Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RustyGold

Deimos: The Damned Moon

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry but "Deimos: Moon of the Lost" sounds wrong word-wise: how about "Deimos: The Damned Moon" instead?

I figured since Deimos got warped to Hell and is suffering eternal damnation.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

I'm sorry but "Deimos: Moon of the Lost" sounds wrong word-wise: how about "Deimos: The Damned Moon" instead?

I figured since Deimos got warped to Hell and is suffering eternal damnation.

That would also be a good parallel to "Phobos: The Doomed Moon."

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

I'm sorry but "Deimos: Moon of the Lost" sounds wrong word-wise: how about "Deimos: The Damned Moon" instead?

I figured since Deimos got warped to Hell and is suffering eternal damnation.

Allright I'll fix it

Share this post


Link to post

Screenshot_Doom_20180611_193629.png.a16be3d9be3ce704a3b348cff587885d.pngSome progress on E2M2 with the general layout. Unlike the classic Doom the facility will be containing more than boxes.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like you had a boost in creativity and inspiration, but don't burn yourself out! Will be keeping an eye on this..

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, I wonder if Episode 3 will be Mars and 4 will be Hell? Either way, this oughta be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gideon020 said:

Hmm, I wonder if Episode 3 will be Mars and 4 will be Hell? Either way, this oughta be fun.

Episode 3 will take place In Hell

If I Decide to Do episode 4 then I will make some of It In Hell, Earth, And Purgatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Screenshot_Doom_20180623_062901.png.b347ff41ca83f2db5bd6c77dbf6c2db5.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180623_062800.png.0061c1a2f0d2c4e39d3f55ce971fc72a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180623_062613.png.cad8a0cdbfc330696a5842711a2977a5.png

Some more stuff done, I finished the main base In the middle of the map.

Share this post


Link to post

I see a running theme of darkness in this map set as the levels progress..

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Glaice said:

I see a running theme of darkness in this map set as the levels progress..

Here soon i think I might have to start adding Light goggles. I think around map 6 or 7 will be abit more bright. I dunno but The tower of babel Is gonna be cool. Also, I've already used the Cyber Demon In Episode 1 so I wonder If I should Introduce the Spider mastermind or just have alot of cyber demons....Hmmm

Share this post


Link to post

Hm, if you end up using more than 1 Cyberdemon then the player cannot exit E2M8 until all of them are dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

PROGRESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Episode 2 right off the bat Is a little harder than episode 1 which Is good, You didn't think walking on the shores of hell would be a cakewalk did you? On a more serious note I've kinda had a hard time figuring out how I was this map to come out. Not burnt out or anything but I wanna make sure that E2M3 doesn't feel like E1M3. I am gonna add a few rooms showing how the UAC somehow manages to turn nuclear waste Into purified water with the power of science! So you all might get a kick out of seeing a vats of green goo go Into one with water spiting out health bonuses out of a assembly line. [Also] I think when I finish this map I will have a demo ready to download.

Screenshot_Doom_20180628_160938.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180628_161040.png

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really curious on to see what E2M4 looks like..

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

"Story-wise, the episode is both a sequel to Doom and a prequel to Doom II. It chronicles the Doomguy's battles against the legions of demons that the Spider Mastermind had sent through the doorway between Hell and Earth, the very same gateway that the player had earlier used to return to his home planet. (It is presumed that there are two distinct regions of "Hell". The first is what the Deimos moon floats over and where Inferno takes place. The second is the marine's home of Earth which will undergo terraformation at the hands of demons and become a Hell in its own right.) As such, the episode most likely takes place on Earth, in a complex of buildings set up by the hellish forces, on the Earth side of the portal that the Doomguy used to return home. Ultimately, though the player is victorious, inflicting heavy losses on the invaders and avenging the death of his pet rabbit Daisy, it turns out to be an empty victory as the demons eventually overrun the major cities and the stage is set for Hell on Earth.

