Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrcraft

If you had an idea for a doommonster what would it be like?

A floating ethereal Cyberdemon, with BFG, spreadfire rockets, and wraithverge spirit summoning.  Each in sets of six.  All attacks would have tells, of course.

Going for more episode endboss material.

7 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

A boss demon which has 10,000 HP. Maybe something like this, but a new boss fight wouldn't hurt.

I have created an angel boss for Skulldash.

It has 27500 HP, a wide range of attacks and gets progressively harder / more ferocious.

Here's a link to a video of this boss. :)

4 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

But you didn't realize that the first time you've ever played Doom, did you? We all were scared of the bosses back then...

There were two bosses I was scared of back then - and one of which I am actually STILL scared of.

The Cyberdemon due to it's one hit kills and the Icon of Sin (got telefragged and I pooped my pants).

@42PercentHealth

I think the perfect DOOM boss fight for you would be the Spider Demolisher. It's like a spiderdemon, with twice the HP and chainguns. Oh, and it comes with a fully functional BFG too - and unlike the normal mastermind BFG-hugging this monster is usually suicidal. 

4 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

@42PercentHealth

I think the perfect DOOM boss fight for you would be the Spider Demolisher. It's like a spiderdemon, with twice the HP and chainguns. Oh, and it comes with a fully functional BFG too - and unlike the normal mastermind BFG-hugging this monster is usually suicidal.

Now you're talking! Do you know what mod this comes from?

9 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

Is is a Pain Revenant or a Revenant Elemental?

I kinda want to see a pain elemental skull firing revenant fireballs that look like PE eyes.

I'm less for bullet hell type bosses and more for bosses (or enemies in general) with some unique attacks. The randomness in attacks are nice, but how about something like the drunk missile from ROTT? Something that weaves around randomly, but also homes in on the target (not as quickly as a revenant rocket though)? Some bosses that I've made in the past use attacks that can change the player's stats. For instance, reduce your defenses, or speed, or fire rate, or vision, or (and this is a fun one) reverse your controls, so that left movement = going to the right, etc. For bouncing attacks like grenades, I usually account for distances. The farther away you are, the faster the grenade will move to compensate. If you really want to be sadistic, you could give it an arch-vile type of attack which can cause all sorts of mischief. For instance, I've made a low health pest of an enemy that can turn you into a chicken using the arch-vile attack mechanic.

How about animals in DooM?

Bears, lions, tigers, alligators, rhinos, snakes, even pre-historic ones including Raptors and why not Spinos & T-Rex.

An archvile who can punch you and revive multiple dead monsters at once?

>:)

In general, I'd do RPG-style monsters that are just recolored, tougher variants of monsters that already exist. Realm667 has some good ideas, like former humans that can shoot rockets or even fire the BFG. Stuff like that is what I like. It's not as creative as an entirely original monster, but it's also an easy way to keep the game interesting.