Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

Whats your favourite Demon death sound?

I like the Demon (Pinky) death sound because if you listen closely you can hear a heavy *thud* when it hits the ground. I don't notice this as much with the other death sounds.

A close second would be the Arch-Vile because of that "why..." sound that Ajora mentioned. It adds depth to the character and I enjoy those kind of tiny subplots that reveal more about the character and the universe the story takes place in.

I like all their dying sounds, but the funny noise the caco makes when he dies is my fave.Sometimes the imps sound like a bad bellyache, and the pinkies always seem like they are bitching at me.

Man, the best death sound in the whole game hasn't been mentioned yet and that's the player's high-death scream, when you were almost gibbed but not quite. Lobbing a rocket into some unsuspecting fool in a DM only to hear that AAIIIIEEEEEAAUUHHHH has yet to get old.

I also love the Baron death sound, creeped me out as a youngster.

The Mancubus' surprisingly convincing folding into a pile of goop or the Revenant's satisfying click.

Zombiemen death sounds are hilarious, except that they are humans. So for demons: Cyberdemon, Baron, and Revenant are my favorite for that matter.

I'll refer you to a quote that I found interesting a long time ago, in another thread from the distant time of 2013:

On 11/24/2013 at 5:25 AM, BaronOfStuff said:

From Per Kristian's 'hi-res sounds' project page:
"The Mancubus sight sound was a bit tricky:
By listening carefully to it I figured it consisted of some jaguar sounds mixed with a deep moaning sound. I had the jaguar sounds, but still the moan was a problem, until I recognized it; it's of course the sight sound for the Octabrain in Duke Nukem 3D! The Octabrain sight sound is of very poor quality (8 kHz), but that didn't matter as when I mixed it with the jaguar sounds, the Mancubus sight sound was born... again. The Mancubus attack scream is a slowed down sound of a pig."

On listening to the Octabrain sounds myself, there's definitely something very pig-like about some of them, including the sight sound; I wouldn't be surprised if the source sounds for the Mancubus are pig-based too.

Killing the zombieman is oddly hilarious if only because he sounds so sad when he dies.

Stupid green haired zombieman. Get rekt.