Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > New Project: Erebus Revisited

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zark
is more awesome than Ralphis

OK, first off, by new, I mean in the pipeline for 6 months. This is my biggest map yet, and I've put a hell of a lot of work into it.

Screenies here:
http://zarcyb.mancubus.net/erebuspics

The level's coming along quite nicely, but I'd really like some opinions. I know the colour scheme might not suit some people and I agree it does look a little ugly in some place. I'd like to adjust the palette/colormap so that it looks a little better although I'm not sure where to start. Any ideas?

Also, the texturing needs a lot of work and I'm really not that good a texture artist. Does anyone know where I could find some textures that could fit this kind of map? Thanks.

Comments and criticisms will be most welcome. The map won't be finished for a long time so a lot of the map will be different in the final release.

Old Post 11-03-03 18:59 #
zark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

Nice shots.

Old Post 11-03-03 19:07 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

<Drill Instructor Sgt. Hartman> WORK ON IT!

Finish it, a nice big map keeping me busy for the weekend ^_^
need something oldstyle revised heh

Old Post 11-03-03 19:18 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
m0l0t0v
Forum Regular

Screens look awesome!

What sourceport are you aiming for?

Old Post 11-04-03 10:09 #
m0l0t0v is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

ZDoom. =)

Old Post 11-04-03 10:52 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

Oh yeah, the screenies look absolutely great and impressive :) This seems to be one of the largest doom maps ever (if you look at roomsizes and stuff) I'm looking forward to the release of this monster :) Very good job indeed!

Old Post 11-04-03 12:07 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

[mumble]
just as big as tnt:armory of pain

Old Post 11-04-03 16:22 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Hey, Zarcyb, the map looks enormous. Hope you'll get it detailed enough, and that It won't occur to be a skirmish, super extra kill-them-all map... anyway keep it up.

Old Post 11-05-03 08:30 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zark

New screenie here. A more detailed version of one of the bridges.

Sorry about the size.

Old Post 11-08-03 15:27 #
zark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Igor9

Wow, but do you really think you need so many Cyberdemons?

Old Post 11-08-03 15:48 #
Igor9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zark

Igor9 said:
Wow, but do you really think you need so many Cyberdemons?
Heh, I put them there when I first started the map. They're dormant, and will probably be removed when the map's finished. We'll see.

Old Post 11-08-03 15:56 #
pritch
Super Moderator

Ultraviolet;

No goatse. From you not even a hint of goatse in the future. And abuse that tag once more anywhere and I will kill you many times. If you want to mong up threads, do it in Blogs, or I can have it arranged for you to do it in another place (Losers) permanently.

And the rest of you can quit fucking around with the tag as well, no matter how many times you haven't done so before :P

Now I'm gonna clean this thread.

Old Post 11-08-03 18:13 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

zarcyb said:
Very nice. Simple stuff really, yet it makes all the difference.

Old Post 11-08-03 18:25 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyb

lucky I missed the goatse fun here, or you'd all be banned, pritch is much nicer than I :P

anyways, to zarcyb:

what's there so far looks pretty cool, but a lot of it is pretty square, I know it's sort of hard to not follow doom's grid, but at least rounding corners and making pillars rounded adds something to a map.

also if you're gonna use zdoom you need MOOOORE SLOPES :P go nuts with them, they're really excellent for small details and stuff like a transition between a wall and ceiling beam etc etc. they are kinda hard to mess with at first, but once you get the hang of them they're quite a welcome addition to any editor's bag of tricks :)

other than that though it looked quite nice, keep it up dude

edit: oh yeah and don't be affraid to movce off the grid with zdoom either, since it has some great flat rotation and panning (and scaling) acs functions

Old Post 11-08-03 20:09 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grimm

The bridge is awesome.

Old Post 11-08-03 20:50 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Igor9

Wrt to Cyb's comment about "bag of tricks", I don't suppose there is anywhere where these said "bag of tricks" are available as prefabs, is there?

Old Post 11-09-03 00:17 #
Igor9 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

zarcyb said:

Sorry about the size.

OMG Very nice! I hated Mt. Erebus, though this'll probably be 5 times better.

Old Post 11-09-03 16:42 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

That bridge vaguely reminds me of a scene from d2. Very good.

That full monty bit was supposed to be a compliment. :)

Old Post 11-09-03 17:41 #
rf` is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
insertwackynamehere
The Chewbacca defense gone nightmare

Those are some really nice looking pics.

Old Post 11-09-03 18:02 #
insertwackynamehere is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Mt. Erebus is by Anarctica.

The map is massively awesome massively though.

Old Post 11-10-03 15:16 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote