Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morpheus666

The Gentleman's Doom recording.

Wad List:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vh8oBV7NFu5kKPz3n8NzAKTCugtEY7crB8wF4y2A9W8/edit?usp=sharing

Hello! i've recently decided to start doing Doom wad reviews, just send me your wads and i will play them:

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1elRrps_A34XTGG4dfOrsw?

My recent Doom playthrough:

RULES:

No slaughter-maps- i like them but there a pain in the ass sometimes, If i have to resort to using RO then it's a no-go

Impossible maps- this can be acceptable if the maps really hard, but if it's a troll map then don't post it here

Game-play altering mods- normally i like to play vanilla maps but if it looks interesting to me i might review it

Doom Episode wads- As in a Doom mod that has no more then 9 levels at a given time, I don't particularly like really long wads/Mega-wads

We play on UV for the best experience.

Edited by Morpheus666

Fairly difficult speedmaps. May have incompatabilities with vanilla-based source ports, but runs with GZDoom or Zandronum. Uses vanilla format, occupies slots map1-3.

WTSC.zip

4 hours ago, Elio AF said:

Fairly difficult speedmaps. May have incompatabilities with vanilla-based source ports, but runs with GZDoom or Zandronum. Uses vanilla format, occupies slots map1-3.

WTSC.zip

Ok! i'm going to do a playthrough of the map should be up soon

Update: So i played the wad, and...I have 21 minutes of me dying over and over again, Since i'm sure that's not a fun video to see i won't be publishing the video since this map is virtually impossible without cheating, I would recommend drastically altering the Enemy placement and type, I remember having to tell you this in the other map that i decided to play too.

all of the issues from before are still present in this map as the other ones:

Good level design and detailing, BUT lack of health, unfair fights, and it verges on being a slaughter-map in sections.

i would rate it probably a 3 out of 5, mainly since i couldn't get past the first ambush in the beginning of the level and decided to not continue

Edited by Morpheus666

Thank you for the feedback, but I must say, I am not intending to change the maps' monster placement. For a newcomer they might be slightly hard, but their intention is being hard. Sad to see you couldn't beat it :(

maybe I should make a walkthrough of it

EDIT::: Already did: 

Edited by Elio AF

1 minute ago, Killerratte said:

Shameless self-advertisement over here. Are you a bad enough dude to beat this wad?

Your actually on the list already as i was going to play that after i beat The Thing That Slithers lol

28 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

All of them are added to the list at the OP post 

I assume we are supposed to see the list, but it seems you haven't made it public.

9 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I assume we are supposed to see the list, but it seems you haven't made it public.

is it public now? I tweaked some settings in it so i might have fixed it.

4 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

is it public now? I tweaked some settings in it so i might have fixed it.

Yes, now I can see it.

Two episodes to be played in GZDoom with dynamic lights enabled and the sector light mode set to dark or doom. Average playtime per episode is around 80-120 minutes. Mouselook is recommended while jumping and crouching can be ignored. Play with the Doom II iwad.

My playthrough of the first level of AKoopaSoup, I really liked the layout was clean and the Industrial sections are probably my favorite part of the Map, i am really looking forward to playing more.

17 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

Is it a slaughter map?

Oh well, nevermid

I noticed you are using vertical aiming. I would appreciate if you were to turn it off for my WAD, at least starting with MAP04, since it might screw some things up. It might not, but I'm not sure.

4 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I noticed you are using vertical aiming. I would appreciate if you were to turn it off for my WAD, at least starting with MAP04, since it might screw some things up. It might not, but I'm not sure.

Sure thing! i don't normally play with vertical aiming, but i have been trying to use it for some wads, though the aiming seems to be hard to pull off because of the strange hit box the enemy has

Update: So episode 2 of Akoopasoup is going to be later then planned, For 3 things:

1. The map is insanely Difficult

2. it is as thin as The Chasm map Sectors  on being a slaughter map

3. My computer overheated due to the sheer volume of enemies and projectiles on screen

also i have well over 40 hours of footage to go through

24 minutes ago, That_Gay_Kid said:

Been working on this for a while, would be cool to see someone play it.

Requirements:
Doom2
GZDoomIshreal.7z

I might test this one out

how many levels are there?

Edited by Morpheus666

@Killerratte I'm sorry but i can't even beat the 2nd level, i decided that the project becomes too much like a slaughter map, BUT from what i see it's really good, I liked the difficulty and the overall a really solid map, I'm just not good enough to beat it though so Congratulations! your the first person to stump me.

I have a map that needs testing if you are willing! Please pay close attention to the details and video settings for this wad!

So i only got up to level 4 and decided to call it a night, I like the difficulty, The levels are really well done and have interesting sections which allow the Player to have enough room for the fights,  Out of the 4 i played, Map 3 seemed to be a tad bit longer then a normal map and kind of got boring towards the end but overall it's a fairly challenging map, The only thing i can say is Ammo pickups are all over the place but there seems to be more enemies then ammo from what I've seen. (though i don't know for a fact)

Oh my god, what happened to audio on third map? Is it just recording or music actually got messed up?

Also, you seem to be running out of ammo because you use supershotgun from too far away or against zombies and imps that aren't clustered. You should use normal shotgun more often.