Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 - 54 maps - /idgames link

obake said:

I'm anticipating seeing this project played through in videos. I can't wait to hear commentaries about each map!

Haha my map is already total shit, but I can say that I've improved in mapping faster than the average mapper around here. Next mega project will be more detailed and less conceptual.

I have a long way to go playing the maps here, but I already know The_Trigger's "Water Control" is really fucking cool, and Obsidian's "None So Vile" is both a masterpiece of mood and, seriously, just fucking evil. ;) Can't wait to play Z86's "Infernal Alignment," which looks cooler than shit. If it plays even half as good as it looks, I'll be way happy.

Edit: I also need to finish Exl & DooMAD's "Waystation." I was enjoying the hell out of getting my ass kicked in there, but got sidetracked by all the projects and plays currently stuffed down my throat. ;D

Hurricyclone said:

but I can say that I've improved in mapping faster than the average mapper around here

:o nice!

One more vanilla map and my crap ends up in slot 30 if my calculations are correct. And since it contains considerable amount of teleporting monsters - everything's gonna be fucked up. Not good.

I hope there's another project this year. The results this year look to have considerably more rather nice maps than last. I've only played Obsidian's map (agree with SteveD it's very unique) but I've looked at all of them. Z86's map is a wonderful idea I can tell, and it looks beautiful. And DooMAD's map (collab with Exl this time) looks even better than his map last year which already was one of the highlights.

Going back to 2012 there were only a handful of solidly good maps I can remember: 02, 13, 14, 15, maybe 16 (it's a bit weird), 18, and 25. Enough to browse around, but 2013 looks to clearly have the better showing. Too bad though that danne, darkreaver, and fiend haven't put anything in for 2013 (yet) and BaronOfStuff went more for a speedmap this time.

Even some maps (this year) that are perhaps objectively lesser seem to have novelty to them, for example Scypek2's map I love the Wolfenstein remix music track and some of the ideas regardless of execution.

ChaingunnerX said:

Great one, I like it a lot. Only there's a problem with that 3D bridge, which seems to be raised by default. Firstly, it doesn't always lower when you jump off it. Secondly, when you meet it from below for the first time, it will likely block your shots until you come very close. As there are enemies on the other side, it's pretty sure the player will notice it. This would be easily fixed, I believe, by making the bridge to lower sooner (before you can see and shoot it) - the curved corridor allows for it.

Also the chaingunner in alcove in the nukage room can get stuck at certain conditions. Otherwise I have to say again, this map is a pretty good piece of work, congratulations!

Don't worry Demonologist, the map30 slot will be picked differently than the others (atm your map is map27, I've started using map31/32 for vanilla/limit-removing).

The Boulder, there will be a dmp14 starting soon. I have to say the projects have turned out exactly how they were envisioned: the idea being "going through /idgames and playing each wad chronologically", but in megawad form.

Didnt get around to make anything for this project this year. I actually started one map, but I ended up making six more maps and released them in a map pack myself. I do have some maps laying around that I can contribute to the next project, MAYBE, it depends on my spare time and motivation =)

darkreaver said:

Didnt get around to make anything for this project this year. I actually started one map, but I ended up making six more maps and released them in a map pack myself. I do have some maps laying around that I can contribute to the next project, MAYBE, it depends on my spare time and motivation =)

Those never made it onto /idgames as far as I know, BTW. Don't know if intentional or not so I'm not going to reupload it myself at this time.

The Boulder said:

Those never made it onto /idgames as far as I know, BTW. Don't know if intentional or not so I'm not going to reupload it myself at this time.

Oh yeah. I tried to upload it exactly when the archives went down, and kinda forgot about it after that. I'm sending you a PM because I have a question for you =)

Hey scifista, what format is your map in? Once I know the format, the final maplist will be ready and I can start compiling.

TimeOfDeath said:

Hey scifista, what format is your map in? Once I know the format, the final maplist will be ready and I can start compiling.

Boom format. By the way, here is some prove that the map exists:

Sorry for causing delay, but I would wish to contribute. I already simplyfied my plan, and hopefully I'll be done very soon.

Also, I like the titlepic, BaronOfStuff. :)

BaronOfStuff said:

TITLEPIC

I think I would like it more if the green tint was only either on top or bottom, not both. That would make more sense to me. These bricks are quite far away from each other so how did they both get that tint so neatly (symmetrically)?

Here's the final maplist:

Memfis: your map should be ok for map30, right?

MAP#	AUTHOR		    TITLE				  COMPAT	   SUBMIT#	
1	Xaser		    Stove Pipe 				  (limit-removing) 1	
2	C30N9		    Brick Break 			  (vanilla)	   2	
3	Hurricyclone	    6 Sector Tea Jug			  (limit-removing) 3	
4	Retog		    Yergon 				  (vanilla)	   6	
5	Fernito		    Ferno 				  (vanilla)	   7	
6	Matt534Dog	    The Last Stand 			  (vanilla)	   14	
7	Marnetmar	    Pazuzu's Revenge 			  (limit-removing) 17	
8	minigunner	    Raiders of the Lost Shark 		  (limit-removing) 20	
9	sgt dopey	    Technecrosis 			  (vanilla)	   21	
10	Alfonzo		    Postmodern Hydraulics 		  (vanilla)	   22	
11	an_mutt		    Gothicy Beetle 			  (vanilla)	   23	
12	dobu gabu maru	    The Manifold Fever 			  (limit-removing) 28	
13	Marcaek		    Bentryway 				  (vanilla)	   29	
14	SFoZ911		    Fire Fighter 			  (limit-removing) 30	
15	schwerpunk	    TDSW 				  (vanilla)	   35	
16	Z86		    Infernal Alignment 			  (limit-removing) 41	
17	SteveD		    Don't Touch That Dial! 		  (limit-removing) 42	
18	Megalyth	    Have a Soup and a Sandwich		  (vanilla)	   52	
19	Chaingunner	    CHACSTL				  (vanilla)	   53	
20	cannonball	    Death Metal 			  (boom)	   9	
21	Katamori	    1024x32x10x10x3x2x1Monster 		  (boom)	   10	
22	Pcorf		    Visation 				  (boom)	   11	
23	ClonedPickle	    Dripping Oven Oil From Your Third Arm (boom)	   18	
24	Fellowzdoomer	    Hell's End 				  (boom)	   24	
25	TheMionicDonut	    LETS ROCK! 				  (boom)	   37	
26	joe-ilya	    Steak streak 			  (boom)	   38	
27	Demonologist	    Ex Tenebris 			  (boom)	   39	
28	Exl & DooMAD	    Waystation M-00			  (boom)	   43	
29	CorSair		    Merry-Go-Kill			  (boom)	   44	
30	Memfis		    Back in Town			  (boom)	   48	
31	JudgeDeadd	    Hatchet Job 			  (vanilla)	   36	
32	Obsidian	    None So Vile 			  (vanilla)	   40	
33	Ribbiks		    dwmp13_rbk				  (boom)	   49	
34	BloodyAcid	    Tuskmunday				  (boom)	   51	
35	scifista42						  (boom)	   54	
36	Du Mhan Yhu	    3 Ways From Hell			  (zdoom)	   4	
37	Ed		    Twilight of the Gods 		  (zdoom)	   5	
38	EndGameGamingMain   Millitary Enterance 		  (zdoom)	   8	
39	Baratus		    Go To Hell 				  (zdoom)	   13	
40	Netherstorm	    Incarnate 				  (zdoom)	   15	
41	Tarnsman	    The Adventures of Pope Steve 	  (zdoom)	   16	
42	Kate Stone	    Language Barrier 			  (zdoom)	   19	
43	Scypek2		    Ode to everything 			  (zdoom)	   25	
44	Ijon Tichy	    Futility 				  (zdoom)	   27	
45	Phendrena	    East of Eden 			  (zdoom)	   31	
46	Eradrop		    End Of Days 			  (zdoom)	   32	
47	obake		    UAC: Unsettling Athletic Corporation  (zdoom)	   34	
48	jazzmaster9	    A Room with A View			  (zdoom)	   45	
49	TimeOfDeath	    Law & Order: Special Doomguy Unit	  (zdoom)	   50	
50	The_Trigger	    Water control 			  (udmf)	   12	
51	walter confalonieri ffffabolous secret level 		  (udmf)	   26	
52	ShadesMaster	    NUKAGE PROCESSING 			  (udmf)	   33	
53	mrthejoshmon	    SUBBSE				  (udmf)	   46	
54	BaronOfStuff	    Trial And Error			  (udmf)	   47

Yes, it should be fine I believe. There is only one teleporter that can be used by monsters (sector 200) but it is very unlikely that they will get there.

Ok thanks. However, since there are so many non-zdoom/udmf maps, I'm thinking about separating the maps into multiple wads since 33+ are only accessible with -warp command in prboom-plus.

1 wad for vanilla/limit-removing
1 wad for boom
1 wad for zdoom/udmf

Would people cry about that?

I figured that was the idea from the start, so yeah that sounds good.