Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaeros

AD MORTEM - a MBF21 Halloween-themed Megawad. [NEW UPDATE: Phase 3 is out!]

8 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

MAP28 crashes in this version in dsda-doom 0.26.2 (I haven't updated to 0.27 yet).

That's because I am stupid. I fixed the link should be working now.

We can probably delete those lumps entirely, I don't know what they are for. But I won't take this responsibility.

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Works for me. 

Ok, so its probably my old GZdoom for Win 7 (32bit) making problems ;) Thx for info.

2 minutes ago, tom3kb said:

Ok, so its probably my old GZdoom for Win 7 (32bit) making problems ;) Thx for info.

It uses MBF21 codepointers, including separate shooting and ammo substraction. At one point gzDoom only partially supported MBF21 but it should be fine now.

LoL I was in such a hurry because I wanted to play some on Halloween. I might go back to the fixed version so I can use my lovely DSDA again lol. Some functionality in DSDA is not implemented in Nugget (no secret notification sounds or text, no zoom speed on the automap, the lines on the automap are wonky, the Home key is permabound to bring up the options menu, etc.).

Thanks for all the fixes. Might get back to playing within the week.

2 hours ago, TheShep said:

Some functionality in DSDA is not implemented in Nugget (no secret notification sounds or text, no zoom speed on the automap, the lines on the automap are wonky, the Home key is permabound to bring up the options menu, etc.).

Excuse me, I don't want to go off topic but most of that doesn't sound right:

Spoiler

- You should be able to enable the "Secret Revealed" message (Options -> Messages), which does play a sound;

- You should also be able to speed up Automap zooming by holding down the Run key (should be Shift);

- What exactly do you mean by Automap lines being wonky? In what resolution?;
- You can unbind Home from opening the Setup Options, I did so myself.

If you're going to reply, feel free to do so in Nugget's thread so we don't clutter here.

Another update to 1.5.5

Changelog:

-Map15 skytransfer's texture glitch fixed.

-Texture lumps fixed.
-GLnodes junk that causes crashes on DSDA removed.
-BFG flash visuals fixed.

-Minor visual changes on some maps.

It seems everything is working nicely now, all tested on the latest DSDA-doom sourceport.

Download in the front page.

New update to 1.5.6

Changelog:

-MAP30 renamed to MAP99 due to strange GZdoom's monster telefrag behavior.

-Minor MAP25's update.

-Mid-textures lumps corrected, hopefully this might be now fixed.

Download in the front page.

1 hour ago, Vaeros said:

-MAP30 renamed to MAP99 due to strange GZdoom's monster telefrag behavior.

I'm guessing you mean the IOS spawner telefragging the monsters or the players if it spawns on top of them? This behaviour isn't hard-coded into GZDoom, it's normally enabled for MAP30 through an internal mapinfo. If you don't want to change the map numbering, you can control it by including a ZMAPINFO lump. Any map that is defined in your ZMAPINFO will by default not have the telefragging behaviour; for the maps where you do want it, you just include AllowMonsterTelefrags as one of the lines for these maps. If you want I can whip one out pretty quickly based on the UMAPINFO you've made, just let me know.

Fucking fantastic megawad you all have put together here, one of the most enjoyable wads I've played this year.

A handful of minor bugs/glitches spoilered, mostly graphical.

Spoiler

Map 5

The death exit here didn't work for me a couple times. First time I used the chainsaw I didn't die, all weapons were taken away and was stuck unable to do anything. Tried the rocket launcher which didn't work one time, but did the next.

Also some visual glitches

doom00.png.39ca762c988e2d049c186b8e9ed17aab.png

doom01.png.cc8f59c039fa9ebe785815c49a164ce2.png

doom03.png.7ecc355c03e70fd5666ba57d9d0a8fa9.png

doom04.png.03f449209ae3f41d47860cf12b079a1e.png

Map 13

If you jump down next to the bar here you can't get out.

doom05.png.470e0ce514ad7ad14666a1005867aea5.png

Map 17

Couldn't find any way out of this secret

doom06.png.829ffafa1d67f05afd273ede61bf7743.png

Map 19

Bunch of visual stuff, all in the big graveyard fight towards the end.

doom07.png.2c7f086e1b91064051d62ca6654e2769.png

doom08.png.4ae397f053528415080fb3b81212340a.png

doom09.png.df38cd4638f337a3a9cbec75eddfb7df.png

doom10.png.6cd7d3690278414e717ce608cca08ac5.png

doom11.png.1729d54a60a2964d3f450d634ab06c9a.png

Map 34

More visual glitches

doom01.png.013551465d270a6f67fcc26a2a816908.png

doom02.png.9024502ed0ca5955a3c77de3778ee006.png

doom04.png.30bbfd58ff8ef1d76ec7d8e71750f7d7.png

doom05.png.38c8693c7412fb1971793f5b81d41d28.png

@TeK (⌐■_■)About Norwitch Lane's secret, you should just be able to walk over the teleporter pad on the left side of your screenshot unless it somehow broke in the two years since I completed it.

