Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Special Interest > Doom Speed Demos > Slaughterfest 2011 demos [-complevel 9]
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 4 [5]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cacatou

MAP 06 UV-Pacifist in 0:11

Attachment: sf06p011.zip
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Old Post 06-26-12 19:31 #
Cacatou is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
b00mb0dy

Very nice map30 runs! I found 3 close calls on j4rio's version, and found it to be more entertaining, due to the ensuing risks. However, I can understand the caution on Anima's run though, due to not having authored the map. :)

Overall, thanks for those! Demos can be a good way to pass the time, and a great time to bust out the popcorn if desired!

Old Post 07-07-12 01:06 #
b00mb0dy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nevan

MAP25 in 23:38

Always wanted to max this map as it is my favouritie map in the pack.

Attachment: sf25-2338.zip
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

Old Post 07-10-12 18:02 #
Nevan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cacatou

MAP02 UV-Speed in 0:08

Attachment: sf02-008.zip
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Old Post 02-16-13 01:05 #
Cacatou is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cacatou

MAP22 UV-Speed in 1:25

Attachment: sf22-125.zip
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Old Post 02-16-13 01:06 #
Demonologist

Map24 UV Max in 18:23.
I feel bad about beating awesome keyboard-only players with my effortless demos only because of my keyboard + mouse controls. Anyway, I wanted to record something on this map, and here it is. And you're great, ggg.

Attachment: sf24-1823.zip
This has been downloaded 24 time(s).

Old Post 06-21-14 14:13 #
Demonologist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

Tim and Eric say awesome demo, great job! Close call at the very end, handled cyber/hk horde better/easier than I remember doing it. I bet that blasted yellow key platform part would get me a couple times if I retried, but I'm mostly playing the videogame called bitcoin right now. Okuplok probably has an unreleased 3 second uvmax of it (also cool demo by him on 23 recently in the j5rio thread).

Old Post 06-21-14 19:28 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork

Close fail on 24, might have been a minute or so faster but stupid architecture blocked me on the end part, almost killing me, then to top it off I failed my 180 degree flip key, pressing 2x instead of 1x on accident (actually on re-watching I think I THOUGHT I pressed 180 degree flip but didn't, so I thought I was facing one way but wasn't), thus being confused which direction I was facing (happens occasionally) and died. Probably slow cyber hk part this time because not much infighting. I guess leave them and return w/ bfg would be fastest (didn't do that this time) if possible. Actually, not really sure if the bfg speed boost would make up for backtracking. I think I had the end caco horde dead around the 14 minute mark.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/sf2011v8-24-fail-cl9-ggg.lmp

Last edited by gggmork on 06-25-14 at 18:49

Old Post 06-24-14 07:09 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demonologist

Heh, the almighty triunity of Tim, Eric and gggmork is not the one to compete with without facing the consequences it seems. Great demo even despite the failure, and some really nice moves to speed things up which I didn't really care about. Well, now I'll have to take them into consideration. Unfortunately it's impossible to backtrack with bfg, the necessity to plasma up platoon of cybers is my only real nitpick about this map since it's not the most entertaining activity.
...Oh and yes, Okuplok will bury us all if he ever returns to Doom-related stuff.

Old Post 06-24-14 08:49 #
Demonologist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork

I actually managed to get the blue key and skip past the cyber/hk horde, even saving the soulsphere to exit that area... but hmm, which loophole can the game find to screw me over this time, oh I know, no ammo (I usually have like 400 cells here but forgot I used them all up on the viles since I didn't kill them in the previous route). So the stupid fat cyber near the yellow key killed me when I tried to run past him if there's even enough room. And you can return with the bfg. I'm pretty sure the way back is opened up timed like 30 seconds or so after the very final cyber horde door opens. And I think doing that can be 14-15 minutes uvmax. Save the 2 upper ledge cybers so you can have cells on the way back, there'll probably be like 4 cybers waiting behind the tiny opening on the way back so you have to shoot the wall then move immediately out/back in cover to hit them with the bfg tracers which will kill you sometimes. I probably give up now, that route is too annoying.
http://speedy.sh/zxTvq/sf2011v8-24-...mmo-cl9-ggg.lmp

Old Post 06-25-14 18:48 #
blob1024
Forum Regular

damn ggmork. that was looking amazing ;s
gl with the attempts ;P

Old Post 06-25-14 19:40 #
blob1024 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demonologist

Hm, you were right. I checked that in the editor, looks like I just didn't wait long enough while checking in-game. Which means that my nitpick technically goes away, heh. I agree about annoyance though, this'd make for one hell of a ride with the blue key scenario. Might give it a try someday...

Old Post 06-25-14 21:42 #
GrumpyCat

Map02 Pacifist 0:08
Map06 Pacifist 0:09
Map06 NM-Speed 0:09

Attachment: sf11_01.zip
This has been downloaded 8 time(s).

Old Post 06-30-14 21:14 #
GrumpyCat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GrumpyCat

Map20 Pacifist 0:27

Attachment: sf1120p027.zip
This has been downloaded 8 time(s).

Old Post 08-04-14 16:17 #
GrumpyCat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote