Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

2 minutes ago, ShallowB said:

BIGGESTDOOR

We're reaching the limit for width.... next, he's gonna... go taller!!!

AFAIRLYBIGDOORALTHOUGHITCOULDPROBABLYBEEVENWIDERCONSIDERINGTHISONEWOULDNTEVENBEABLETOFITTWOSPIDERMASTERMINDSSIDEBYSIDE.png

I have changed the lower part of the 320 and 384 pixel wide BIGDOORs a little bit. So they are more in line with the original BIGDOORs.

There are plans that doors in 192 Pixel width and doors in 512 pixels width will come. 512 pixels should be really enough for really wide industrial complex doors. And there should fit two Spider Masterminds easy.

I have ideas for BIGDOORS with heights taller than 128 pixels height and they will come. But for now i look first to complete the wide versions.  

Edit: Deleted textures, because i posted newer versions with my texturepack on page 136.

Edited by Meerschweinmann : Deleted textures, because i posted newer versions with my texturepack on page 136.

11 minutes ago, Meerschweinmann said:

Here is a preview of the 512 pixel wide BIGDOOR in DOOM. At the moment i'm not 100% fine with it.

BD512.png

I love it, but maybe it's too symmetrical? Assymetry feels more organic. 

I can't decide which side is better. The left side or the right side?

17 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

I love it, but maybe it's too symmetrical? Assymetry feels more organic. 

Sure, that is right. I think it is to clean. With more damage here and there it would be not so symmetrical. But it should look faithful to the original BIGDOOR.

altBDR1281Z.png

4 minutes ago, Meerschweinmann said:

I can't decide which side is better. The left side or the right side?

I like the left side better.

4 minutes ago, Meerschweinmann said:

altBDR1281Z.png

We're reaching door widths that shouldn't even be possible!

12 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

I like the left side better.

We're reaching door widths that shouldn't even be possible!

I like the left side also a little better too. Then so should it be.

Yes, 512 pixels width is the maximum i will do. That's really wide. Don`t forget, in game the texture is strechted 20% in its height. In game it looks better.

Finally...

SP_HOTFL.png.69cb4c7105e1063156a4951c32ca9926.png

SP_HOTFL!!!

1 hour ago, Meerschweinmann said:

Yes, 512 pixels width is the maximum i will do. That's really wide. Don`t forget, in game the texture is strechted 20% in its height. In game it looks better.

It looks really amazing already, friend. I love your fascination with the tekdoors.

That's kind of hilarious but amazing. I think we'll be seeing those wide doors in many future wads. Great work!

Here are the 512 pixel wide BIGDOORS.

Edit: Deleted textures, because i have uploaded later newer Versions.

Edited by Meerschweinmann

On 11/18/2023 at 9:11 PM, Craneo said:

xmasdooroverlayremake.png.cdd34e9797fb8eabd1f2282117f39ee2.png
a remake of the old xmas bigdoor overlay
DOOR2_4.png.a0dd3b25400cdfe192c959b2ddf80126.png
example I guess

Could I use this to make more "snowy" and "Christmassy" textures? I love these themes too. Example:

image.png.c0cffc80ce8adce9c31d01f7176267db.png

Edit: Okay, this is actually really cool!

hdjGC3i.png

Edited by DoomGappy

27 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Could I use this to make more "snowy" and "Christmassy" textures? I love these themes too. Example:

image.png.c0cffc80ce8adce9c31d01f7176267db.png

sure, go ahead

A quick copy and paste test of a 768 pixel wide BIGDOOR :) Although i said i won't do more than 512 pixels, it did not look so bad as expected.

32 pixels more height would be good.

1 hour ago, Meerschweinmann said:

A quick copy and paste test of a 768 pixel wide BIGDOOR :) Although i said i won't do more than 512 pixels, it did not look so bad as expected.

32 pixels more height would be good.

BD768.png

Does not look bad. Could be used in situations where a swarm of enemies invade a certain area after it's opened. Very cinematic.

2 hours ago, Craneo said:

sure, go ahead

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Does not look bad. Could be used in situations where a swarm of enemies invade a certain area after it's opened. Very cinematic.

For slaughtermaps with wide areas it would be fine.

3 minutes ago, Meerschweinmann said:

For slaughtermaps with wide areas it would be fine.

would be cool if it had a sort of "warning" sign too, like similar to the "poison" and "radiation" ones except it says like "invasion" or "rush"? idk

34 minutes ago, Craneo said:

would be cool if it had a sort of "warning" sign too, like similar to the "poison" and "radiation" ones except it says like "invasion" or "rush"? idk

I have some radiation, poison and warning signs. I could make some separate versions with them when i have the doors fine.

But first i want to make some more than 128 pixel height versions.

One last post for today. I think these 786 pixel wide fast copy and paste door looks better. Every max 256 pixels should be such a midsection with the two red horizontal stripes in the lower area.

Otherwise it looks to "clean".

12 minutes ago, Meerschweinmann said:

One last post for today. I think these 786 pixel wide fast copy and paste door looks better. Every max 256 pixels should be such a midsection with the two red horizontal stripes in the lower area.

Otherwise it looks to "clean".

BD768-2.png

You could make a texture like tekbron1 and 2, players could add some sort of trim on the sides to make a door out of it. There would be no limits then.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, Craneo said:

the good old Christmas skybox everyone uses on their wads

Aaah, comfy.

7 hours ago, Meerschweinmann said:

512 pixel wide BIGDOORS

How about a 1024 wide BIGDOOR?

Anyway, here's a few "spackle" flats I whipped together a while back because there existed no direct flat counterpart to a few textures and my autism couldn't take it.

ASHWFLA2.png.63ac5cee150c8ad145cf5f7b5985946d.pngASHWFLAT.png.9e6a26880589f5266a67a49f7207e1ca.pngICKFLATA.png.43eb8e51d91b29caff35431e1ec102d4.png

14 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

You could make a texture like tekbron1 and 2, players could add some sort of trim on the sides to make a door out of it. There would be no limits then.

That was in my mind, too. Like the DOOM exclusive Texture BRNBIG. It has a left, right and middle part. I will have a look at that.

7 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

How about a 1024 wide BIGDOOR?

I will have a look at it. When i make the texture tileable 1024 and more will be possible

Here is a 1280 pixel wide BIGDOOR monster as tileable left, right and center texture.

It needs a bit finetuning, but for the first attempt not bad.

It is made from one of the two 512 pixel wide BIGDOOR texture variants i made. I will made the other variant too.

Only the left and right texture of these monster results in the 512 pixel wide BIGDOOR and can be extend to 768,1024, 1280......

I will do the same with the 320 and 384 pixel wide BIGDOOR. Then we get more potential texture sizes.