Turbo!" message in DSDA (Maybe it has been removed?) I tried -turbo 255 and did notice some higher strafe amd move values. It has been a long time since I played around with turbo.

Anyways, I got one "turboed" and one not. More of a "Swag" TAS than speed.

I seen the map and knew it had to be done. Thought it would look cool. Anyways let me know what you think.  Complevel 21 btw.

swagmap33.zip

On 2/13/2024 at 10:55 AM, NoReason said:

Ancient Aliens UV-Speed TAS in 25:47 aad2allx-2547.zip

An improvement over my previous TAS.

And a quite spectacular one, I have to say!

Spoiler

Chillax MAP 21 UV-MAX [TAS] in 1:19:46                                                                                                                                                                                       

Chillax21MAP11946.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Tetral said:

Holy Hell Revealed UV-MAX [TAS] in 3:18:44

HHRuvmax[tas].zip

Hey, please reupload this with a textfile like the following for DSDA:

PWAD: something.wad
PWAD Name: Name
Map: ##
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: player_name
Description:

Also, did you use the SD or HD version of the WAD?

2 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, please reupload this with a textfile like the following for DSDA:

HHRuvmax[tas]31844.zip

Thanks for the info. I recorded on the SD version but I tried the demo on the HD and it seems to work fine.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:57 AM, Tetral said:

HHRuvmax[tas]31844.zip

Thanks for the info. I recorded on the SD version but I tried the demo on the HD and it seems to work fine.

This is awesome! I love HHR and it's super cool to see someone finally posting a demo of it, TAS or otherwise. I viddumped it to watch it myself, it's a nice beefy 25GB file. It might be nice to throw the footage on Youtube so people can easily watch it; if you're okay with that let me know and I'd be happy to upload it!

On 2/18/2024 at 4:27 PM, Tetral said:

HHRuvmax[tas]31844.zip

Thanks, yeah, uploaded the demo, cool to see any run of this map exist. I couldn't get it to work on HD, but maybe it's an issue with my computer crashing on it or something. Either way, that file was quite a large size, so I uploaded only SD to DSDA, not sure the current DSDA file size limits can handle the other one. :p

15 hours ago, grapes said:

This is awesome! I love HHR and it's super cool to see someone finally posting a demo of it, TAS or otherwise. I viddumped it to watch it myself, it's a nice beefy 25GB file. It might be nice to throw the footage on Youtube so people can easily watch it; if you're okay with that let me know and I'd be happy to upload it!

Cool, if you do, you can post to this thread, and I can link that video from DSDA.

On 2/21/2024 at 4:39 AM, 4shockblast said:

Thanks, yeah, uploaded the demo, cool to see any run of this map exist. I couldn't get it to work on HD, but maybe it's an issue with my computer crashing on it or something. Either way, that file was quite a large size, so I uploaded only SD to DSDA, not sure the current DSDA file size limits can handle the other one. :p

Cool, if you do, you can post to this thread, and I can link that video from DSDA.

I wanted to give Tetral a chance to respond before posting it, so hopefully he's okay with it!

Chillax MAP 11 UV-MAX [TAS] in 20:07                                                                                                                                                                                         

Chillax11MAP2007.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Spoiler

Chillax MAP 16 UV-MAX [TAS] in 23:53                                                                                                                                                                                       

Chillax16MAP2353.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Spoiler

Entropy MAP 01 UV-MAX [TAS] in 17:20                                                                                                                                                                                     

Entropy1x1720.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Spoiler

On 4/3/2024 at 9:52 AM, Red Recluse said:

Entropy MAP 01 UV-MAX [TAS] in 17:20                                                                                                                                                                                  

I think this might be recorded with an old version of the WAD. Didn't play back for me.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

I think this might be recorded with an old version of the WAD. Didn't play back for me.

Didn't Star have a desync issue with this wad? I recall Kraf saying the reason was that older DSDAs will read the old nodes and 0.26 and newer reads the new nodes

Posted (edited)

Chillax MAP 18 UV-MAX [TAS] in 51:38                                                                                                                                                                                         

Chillax18MAP5138.zip                                                                                                                                                                                  

Spoiler

Edited by Red Recluse

CyboFun2 D2All Pacifist in 1:02 - cballx102.zip 

This is an edit of cball103.lmp by @4shockblast, which you can download here or view on YouTube here. It has a Map04 that is 1 second faster, a little punching added to Map03 to alter RNG for Map04, and a slightly faster Map06 (just by tics, not seconds). I'd like to stress that this is still mostly shocks work.

YouTube:

Spoiler

Posted (edited)

Flotsam MAP 6 UV-MAX [TAS] in 4:26                                                                                                                                                         

Flotsam6x426.zip                                                                                                                                                                                       

Spoiler

Edited by Red Recluse