Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nirvana

Doom Podcast - An Evening with Nirvana

Doom Radio's retirement has left a big void waiting to be filled for a number of years now, so good on you, Nirvana. I look forward to future episodes.

This was a really good interview! Really interested me in a side of the game I don't venture into enough. Looking forward to the next one.

Hoping to talk to people who provide varying types of content to the community, including mapping, streaming, speedrunning etc. I have a good list of guests coming up :)

can't believe I missed the first few episodes, been looking for something like this.

It's been so great getting to talk to all of these people about Doom and hearing their insights. Glad people are enjoying it :D

"This [unified vision] elevates [Going Down]" ... Skillsaw and his puns again, lol

But seriously, great interview, great episode! Currently about halfway through Ancient Aliens and enjoying it a lot. Nice to hear all this behind-the-arenas commentary.

This is really neat. I have to say i somehow expected skillsaw's voice to sound way less cool... ;)

16 hours ago, skillsaw said:

Thanks for letting me participate! I've enjoyed listening to all the previous episodes and it was great to get together and chat.

Thanks for coming on, was a lot of fun and I finally got some answers to some burning questions I had (sorry for those buzz words haha).

16 hours ago, Mr. Alexander said:

"This [unified vision] elevates [Going Down]" ... Skillsaw and his puns again, lol

Haha, nice catch. Totally unintentional, though.

13 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Great interview! I would totally play that skillsaw E1 replacement :)

Maybe one day!

These are some great podcasts, I listened to them all yesterday and today. Lots of good wad suggestions, but more importantly I found myself booting up UDB for the first time in what must be like six months or so. Inspiring stuff, hopefully there’ll be more episodes!

I really enjoyed this, thanks for making it and sharing it! I'd listened back to the old World Externination Radio podcasts and was itching to hear a newer  more polished podcast.

I'm a relative latecomer to Doom so it was eye opening to hear that 'slaughter' gameplay was an outsider passion for a long time.

I appreciated your level of research, calmness, and focus on the guest. My one request would be to ask more follow ups to interesting answers (e.g. he mentioned how some of ribbiks ideas had inspired him in his own maps, would have been great to hear more about that).

Sure you have lots of guests in mind, my request would be Pavera. I recently played one his map sets for the first time and it felt like it was made for me, so I would live to hear more about his style, as I don't have the brainz  to understand why I liked it more than other stuff.

Thanks again for making and sharing it.

7 hours ago, Steveb1000 said:

I appreciated your level of research, calmness, and focus on the guest. My one request would be to ask more follow ups to interesting answers (e.g. he mentioned how some of ribbiks ideas had inspired him in his own maps, would have been great to hear more about that).

Glad you've been enjoying the podcast! Usually what I do is I write out a bunch of questions for the guest and then as we chat I do naturally ask follow up questions (often going on long tangents in fact). I do have to be a little conscious of running time though as well, which in this case ended up ok, but sometimes it's hard to gauge how long it will take to get through the series of questions I have down (Insane Gazebo is coming up and we went very long with that one).

I'll endeavour to look out for more moments to ask follow up questions though in the future when possible though.

Listened to your interviews of skillsaw, Benjogami, and Dannebubinga all the way through, and I never listen to podcasts. Granted, the subjects are of particular interest to me, but still, good job! You have an understated rapport with your guests which comes no doubt from the passions you share. I do appreciate that even though you and your guests have a ton of technical knowledge, it rarely feels like you're talking over your audience's head. I also love how you walk each interviewee through their Doom Wiki page and dig into specific maps. It was fun to hear Benjo's commentary on World Orifice (what was the word he used to describe playing it? 'meditative'?) and Danne taking us behind the curtain for maps like Dying on Cue, Proxyon, and God Machine. Looking forward to future installments :)

13 hours ago, MtPain27 said:

Listened to your interviews of skillsaw, Benjogami, and Dannebubinga all the way through, and I never listen to podcasts. Granted, the subjects are of particular interest to me, but still, good job! You have an understated rapport with your guests which comes no doubt from the passions you share. I do appreciate that even though you and your guests have a ton of technical knowledge, it rarely feels like you're talking over your audience's head. I also love how you walk each interviewee through their Doom Wiki page and dig into specific maps. It was fun to hear Benjo's commentary on World Orifice (what was the word he used to describe playing it? 'meditative'?) and Danne taking us behind the curtain for maps like Dying on Cue, Proxyon, and God Machine. Looking forward to future installments :)

Hey, cool to hear that you're enjoying the podcast and I'm glad that the overall tone is enjoyable. I've actually been watching a bunch of your videos recently and really enjoying them, very soothing structure to the videos that feels like binge watching a TV series; funnily enough, Danne is the person who got me onto you in the first place :D

On 8/2/2022 at 3:19 AM, Nirvana said:

(Insane Gazebo is coming up and we went very long with that one).

Looking forward to the Gazebo podcast.