It may be set on Earth, with the background sky being a sullen, hazy orange, similar to the ending cutscene of Inferno and the starport levels in Doom II. The graphical style is generally hellish, though there are a handful of techbase themes used. The fortresses resemble those in Inferno, generally made of somber greenish-gray stone or wood, with a large number of lava pits. While there are a few features carried over from Doom II, such as switches that require keys (and the intermission screen), all of the music, textures, monsters, and weapons are from the original Doom. Possibly because no Doom II monsters were brought over into the episode, Barons of Hell are very common."

 

Episode 4 is the most professional release for the Doom series before the new millenium. It isnt story bound per se, but built for Doom players. The lack of focus in its 'gothic' architecture is just what Doom is. The episode is an experiment in aesthetics and gameplay. It is Doom's Rainbow Road...

 

My personal opinion is that it should be set within the confines of a Hellish temple. The Doom-Slayer Saga, maybe. But episode 1-3 take you deeper into Hell. It only makes sense that Episode 4 takes place not just within Hell, but the high castles and keeps of Hell's greatest foes.

 

Looks great btw.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Glaice said:

I'm really curious on to see what E2M4 looks like..

I'm just gonna copy and paste E1M5 and change some colors.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

"Story-wise, the episode is both a sequel to Doom and a prequel to Doom II. It chronicles the Doomguy's battles against the legions of demons that the Spider Mastermind had sent through the doorway between Hell and Earth, the very same gateway that the player had earlier used to return to his home planet. (It is presumed that there are two distinct regions of "Hell". The first is what the Deimos moon floats over and where Inferno takes place. The second is the marine's home of Earth which will undergo terraformation at the hands of demons and become a Hell in its own right.) As such, the episode most likely takes place on Earth, in a complex of buildings set up by the hellish forces, on the Earth side of the portal that the Doomguy used to return home. Ultimately, though the player is victorious, inflicting heavy losses on the invaders and avenging the death of his pet rabbit Daisy, it turns out to be an empty victory as the demons eventually overrun the major cities and the stage is set for Hell on Earth.

It may be set on Earth, with the background sky being a sullen, hazy orange, similar to the ending cutscene of Inferno and the starport levels in Doom II. The graphical style is generally hellish, though there are a handful of techbase themes used. The fortresses resemble those in Inferno, generally made of somber greenish-gray stone or wood, with a large number of lava pits. While there are a few features carried over from Doom II, such as switches that require keys (and the intermission screen), all of the music, textures, monsters, and weapons are from the original Doom. Possibly because no Doom II monsters were brought over into the episode, Barons of Hell are very common."

 

Episode 4 is the most professional release for the Doom series before the new millenium. It isnt story bound per se, but built for Doom players. The lack of focus in its 'gothic' architecture is just what Doom is. The episode is an experiment in aesthetics and gameplay. It is Doom's Rainbow Road...

 

My personal opinion is that it should be set within the confines of a Hellish temple. The Doom-Slayer Saga, maybe. But episode 1-3 take you deeper into Hell. It only makes sense that Episode 4 takes place not just within Hell, but the high castles and keeps of Hell's greatest foes.

 

Looks great btw.

I guess I could do a Doom 2ish type episode before i actually start on Doom 2. Though If I do Doom2 I think I would like to have at least one person help me cause 32 levels would be ridiculous for one person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RustyGold said:

I'm just gonna copy and paste E1M5 and change some colors.

I suggest against doing that. It might be better to redraw it out differently, so it's sort of the same, but it's got a personality of its own.

And I'd be willing to help with those 32 levels.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I suggest against doing that. It might be better to redraw it out differently, so it's sort of the same, but it's got a personality of its own.

And I'd be willing to help with those 32 levels.

I was just messin with ya lmao. E2M4 will be done from scratch like all the other maps.

If you are still around by the time i get to doom 2 then i will get into contact with you.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×