Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Shadow Realm,Near Completion

Epyo said:

Question to anybody: Do people still use legacy? Do people still dm with things besides dwango?

As for me, I don't really use Legacy unless I absolutely have to (want to play a map made for it). And yeah, while I've been out of the deathmatch scene for a few months, I do play other stuff than dwango5, actually I usually don't play dwango5. My favorites are brit11.wad, exec.wad, and perhaps one other one (not sure, I wiped my PWAD collection not too long ago and started over, haven't redownloaded any deathmatch stuff yet).

Well,I went on to Dc today to try out my level with about 5 people.
They gave my level a 10 out of 10.
Heres some of their comments:

Zero: WOWZERZ
Zero: That is amazing!
Zero: OMG
--------------------------
[D3U] Evan:wow
MasterGun375: too good...too good indeed.
MasterGun375: I'm very impressed with the detail.
Jackacks:the lev looks good

Hmm, makes me wonder if they've seen anything other than Dwango5...

Well,I went on to Dc today to try out my level with about 5 people.
They gave my level a 10 out of 10.

A bunch of spineless yes-men.

You don't need two screenshots for a room of that size.

Also, the guys you mentioned never said 10/10, they just said that your map is good. BTW, the way they spell showcase a low IC.
Sorry, but the only thing that gives a bit of beauty to your wad is the textures from Hexen, the architecture is very basic (a lot of copy-past, and some minor line-sector splits).

As someone said, don't open a thread for every level you make. Yes, it can make you popular, but in a bad way.

Good, now you're learning, but tone down the general brightness of the church hallways, save for the illuminated windows.

In the third to last screenshot, there's a misalignment by that door. However, that's sort of thing happens all the time, and is easily overlooked by even more experienced mappers (I, myself, have been known to miss it on more than one occasion). Just raise the texture the amount equal to the distance between the two ceiling heights. For instance, if the chapel ceiling is at 160 and the door ceiling is at 128, you would raise the textures on those walls around the door by 32.

He means raise the wall y alignment by 32, for instance, a y offset of 32...I think.

Ok,ill try to figure that out when my brain stops going in diffrent directions.Anyways,heres a new small area i added in for some fun.

The Warriors Ring

Im gonna try to get those lifts out of until i can figure out how to make it easier to get in and not look ugly at the same time.Stairs would probably do(3d that is,Or a Ladder with a 3d water prefab to it)

The Idea of this room is to escape gunshot and take a friend,a couple of watchers,and take a all out brawl to the death using your fists,or the berserk pack when respawned.

Those Circles being hung from the cieling are punching bags btw.

Any thoughts of this being in or out is up to you guys.

This map seems to be rather big. That is not the best idea for a DM map. Although it may be ok with about 4 people. (Besides some maps are so small you tend to wake up dead...)

ShadowRunner said:

(...)when my brain stops going in diffrent directions.

Uhhh, brain? No shit :)

BTW, Converted Doomer, I really respect your abilities of constructing maps this huge, but I also think that the curch you have presented is completely symetrical and uses crazy mix-up of textures :P

Well you seem to have done ok in the eye-candy department, now as for how the map plays, which mind you, is the most important thing about a map, I guess we'll see...

Its playable alright!

Um,but exactly HOW do i upload it to newstuff?
Is their an email address,or do i need a Ftp client?

If i do need a Ftp client,can someone upload it for me?

you do indeed need an ftp cilent. If you would like somebody to send it in for you, you have to make a txt file, by copying off this template. Then you put the wad in a zip along with the txt file and give it to the person. Or the /incoming folder of the archives.

ShadowRunner said:

Its playable alright!

Um,but exactly HOW do i upload it to newstuff?
Is their an email address,or do i need a Ftp client?

If i do need a Ftp client,can someone upload it for me?

If a map is playable and how it plays are two completely different things.

I used Internet Explorer to upload my maps.

ShadowRunner said:

Heh, finally a weekend where I can just sit back and relax.
Ah, the joys of life.

All weekends should be ones where you can sit back and relax. Unfortunately, due to this thing that we have created called 'civilization', this is no longer possible :(