Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yandere_Doomer

Attack on Doom: Saigo no heishi!

This is a new wad i have made based on the Awesome anime called Attack on Titan [進撃の巨人]

this map is a rough recreation of the Trost district from the show.

but there is a little twist, instead of fighting titans, demons from Hell invade Trost district to push humanity further into extinction!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/KBBM19Q

This wad uses GZDoom [as well as any other source port using the ZDoom engine] i would not recommend using prboom+ because, well........there might be missing textures, maybe.

Role call! [you get the drill]

@Clippy @Biodegradable @ElPadrecitoCholo @TheMagicMushroomMan @Dunn & Dunn and also, lets include @The BMFG too.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wvr9taeww5pmlbf/Attack_on_Doom.wad/file

also, it seems ponycanyon doesnt like people using the music in their videos,so, yeah......be careful youtubers!

Edited by Deathclaw886

oh and just to mention, this wad is supposed to be a push forward, survival map. so no health packs or anything [after all, there are none in the show, well there were no Doom demons in the show too, but im trying my best]

I finally got to your map and sad to say - did not have a good time

All the reasons are outlined in my commentary but yeah, too big, too empty, too laggy cause of what I think may be too many linedefs on the roofs and an exit that you can run to at the start? The no health survival aspect means nothing if you can just do this haha

Also Doom and anime probably don't mix and making a tribute map to an obscure anime map really alienates 99.9% of people leaving .1% who actually are familiar with Doom AND ALSO whatever you were parodying

There is detail to be had here and it looks unique but it's not functional for gameplay and actually is too much to where it slows my gameplay to a crawl - anyone else have this problem?

There is no sense of urgency or intrigue when you can easily evade everything making it just running through empty alleyways so it's kind of a boring experience 

I miss your other maps - please don't be discouraged but this is just one paperclip's opinion and I never like to leave negative reviews like this

Video is almost done processing give it a few mins

5 minutes ago, Clippy said:

I finally got to your map and sad to say - did not have a good time

All the reasons are outlined in my commentary but yeah, too big, too empty, too laggy cause of what I think may be too many linedefs on the roofs and an exit that you can run to at the start? The no health survival aspect means nothing if you can just do this haha

Also Doom and anime probably don't mix and making a tribute map to an obscure anime map really alienates 99.9% of people leaving .1% who actually are familiar with Doom AND ALSO whatever you were parodying

There is detail to be had here and it looks unique but it's not functional for gameplay and actually is too much to where it slows my gameplay to a crawl - anyone else have this problem?

There is no sense of urgency or intrigue when you can easily evade everything making it just running through empty alleyways so it's kind of a boring experience 

I miss your other maps - please don't be discouraged but this is just one paperclip's opinion and I never like to leave negative reviews like this

Video is almost done processing give it a few mins

DARN IT! i forgot to tell you! playing on lzdoom or zdoom is better for it, it barely lags on Zdoom!

haha, dont worry. this is just a single map that i made [not obscure by the way, very popular map from aot]

but i guarantee you will like triumph of the guard, the map i am currently making, this was just a side project.

2 minutes ago, Deathclaw886 said:

and im jealous of your computer, that is actually veeeeerrryy smooth compared to mine, thats why i have to play it on zdoom

I only have gzdoom haha 

Interesting to hear it performed better on my laptop but yeah it was still distorting enough to make my gameplay feel uncomfortable 

6 minutes ago, Clippy said:

I only have gzdoom haha 

Interesting to hear it performed better on my laptop but yeah it was still distorting enough to make my gameplay feel uncomfortable 

but dont worry, i am still making my type of doom level, this one was just a little side project of mine, diverting from the original formula of making levels.

oh, and i hope you like medieval levels

your computer is soooooo good!

im jealous, i have an extra starchy potato

Just now, Deathclaw886 said:

but dont worry, i am still making my type of doom level, this one was just a little side project of mine, diverting from the original formula of making levels.

oh, and i hope you like medieval levels

your computer is soooooo good!

im jealous

Nice to hear cause I had a crappy laptop for years this one is relatively new.

Ps if you poll 50 ppl and ask if they know this anime you would get 51 no's 

🤪

Do DBZ

I'm not sure why but I can't even view the nodes for the map as there are empty SEG lumps. I'm pretty sure that's why there is an fps issue.

nodes are used to determine how the level is rendered (loading everything at once usually harms a games performance a lot). I don't know how this map was made but as far as I know most versions of doom builder create nodes automatically.

I think the issue is rendering all of those linedefs at the games start. Cutting back on linedefs or segmenting the map so the player can't see every sector would help a lot.

2 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Ps if you poll 50 ppl and ask if they know this anime you would get 51 no's 

its actually a very popular anime, you just dont watch a bunch of anime, thats all.

im not sure how many anime fans there are here at doomworld though....

Just now, Deathclaw886 said:

its actually a very popular anime, you just dont watch a bunch of anime, thats all.

im not sure how many anime fans there are here at doomworld though....

Seems like conflicting genres

Like making UFC gear with sailor moon on it 

1 minute ago, Clippy said:

probably, yeah.

i just hope medieval isnt a conflicting genre

This map reminded me of monopoly 

Like if someone put all the plastic hotels all over the place. I used to steal hotels when I was a kid

1 minute ago, Snaxalotl said:

*Recommended for you

yeh, try searching on duckduckgo for it

I mean, Attack on Titan had a Roblox game, a bad one, but a game anyways, so I guess it's kinda popular, but not really that popular to say the least.

29 minutes ago, Clippy said:

You mean something like this :P ? :

sailor_doom_by_pegasuspowers_d9ujr26-ful

But yes, Attack on Titan is relativly popular.

But it's "modern popular", it is not a Akira, Ghost in the Shell or Evangelion.

Edit:

Add some Details to the Houses, it looks all so brownish :)

It will help to have a contrast.

It's still bad because there's no full-sized IoS to fight, which would make sense, since he's about as big as one of those fancy Titans that you kids have nowadays.

5 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

It's still bad because there's no full-sized IoS to fight, which would make sense, since he's about as big as one of those fancy Titans that you kids have nowadays.

i dont know how to make one.

if i did, i would have. the biggest thing i could find is a cyberdemon, which is about the size of a 5 meter class titan