Edit- Just downloaded the latest version and tested it, I had no issues using the teleporter.

Edited by lunchlunch

No, it's definitely not working, this is in the 1.5.6. version. I should mention I played in dsda, I haven't updated it to the latest version maybe that has something to do with this?

Spoiler

There's a comment earlier in this thread from phase 2 release last year that also seemed to have the same problem

Edited by TeK (⌐■_■)

In map 5, I can't get these monsters to teleport in: https://prnt.sc/qMgkwSgVMUjR

I tried crossing the required linedef multiple times and nothing happens.

Map 13 has a softlock. In the house where you get the ssg, if you ride the skullswitch elevator up, walk along the counter, and drop down to where the pumpkinhead portrait is, you will be stuck.

Map 14:  some  key doors are mistagged (e.g. the red card door can actually be opened with a red skull)

Map 16: https://prnt.sc/1Si5JZ6KRnpH - there is a random unkillable chaingunner here

Map 23: King Boner / Hell Knight / Baron trap doesn't work as intended, because the barons  and hks are stuck inside each other. Also, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to raise the teleporter switch leading to the plasma rifle secret. Playing in GZDoom 4.11.3

Map 99: Archvile crushers are broken, making 100% kills impossible.

Edited by Firedust

All done! Thanks @Vaeros and team for such a phenomenal piece of Doom art. Loved the expanded monster roster and reskinned Hellsing-esque arsenal! That silver caco is most certainly well deserved.

You will find the little bugs I encountered during my playthrough in my post above!

Looking forward to /vr's next grand Doom undertaking!

There's an update left to fix some things and implement the completed weapons, but I haven't heard from Vaeros in weeks, and neither has ViolentBeetle I think.

If anyone wants to play around with the completed weapons some, here's the GzDoom version which forms their basis (the MBF21 weapons omit and tone down various cosmetic effects this features). Someone made brightmaps for at least some of them, but I'm unsure of if they were complete or where they are. EDIT: Updated link.

1701033650850888.jpg.1d6ee3b55d8da6fb0291e672b9c238cc.jpg

Glad you had fun.

Edited by ChopBlock223

A bit late for me to say this in 2024, it was quite unexpected but I'm very happy to realize that we received a runner-up cacoward. Big kudos to all the contributors of the project and I'm very glad that we could create something great together, You guys really deserve it.

As for the next updates, I’m taking a little break because of my responsibilities, but they will come in the future. I still want to make sure that everything is fixed and polished as it should be.

Happy new year, wish you all the best.

Imps in the Walls is one of the finest adventure maps I've played, the mansion's vista, the very fine-tuned navigation and spectacular sector decor make for a jaw-dropping experience. Oh, and the ending is something outta this world.

My major gripe with the map is its midi choice, Metallica is a bad fit for careful, spooky exploration. I turned off the music and put CBLOOD2.mid instead and the map's vibe was instantly elevated. So yeah, if you reach map 05, I suggest putting on your preferred ambient track before venturing into the mansion.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:58 AM, MoiraHeart said:

My major gripe with the map is its midi choice, Metallica is a bad fit for careful, spooky exploration.

Personally, I find The Call Of Ktulu to be a very moody and atmospheric song, particularly for how it slowly builds over its relatively long runtime.

Deep Into The Code was clearly inspired by it, and I always felt it fit extremely well for the more exploratory nature of E2M2, or making your way through the vast and dangerous waste tunnels of Plutonia's MAP28. The way the original Metallica song develops in tempo and intensity can work very well for a large and exploratory Doom level like that I think, it fits the growing stress and peril as time goes on and the combat encounters escalate.

Hello, I have the same issue than Tek in map17  : unable to exit the circular secret room (the teleporter does nothing). I play with gzdoom v4.11.3 mbf compatibility).

2 hours ago, Lord Pavis said:

I play with gzdoom v4.11.3 mbf compatibility).

MBF compatibility is not MBF21, just so you know.